It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thought the boys found themselfs in the second hour and had great Chemistry and Speigs is not afraid to Challenge Mac on things which was good to hear . I kind of chuckled when the NBA chatter topic started as it's like nails on the chalkboard for me as well but Spiegs knows the game and got the phones ringing with the debate but unless it's a Bulls caller , I'd keep the NBA chatter limited. I look forward to the shows in the future and the football talk is going to be awesome with the both of them . Grids already got the car packed for camp and the first show down in far Southwest Kankakee county.

Things I didn't like- The over running the listner with sponserships!! I agree with most of the posts today that this can't continue as that was one of the reasons I didn't tune into B&B that often was because too many ads were cutting into my airtime with the show. The parody songs were ok and I didn't like all the callers to the show I think Mac does a great job on making callers part of the show but I think he and Matti bring more insight with their thoughts rather than some meatball caller that doesn't have a point.

I like it and wish both guys all the success that is coming their way .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Slap Shot ED wrote:
I kind of chuckled when the NBA chatter topic started as it's like nails on the chalkboard for me as well but Spiegs knows the game and got the phones ringing with the debate but unless it's a Bulls caller , I'd keep the NBA chatter limited.

I kind of chuckled too since one of the only posts I've made to Mac on this board (think it was in one of the "ask mac" threads) was about NBA talk, where he contended that most people in Chicago didn't give a shit about the NBA in general. It did kind of feel to me like he didn't really want to talk about it at all and Matt was just forcing it on him.

But I mean, I can respect that. B&B hate hockey and I like them, so it'd feel forced if they tried to incorporate more hockey talk. If Mac doesn't follow the NBA, I'd just as soon not hear as opinion, much like Murph's ill-advised topics on the Bulls, where he clearly doesn't know jack shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:
Thought the boys found themselfs in the second hour and had great Chemistry and Speigs is not afraid to Challenge Mac on things which was good to hear . I kind of chuckled when the NBA chatter topic started as it's like nails on the chalkboard for me as well but Spiegs knows the game and got the phones ringing with the debate but unless it's a Bulls caller , I'd keep the NBA chatter limited. I look forward to the shows in the future and the football talk is going to be awesome with the both of them . Grids already got the car packed for camp and the first show down in far Southwest Kankakee county.

Things I didn't like- The over running the listner with sponserships!! I agree with most of the posts today that this can't continue as that was one of the reasons I didn't tune into B&B that often was because too many ads were cutting into my airtime with the show. The parody songs were ok and I didn't like all the callers to the show I think Mac does a great job on making callers part of the show but I think he and Matti bring more insight with their thoughts rather than some meatball caller that doesn't have a point.

I like it and wish both guys all the success that is coming their way .

Over all I agree with Slappy except the gout song made my foot hurt. I look forward to the transition but over all I thin a ( A- ) for today the commercials and the freaking update. your on for four hour's in the morning HO MUCH IS GOING ON in sports that we have to hear it what seemed like every fifteen minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I am not a fan of Spiegel.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
the cum shot was a bit over the top.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
JohnKirk wrote:

We should have known.
Perfect spot for North, right, BeBe?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
ya know gout is The Disease of Kings or Rich man's disease.

The show was a little smarmy today but I think that will change once they get settled in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I found it a bit hypocritical of Mac to criticize B&B for having little respect for their callers (while at ESPN1000), yet there he was laughing along with them about the "Steak Dinner Boom! dope".

I had no problem with the MacMeatPants Show - but it seems like Terry Boers can do no wrong in Mac's eyes.

That's why there's vanilla, and that's why there's chocolate.

I quickly punched the dial after Mac was off the air. The bully pulpit simply ain't for me.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beef Rockmore wrote:
I found it a bit hypocritical of Mac to criticize B&B for having little respect for their callers (while at ESPN1000), yet there he was laughing along with them about the "Steak Dinner Boom! dope".

I had no problem with the MacMeatPants Show - but it seems like Terry Boers can do no wrong in Mac's eyes.

That's why there's vanilla, and that's why there's chocolate.

I quickly punched the dial after Mac was off the air. The bully pulpit simply ain't for me.

I would agree with Mr. Rockmore in that Mac's show will not hold me over for the B&B shitfest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
JohnKirk wrote:

We should have known.

Nah...Spiegel sounds like he should be on WGN or WBBM. And I'm not looking forward to the 4 hour Baseball shows, and the NBA talk.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

JohnKirk wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
JohnKirk wrote:

We should have known.

Nah...Spiegel sounds like he should be on WGN or WBBM. And I'm not looking forward to the 4 hour Baseball shows, and the NBA talk.

go listen to north on webio :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:37 pm 

It felt like the old Score in many ways. Loved the transition as well.