It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the albatross talk today (referring to Soriano as an albatross for the Cubs). Where else can you hear something like that? 8) And like the Unaffordable Dave Miska mentioned, I couldn't help but think of the Iron Maiden "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" song. :lol:

i love it when 1 head of a four headed producer can go that deep into iron maidens closet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the albatross talk today (referring to Soriano as an albatross for the Cubs). Where else can you hear something like that? 8) And like the Unaffordable Dave Miska mentioned, I couldn't help but think of the Iron Maiden "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" song. :lol:

I was thinking more Corrosion Of Conformity's Albatross. Still fits the description.
Well I'm feelin' left behind, Lord what a waste of time
They're coming to get you, run on
How can I respect your crime
When all you criminals whine
They bought and sold you, run on, run on

You can call me crazy
You can call me wrong
Cause I was born a liar
Albatross fly on, fly on

My home is kind, man it pays to be blind
I promise to forget you run on
No swallowed pride, no conspiracy lined
Broken promise of the virtue, run on, Lord run on

You can call me lazy
But I know where I belong
Cause I was born a liar
Albatross, fly on, fly on
With your trust in love from your God above...

I believe the Albatross is me

You can call me lazy
You can call me wrong
Cause I was born a liar
Albatross, fly on, fly on

I should have seen the signs
Now the memories far behind
It was no big loss,
Fly on, Albatross yeah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
W_Z wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:
Just picking nits, but the constant referring to each other by their last name only also annoys the piss out of me. :x

heh, love the sig SD.

i don't know nothin about biochemistry, but i do know i like them taddies.

It's Randy Time! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
buckeyejake wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

i love it when 1 head of a four headed producer can go that deep into iron maidens closet

Jeff, Donspiracy, and Buckeye Jake,

Glad someone else got it besides me and Spiegel... Rock!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
scorehead # 84 wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Sorry Midge, but I don't see the comparisons between Harry and Meatpants.
Harry drinks way too much. I don't always agree with Meatpants, but he's able to break down the games and elaborate on his points. Harry just fills the air with rah-rah BS.

There, I fixed your post! :D :wink:

Thanks a lot. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Spiegel has been noticeably better without Mack around. Its like night and day. He's still mediocre at best, but at least he's no longer screaming like a carnival barker.

I think its obvious that the problem is Mack. He was terrible at his last job and he's even worse now. I don't see what, if anything, he brings to the table. He doesn't know much about sports aside from some baseball and football. And even when he does know, he spends so much time trying to make every sentence sound Coppicky that any knowledge he has is lost in annoyance.

The ONLY time Mack is interesting is when he's being bitter about his previous employment....and he refuses to talk about that save the occassional brief tease or obvious shot at Harry. Yawn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:08 am 

I'm not ready to call this show a train wreck but it does lack a certain something. I actually found Meatpants enjoyable when he was doing weekend shows with SportingNews Radio. But so far he isn't doing much of anything to entertain me. Neither is Mac though. I won't give up on it yet. I'll wait till football season and hope the show is more entertaining by then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Affordable Dave Miska wrote:
buckeyejake wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Jeff, Donspiracy, and Buckeye Jake,

Glad someone else got it besides me and Spiegel... Rock!!

Dave if you are playing theatre of the mind for a few Iron Maiden fans, then the "four headed monster" has a lot of work to do to make the show listenable on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
shakes wrote:
Spiegel has been noticeably better without Mack around. Its like night and day. He's still mediocre at best, but at least he's no longer screaming like a carnival barker.

I think its obvious that the problem is Mack. He was terrible at his last job and he's even worse now. I don't see what, if anything, he brings to the table. He doesn't know much about sports aside from some baseball and football. And even when he does know, he spends so much time trying to make every sentence sound Coppicky that any knowledge he has is lost in annoyance.

The ONLY time Mack is interesting is when he's being bitter about his previous employment....and he refuses to talk about that save the occassional brief tease or obvious shot at Harry. Yawn.

I agree 100%

Mackeyfish has control now. The ultimate back seat driver has the wheel.

It's just like the dog who chases cars.... Once he catches one he doesn't know what to do with it. Why do you think he has a lowball one year deal to do middays?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:48 am 

shakes wrote:

Absolutely agree. He's so much better when he's not trying to outshout Mac and trade one-liners and movie quotes with him. A certain somebody could extend his Canada trip and that would be just fine with me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
It's been posted here several times here before: it's going take time for Mac and Matt to gel.
Once Bearbonnais hits, Mac should take more interest in discussions. He'll spend more time arguing his points than struggling for one-liners or hip music comments.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
Once Bearbonnais hits, Mac should take more interest in discussions. He'll spend more time arguing his points than struggling for one-liners or hip music comments.

I'm picking up what you are throwing down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Brian's Mojito wrote:
It's been posted here several times here before: it's going take time for Mac and Matt to gel.

It will be time to bust out the Highland Trojan lore. Even that is an improvement at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Absolutely agree. He's so much better when he's not trying to outshout Mac and trade one-liners and movie quotes with him. A certain somebody could extend his Canada trip and that would be just fine with me.

Well let me ask this then. If you had a successful show for years and felt people enjoyed who I am because of my content and the way I comport myself then why ,try and be something he's not? I guess the detractors of the new show are asking Mac to reinvent himself?

Im just trying to figure some of these posts out but having a hard time understanding what you want from a 20 year successsful radio host. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 pm 

THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Well let me ask this then. If you had a successful show for years and felt people enjoyed who I am because of my content and the way I comport myself then why ,try and be something he's not? I guess the detractors of the new show are asking Mac to reinvent himself?

Im just trying to figure some of these posts out but having a hard time understanding what you want from a 20 year successsful radio host. :roll:

I believe Mac has said (after he was let go, of course) that he realized MJH had run its course and it was time to reinvent himself. He may have actually used that very word on the first day of the new show. Plus, he's always complaining about all the rules and regulations at ESPN that cramped his style and what a bad partner Harry was, so I figured I'd give him a try in his new environment with his new partner.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
If the reinvention means toning down the Coppock- and Berman-like impulses and reducing the meta references, I'm all for it. Go after Spiegel. Make him cry if he can't defend his opinions. Even K.C. Johnson had him backpedaling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:23 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:

These guys get all over jocks who only take a passing interest in what they do, why after 6 months off the air would he not have interest in any discussion on THE DANNY MAC SHOW :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
lamar hoyt's burrito wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

These guys get all over jocks who only take a passing interest in what they do, why after 6 months off the air would he not have interest in any discussion on THE DANNY MAC SHOW :shock:

I completely agree.

I think I am going into the bosses office today and explaining to him that due to the run of warmer weather we are having (not my favorite) I am going to coast until about early September. (I like the cool crisp breezes of fall). When he tells me to fuck off, do my best work everyday cause that what I am paid to do, I will tell him, hey buddy, its just not my time of year.

And after that, I will be able to post all day/every day on here while looking for a new job.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:31 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:

Maybe it's not his show, he's just on the show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Maybe it's not his show, he's just on the show.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dick Jauron!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm 

EG Greg wrote:
I think I am going into the bosses office today and explaining to him that due to the run of warmer weather we are having (not my favorite) I am going to coast until about early September. (I like the cool crisp breezes of fall). When he tells me to fuck off, do my best work everyday cause that what I am paid to do, I will tell him, hey buddy, its just not my time of year.

And after that, I will be able to post all day/every day on here while looking for a new job.

If you need help with the housework while you're unemployed, I think Webby is available to give you an experienced hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

He caught the dreaded Mike North disease.