It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac on Tiny today
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

I have a question for Dan today as I heard him take Harry to the pommel horse during the show as Mac described Harry as a teammate who was not coachable and I'm parapharsing here but Dan talked about Harry never being told no his whole life and when was told "NO" in the work place, he had a hard time dealing with it and became diffucult.

I guess my question is two fold in that were you Harry's boss or were you the name and or person who pretty much controlled the shows content and direction of MJH and had the last say ? Hearing you're discontent for Harry is understandable but the bitterness seems as if you were the Marquis name in the program but yet had no controll over Harry and it seems to bother you that he still has a job at a place that you made successful and you were out looking in at one point.

Your blow up's with Harry were well documented and Im sure the anger runs deep for the guy but Im perplexed as to some of the examples of his being a pain in the ass and not a guy who wanted to conform with what you wanted as a lead host .

Post subject: Re: Mac on Tiny today
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's a gutless wonder. When people ripped on him about Harry at MVP, he defended him continuously. Mac has no credibility at all with this rant. He used to use his fake laughter whenever Harry said anytime and added , "Aw that's funny".
Mac's a phony and a 2nd rate north. Both suck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I highly doubt that we'll ever see this embrace ever again-

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Based on arm positions, Mac's the girl for that dance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 pm 

The whole opening act was completely disingenous. Spiegs pretending that he had to update Mac on last week's activities. Mac feigning ignorance of the whole Bruce Wolf incident (I believe that he asked Speigs, "what triggered Bruce's outburst?") . Mac getting a shot at the "Bear from Mokena" for attacking Wolf and then backing down when Wolf called in.

Spiegs saying the show was edgy last week (using a favorite word of some here). And then the attack on Teinowitz. Sort of like a manager getting ejected to motivate his team. The attack on Teinowitz was to show Mac can be 'edgy' (along with the weak shot at Boers).

I guess Mac has swallowed the Bernsy Kool Aid and thinks his audience consists mainly of dopes. I've seen greater sincerity in interviews on pro-wrestling shows back in the early 1980s.

Luckily, I remembered the sage advice of one adept with the skewer and I PTFB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

That goddamn section of the floor was built by a once-in-a-lifetime true professional. Surprised the building didn't buckle and that their belts did.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wanderer wrote:
Luckily, I remembered the sage advice of one adept with the skewer and I PTFB

You and apparently most of the listening audience. Mac hasn't changed a bit. No wonder MVP doesn't miss him a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:50 pm 

SID,

What was worse is that eventhough the whole 'shtick' was rehearsed., Speigs still kept shouting like he was on a long distance call from some third world country and kept interrupting Mac. Not just is the content annoying, the delivery resembles what I heard on my college radio station back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
He's a gutless wonder. When people ripped on him about Harry at MVP, he defended him continuously. Mac has no credibility at all with this rant. He used to use his fake laughter whenever Harry said anytime and added , "Aw that's funny".

Great , fine, we get it SID , I don't need your same ole lame thoughts everytime I pose a question to Dan. Raise your hand next time and when I call on you then you may post something . Go stick your dick in a "Glory hole" already, odds are Gloop will be at the end of it. :roll:

Dan my question is not one to annoy you as much as I thought it was an interesting statement as you brought up the fact you couldn't controll Harry which I find a bit perplexing from a shows point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Italian Fiesta
This was bad radio. I know Mac is the patron saint of white trash for the Score, but he could atleast pretend he has some class.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Don Tiny wrote:
Surprised the building didn't buckle and that their belts did.

Nice phrasing! +1 :thumright:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I didn't really get Mac going after Harry, the day he gets back after a vacation, I just wonder if it has something to do with Jurko and maybe his contract, which may be expiring soon. It could be that the Saloon is going to a horse event in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
I didn't find anything wrong with it...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.." I for one have heard enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:10 am 

That ideology make work at church socials, K-effective... but not in radio. I know some of you are sick of it. I know some of you love it. And so it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Mac wrote:
That ideology make work at church socials, K-effective... but not in radio. I know some of you are sick of it. I know some of you love it. And so it goes.

The hell with it. Keep doin what you do. Alot of guys in this board have been spewing out too much estrogen lately

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I enjoy it when someone gives an opinion on the radio! If the Sport Talk Shows were filled with Glen Koslowski clones,not many would tune in.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:35 am 

Teinowicz sent MAC an email that started with...

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME MOTHERFUCKER!?!?

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Careful,D-Dave might be lurking!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Just pandering to the dirty laundry crowd. I don't know why people still ask Rock what he thinks of North and his situation. My advice is, figure out whether YOU like Tiny and/or North, and don't worry about validating your opinions.

Having said that, I don't like Tiny, and also don't understand how the game show segments CJH do so well. Unless people are NOT moving the dial away from B&B "330 cliks", they're just going to their iPods or turning the radio off.

LOL, they can run North up a flag pole so we can all salute, and some of you will extract opinions out of the flag pole.

(Beebo also dislikes Pappy and LoHo. But likes Murph. Have nice day, all)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 am 

There is nothing interesting going on in sports now anyways. This is the second worst time of the year for sports besides the time between the Super Bowl and March Madness.

Would you prefer they talked about how the Cubs and Sox need to play better in order to make the playoffs?
Would you prefer they talked about the Cubs ownership situation?
We could always do more speculation on a trade for Roy Halladay that will never happen!

Boers and Bernstein are spending time discussing a ponzi scheme to fill time because there isn't anything to talk about. They are even talking about the Dale Tallon firing which no one cares about.

Once training camp starts and during football season I doubt we'll be hearing too much about Harry. In fact Mac, I would recommend that you get all your thoughts on the previous station out before Jay Cutler takes over as the savior because no one will want to hear it then. There will be actual sports radio content to cover. Get it out now, get your closure, and put it in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There is nothing interesting going on in sports now anyways. .

In a normal year, this would be baseball trade deadline talk time. No one is buying this year. Still, both baseball teams started up season defining series this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Still, both baseball teams started up season defining series this week.

Not really. I predict that on Sunday we will still not know if the Sox or Cubs are going to make the playoffs.

The Sox are 1 game back. The Cubs are 2 games back. No matter what happens, they will each be in the playoff chase.

Both divisions are going to come down to play in late August and September which means the season is defined then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Not really. I predict that on Sunday we will still not know if the Sox or Cubs are going to make the playoffs.

The Sox are 1 game back. The Cubs are 2 games back. No matter what happens, they will each be in the playoff chase.

Both divisions are going to come down to play in late August and September which means the season is defined then.

I agree Rick. Its weird but 5 games back seems like so much. Yet a team 5 gb will be in it til the final week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The Cubs are playing against the second best (and possibly best) team in the NL. The Sox are playing against the defending AL champion who has been the hottest team in the AL since June. They are being defined in relation to the best in the league, not against their mediocre division mates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The Cubs are playing against the second best (and possibly best) team in the NL. The Sox are playing against the defending AL champion who has been the hottest team in the AL since June. They are being defined in relation to the best in the league, not against their mediocre division mates.

I'd call it a "Barometer series" because it will show how good the teams are right now.

However, a month from now it won't matter. After the season is over(and the Sox have the championship parade) I won't look back on this series as meaning anything more than any others. However, a month from now when they are in a race to make the playoffs and they win a series to give them a lead in the division I will.

We won't know how this season went by the end of the week, and therefore the season hasn't been defined, and therefore no series this week played in a "season defining series".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'd call it a "Barometer series" because it will show how good the teams are right now.

However, a month from now it won't matter. After the season is over(and the Sox have the championship parade) I won't look back on this series as meaning anything more than any others. However, a month from now when they are in a race to make the playoffs and they win a series to give them a lead in the division I will.

We won't know how this season went by the end of the week, and therefore the season hasn't been defined, and therefore no series this week played in a "season defining series".

OK. So the only defining series can be in the last week or two of the season.

I'll tell you right now that this is a clear beginning to the Sox either winning or losing the division and has been pointed to by anyone with a modicum of baseball knowledge since the beginning of the season. Now, if they happen to spank the Yankees or Red Sox people may consider it more significant, but look at the schedule and tell me there is not a difference beginning yesterday.

seems defining to this limited intelligence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:31 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
OK. So the only defining series can be in the last week or two of the season.

That isn't true. If the Sox were 6 games back right now, and had a chance to drop to 9 games back it would be right now. They could very well be out of it in that case.

I don't see any result in this series that would allow me to say that the Sox are 95% likely to make the playoffs or 95% likely to not make the playoffs. Even a sweep wouldn't do that.

I think we are arguing semantics more than anything now.

I just don't think the "win or your going to be out of the playoff picture" urgency is here yet. In a month, it will be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:

i get your point but you really cant go ripping a guy you have to work with everyday on the radio or the show is going to suck ass and your ratings will plumet. sometimes its better to just wait till your not there anymore to give him the business.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
So, you guys like an opinion on the radio, but I make mine and it sounds churchy and effeminant. Let me rephrase it for you then...

Dan, you are just full of shit on this, so SHUT UP ABOUT HARRY!!

I wasn't a hard-core sports radio fan back when you left 670 the first time, so I don't remember the specifics, but I am pretty sure you entered into your ESPN contract willingly, no gun to your head, and could have gone another direction if your proposed co-host was a big issue. You signed on anyway. No doubt, the alternatve may not have been as rosy, but it was available.

I do remember talk of contract renewal at least once during your run there- if it was so bad, why didn't you leave then? Just let it run out and move on up. So it either wasn't so terrible, or you didn't have the balls to pull the trigger...

Most importantly, were the results of your team so terrible? I distinctly remember shouts of joy and chest thumping about every ratings period- you guys were #1 and kicking the ass of all challengers for most of your run, right?

So the root of the problem is that you didn't always get your way on the old show- somebody else got input and got to do what they wanted to do once in a while, much to your displeasure. Well, boo-fucking-hoo.

Guess what?! You know now what you didn't know then. You had the four months to plan your return, under your terms and your terms only. You better have done it right this time-there won't be anybody to blame but Dan freakin McNeil this time around!

So quit pissing in my ear about how bad the old days were and don't give me any crap about a slow sports time. You are driving the show, MAKE me want to listen. Make it so good I can't stand to miss it, cause you told me to PTFB if I don't like it, and I will.

This probably comes off out-of-character to most of you here, and it is, but I got my damn period yesterday AND had Altar Guild duties, too, so cut me some slack, OK?