It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: the first day
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm 

jay, appreciate you coming on the board. i give you props for putting up with murph. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Armand's, 7400 w Grand in Elmwood Park.
Damn, this day was king. I feel like I've crossed over, and am now part of some grand continuum.

I thought we had some nervous energy that made us a little jumpy, especially early, but overall, we're pleased. Great fun. Mac is the goods, as all of you know, and we truly like working together.

Tall Midget, I can tell I'll never make you happy. That's excellent...stick by your guns, even when you like me.

Hope to hang with some of you on remote this week.

Spiegspants.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:19 pm 

Meat, I'm looking forward to you 'challenging' Lil Danny during the transitions. I hope you're not a stat-head and you form your baseball thoughts by actually watching baseball. That would be a refreshing change to what we've been hearing over the last couple years

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 pm 

The best, Keyzer, is to combine those two things. But hell yeah, you must watch, and glean.

Baseball is Life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
meatpants wrote:
Damn, this day was king. I feel like I've crossed over, and am now part of some grand continuum.

I thought we had some nervous energy that made us a little jumpy, especially early, but overall, we're pleased. Great fun. Mac is the goods, as all of you know, and we truly like working together.

Tall Midget, I can tell I'll never make you happy. That's excellent...stick by your guns, even when you like me.

Hope to hang with some of you on remote this week.

Spiegspants.

Meatpants-the nervousness did show a bit, but not too much. However, I suggest you start fining yourself every time you use the phrase "own it". You gotta own the bit, you have to take ownership of that, etc... you must have used the term too many times . When you use a term like that too often, it comes off badly. I suggest that you try to limit it's use. In my opinion, it was a pedestrian first day, but it was good to hear Dan again. I am looking forward to the shows that follow this initial "introduction phase". I wish you both good fortune.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What do you play in the band, Meat?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
Matt plays 2nd fiddle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:33 pm 

Elmhurst Steve, I will own that affectation. I will own it.

Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.Own it. Own it.

Frank, I sing and front the band. Come see us sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
we would...if you would accept facebook friend requests from the commoners.

:wink:

c'mon Matt.
these streets are not one ways....they are three ways. :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:42 pm 

meatpants wrote:

I highly recommend it. I saw them do Springsteen at Martyr's and Bowie at Retro on Roscoe. Both shows were awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage
Keyser Soze wrote:
meatpants wrote:

I highly recommend it. I saw them do Springsteen at Martyr's and Bowie at Retro on Roscoe. Both shows were awesome.

The Zepplin NYE show was phenomonal. No Spiegs that night though, so I look forward to a few more Tributosaurus shows with Spiegs fronting the band.

That Chris Neville guy is pretty cool too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
i've always been annoyed with the seemingly overwhelming amount of commercials the score runs. i understand they need to pay the bills, etc. but why don't they charge more per spot and shorten the number of commercials. the amount of money brought in should be the same and you'll get a much more consistent audience that won't be turned away by the constant commercial breaks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:30 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Listened to whe entire show today. Ehh, It was ok. Wanted to hear his (Mac) story of the last few months.

From here, I'll check in during commercials from MY favorite radio show, W&S.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
This was my first time listening to a Mac-hosted show from beginning to end. I have to say I liked it. Even with two new hosts trying to make it work on day 1, I would choose this over W & S. I'm liking the Mac/Spiegs pairing, you can tell they are pumped. I also like the potential of Mac v Meat disagreeing on topics. That could be interesting.

I also have to specifically thank Matt Speigel. As a father of two, Speigs was my listen of choice on my many late-night "sleepy rides" with the little ones. It helped make those rides a little better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6