It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fatherhood Traning
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am 

I have this crazy idea. I thought I would run it by the board.

Basically I wanna help young fathers. Guys that didnt plan to get a girl pregnant. The ones that are freaked out. They wanna do the right thing but they have no idea where to start. Like an Early Fatherhood training center. (catchy isnt it?)

Help them with their finances...tell em what they need to do...what they can do...help with jobs maybe...help with dealing with baby mamas

Seriously though, with abortion clinics and therapy for the girls who get pregnant. The impregnators are not mentioned much...but are expected to do right.

I dont know if this already exists in some way or if Its a stupid idea.

But I didnt know what the hell to do at first...I would have benefitted from a place like that.

I think it could turn some guys who would be deadbeat dads into good ones by just giving them a plan.

There's so many deadbeet dads...they're not ALL assholes...some act out of Fear I think. I think a good amount of them could be swayed.

I know there is Fatherhood matters and places like that...but those are more for fathers rights than training, I think.

I thought about this a while ago...and every time i see an abortion sign or a teen pregnancy hotline billboard...it re occurs to me.

What do you think?

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fatherhood Traning
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think it is a very noble idea with great possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am 

I think it is a great idea. I have actually been toying with the idea of doing something for teenagers about life in general. Our school systems (and many parents) don't seem to fully prepare children to face the basic realities of life outside of the nest. Any bit of education that can help a young man live up to his responsibilities is a great thing. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
:thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
One of the first things would be to give them free condoms and say "use these fuckers from here on out."

It is a pretty good idea. Very noble, but could also make a difference, and some decent $.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Frank Coztansa wrote:
some decent $.

I don't know about that. I would think the target market here is going to be financially strapped in the first place and the ones that have money also probably have the structure around them to help them already.

Seems like this would have to go the route of a "service to the community" not-for profit type thing. Either set up that way as a stand alone or latch on to some community groups providing this class or clinic as an extension of a community outreach type organization that already exists.

I would think the latter would be the way to start to gauge interest. It has low costs to start-up as you probably just need to rent the room and provide some of your own advertising. You could then present your clinic to corporate and individual donors to drum up some funding.

Although, I fully admit I know very little about how those types of organizations operate. It may be more difficult than that.

I hate to make this too "businessy". I think you could provide a valuable service but it still has to be structured and planned in the best way to make it succeed IMO.

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 am 

I have heard you have some connections with a man named Shawn Kemp. He would be a perfect person and spokesman to start your new business endeavor with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Basically I wanna help young fathers. Guys that didnt plan to get a girl pregnant. The ones that are freaked out. They wanna do the right thing but they have no idea where to start. Like an Early Fatherhood training center. (catchy isnt it?)

Help them with their finances...tell em what they need to do...what they can do...help with jobs maybe...help with dealing with baby mamas

Seriously though, with abortion clinics and therapy for the girls who get pregnant. The impregnators are not mentioned much...but are expected to do right.

But I didnt know what the hell to do at first...I would have benefitted from a place like that.

I think it could turn some guys who would be deadbeat dads into good ones by just giving them a plan.

There's so many deadbeet dads...they're not ALL assholes...some act out of Fear I think. I think a good amount of them could be swayed.

I know there is Fatherhood matters and places like that...but those are more for fathers rights than training, I think.

I thought about this a while ago...and every time i see an abortion sign or a teen pregnancy hotline billboard...it re occurs to me.

What do you think?

NIce of you to come up with so many ideas for names for Frank Coztansa's next band.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:08 pm 

Being called noble more than once is pretty bad ass.

Thanks

Frank and Dr...I was thinking a not for profit type thing...maybe make some money down the road to reinvest in the program. Doc your advice is good. Thank You. Especially about attaching it to an already viable program. That seems logical.

I wont respond to Douchebag's silliness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

'The Impregnators' is a great band name.

We tried 'All Assholes' and 'Stupid Idea', but we found out that WIND had trademarked both names for a Saturday morning show of thiers. Upon hearing a couple of quick samples of said show, we knew why they those names already trademarked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm 

A side benefit that you would have access to a large number of women in the parking lot who clearly are willing to give it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Kid, I thought you were done posting for a bit?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
'The Impregnators' is a great band name.

We tried 'All Assholes' and 'Stupid Idea', but we found out that WIND had trademarked both names for a Saturday morning show of thiers. Upon hearing a couple of quick samples of said show, we knew why they those names already trademarked.

You know Frank, maybe the reason why everyone on this board thinks you are a total clown is your "I know you are but what am I" style.
The other day you made fun of my pic and my wife. I laughed it off - done. If it was you, you would have said, "Yeah, but your mother is ugly."
Do you get it?
You think you always have to have the final word, but you don't care how stupid it makes you sound.
Try a Dale Carnegie class. You need help.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
It would seem that you might be able to secure government grant money for something like this...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:21 pm 

Killer V wrote:
It would seem that you might be able to secure government grant money for something like this...

good point
If your serious ...thank you
If your trying to bait someone into posting a pic of the question mark guy...thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:24 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If your trying to bait someone into posting a pic of the question mark guy...thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Excellent idea. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
rogers park bryan wrote:
What do you think?

I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
rogers park bryan wrote:

What do you think?

I think it is a great idea. It gives me some hope that humanity has some deceny left when people are taking their responsibilites seriously and wanting to help others shine as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:48 am 

I think it's great.

Can't see that you'd make a lot of money doing it, but I don't think that's what you were in it for. I'd start at the township level...lots of health and human services for the "everday people" are found at that level.

GO FOR IT! DO IT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:53 am 

Thank you everyone for your replies and input.

Honestly Im in the idea forming stage of this thing. Very early. I couldnt undertake anything like this right now...but I hope to sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Bryan, the Archdiocese has a pretty vibrant young adults (they define it as anything in the 18-40 range) organization. If you don't mind piloting this in church basements and parish school auditoriums, you might want to "pitch" it to them. To my knowledge they don't have anything like what you concocted. They have an enormous reach and a track record of "packing the house" for their programs. The priest who runs the organization is a good guy, despite the fact that he switched his allegiance to Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 pm 

My Coach Vinny wrote:
Bryan, the Archdiocese has a pretty vibrant young adults (they define it as anything in the 18-40 range) organization. If you don't mind piloting this in church basements and parish school auditoriums, you might want to "pitch" it to them. To my knowledge they don't have anything like what you concocted. They have an enormous reach and a track record of "packing the house" for their programs. The priest who runs the organization is a good guy, despite the fact that he switched his allegiance to Cubs.

Thanks coach...Ill keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I imagine you might even be able to make a small profit off of this as they have, in the past, promoted sessions with "career consultant/coach" types that involved admission fees.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
My Coach Vinny wrote:

Excommunicate him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
My Coach Vinny wrote:

Thanks coach...Ill keep that in mind.

Just don't mention the use of any type of birth control in the future. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm 

You might also be able to work with either the State's Attorney's or Clerk of the Court's division dealing with paternity agreements.

Get a legit program together and judges may be willing to order those entering into agreements or failing to meet terms of agreements into classes.

I like the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:51 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

yeah thats why I would be hesitant to attach this to a specific religion. Especially for ones that may reverse their stance or apologize for something 50 yrs later...

good dolphin wrote:
You might also be able to work with either the State's Attorney's or Clerk of the Court's division dealing with paternity agreements.

Get a legit program together and judges may be willing to order those entering into agreements or failing to meet terms of agreements into classes.

I like the idea.

Actually dealing with the Clerk of the Court and all the paperwork and stuff I had to go through was instrumental in the idea coming to me.

I never thought of people being ordered by a judge to the program. But that definitely could happen.

Thank all of You...Ive gotten a lot of great feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
RPB I salute you and your willingness to adress a major social issue. This is a great idea. There are almost zero programs devoted to helping young/single fathers. If at any point you ever need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask. My wife works for an insurance agency that insures Non-profits so she could possibly help point you in the right direction to get the ball rolling. Good luck and God Bless