It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: the second day
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Frontman wrote:
Spiegs needs to shut up a bit more. It's the Danny Mac show, not the Spiegs doing an impression of Mac doing an impression of Coppock show.

I thought Spiegel was supposed to be to Danny Mac what Ed McMahon was for the longest time to the late, great Johnny Carson, or these days, Andy Richter is to Conan O'Brien on the "Tonight Show"...You know, second banana!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
mac saying cutler's "fantasy" stats don't mean anything.

I'm glad he pointed that out. I thought the Bears got an extra victory when he surpassed 4,000 yards.

Did Cutler come with the bevy of crap RBs from Denver, and the league worst defense?

Let's not forget, Mac wasn't in favor of this Cutler trade in his Sun-Times article. I guess he felt Orton, Caleb, and the NW kid were the answer. ...or perhaps he wanted to more first round busts to bitch at Jerry Angelo about. ;)

This coming from Mac after he's finished dead last in our Fantasy Lig the past 2 years so of course he's saying fantasy numbers don't count but if Im a betting man he's grabbing Jay with his first pick this year. :P :lol:

Wondering if we have the draft at the Score studios this year if they will allow Jurko in the building. :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:52 pm 

Didn't oppose Cutler trade... said I didn't like his flakeyness and doubted Team Turner to develop the lad.

It sounds off to me, too. "Hot" and tinny. Like Reg Dunlop said to the drunk guy in the bar who was unhappy with the Chiefs' powerplay... "we're working on it." Leaving Slapshot off the air for bit (and a lot of other old "crutches") but I reserve the right to quote one of the greatest guy movies every made here on the board.

Thanks for suggestions & pointing out things about podcasts, bios on the website, etc. Concerned right now only about content and staff chemistry... which has been solid as a rock. We'll get to the peripherals later. We had only Fri and Sat together as a foursome. Jay was with us all of us last week.... while also juggling Murph. Coulda used another two weeks to work out Ray Davies' Kinks... but we there's a lot of talent and dedication on the staff so it'll adjust quickly... much quicker than it took MJH. And by a mile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:
Didn't oppose Cutler trade... said I didn't like his flakeyness and doubted Team Turner to develop the lad.

Don't remember your own column?
It sounds off to me, too. "Hot" and tinny. Like Reg Dunlop said to the drunk guy in the bar who was unhappy with the Chiefs' powerplay... "we're working on it." Leaving Slapshot off the air for bit (and a lot of other old "crutches") but I reserve the right to quote one of the greatest guy movies every made here on the board.

Thanks for suggestions & pointing out things about podcasts, bios on the website, etc. Concerned right now only about content and staff chemistry... which has been solid as a rock. We'll get to the peripherals later. We had only Fri and Sat together as a foursome. Jay was with us all of us last week.... while also juggling Murph. Coulda used another two weeks to work out Ray Davies' Kinks... but we there's a lot of talent and dedication on the staff so it'll adjust quickly... much quicker than it took MJH. And by a mile.

Don't set the bar too high. You'll strain yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I only heard about an hour today, but have always liked Mac in a 2 guy booth, and no bullshit from Jurko "I'll argue with you on every point just to argue- duh,,,that's good radio..."

I haven't listened to 670 in a while and I was prewarned by the Board about the commercials, I thought you guys were just exaggerating but holy shit!, they ain't talking for 2 hours in a 4 hour show!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:43 am 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
First of all, let me say how great it has been to get feedback from you guys. (Good and bad). It's been a whirlwind since last Tuesday when I got the call to meet for coffee and got the invite to join the ball club. A lot has happened in the last few days, and I'm getting comfortable in my new surroundings. Every radio station is different. It's been a little like that feeling you get in a strange rental car. "Where's the headlights, how do I turn on the wipers?" I'm finding my way. I have to make sure I don't continue driving to State and Lake like I did yesterday before I had coffee.

As far as sound issues, are you finding it only when the guys are talking, or is it commercials and production pieces too??? Also, Stu says the stream sounds good? Interesting. We are definitely aware of something not right, and we are working on it. (I know, "Get it right, soundboy!!")

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
The Affordable Dave Miska wrote:
First of all, let me say how great it has been to get feedback from you guys. (Good and bad). It's been a whirlwind since last Tuesday when I got the call to meet for coffee and got the invite to join the ball club. A lot has happened in the last few days, and I'm getting comfortable in my new surroundings. Every radio station is different. It's been a little like that feeling you get in a strange rental car. "Where's the headlights, how do I turn on the wipers?" I'm finding my way. I have to make sure I don't continue driving to State and Lake like I did yesterday before I had coffee.

As far as sound issues, are you finding it only when the guys are talking, or is it commercials and production pieces too??? Also, Stu says the stream sounds good? Interesting. We are definitely aware of something not right, and we are working on it. (I know, "Get it right, soundboy!!")

For me, it is all of the above. Its hard to describe without sounding mean, but kind of like being on a live remote in a tin shed? Its really noticeable in that first promo piece with Mac that plays during Mully and Hanley commercial breaks. And not just your show but M and H also. Maybe its just the station equipment. I have the stream up now and it still sounds off to me. Its not so bad I can't listen, maybe my ears are just hyper-sensitive.

Keep up the hard work, I am sure you guys will work it out soon enough!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I have listened solely via the stream and it sounded just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 am 

It's been a little like that feeling you get in a strange rental car. )

or when you are parking Harry's car

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
good dolphin wrote:
It's been a little like that feeling you get in a strange rental car. )

or when you are parking Harry's car

Nice!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
jackref wrote:
For me, it is all of the above. Its hard to describe without sounding mean, but kind of like being on a live remote in a tin shed? Its really noticeable in that first promo piece with Mac that plays during Mully and Hanley commercial breaks. And not just your show but M and H also. Maybe its just the station equipment. I have the stream up now and it still sounds off to me. Its not so bad I can't listen, maybe my ears are just hyper-sensitive.

Keep up the hard work, I am sure you guys will work it out soon enough!

The only time it sounds right for me is during that tinnitus commercial.

I listen through the stream and it sounds fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
That tinnitus commercial is a drag! Anyway, thanks for the information. We'll get it tracked down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
The stream today sounded good - definitely better than the radio yesterday. And you can really tell with that new promo Mac cut. Good work Dave!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.