It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Honest Good Fight!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Nothing wrong with a little heat. I actually got some humor out of hearing Spiegs all fired up at Mac's alleged lack of morals (For lack of a better word) and Mac not caring that much, which I think got Spiegs more fired up. I do get what Mac was saying. He just didn't care what someone else did to get a story, guest or scoop. Whatever they want to do is their business.

THIS IS WHAT TAKE THE GLOVES OFF SHOULD BE, GIVE ME SOME 'DING'! SOUND EFFECTS! SOME UPPER CUTS!

I just wanna match off air stories!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I'm with you BF. I thought it was entertaining radio. I'm actually with Mac on this one, but I totally understand Meats point. Being just a reader (listener), I don't really care how it came out or who the story comes from.... but I can see why Matty does.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
About what time was this "disagreement" on? I'd like to give it a listen on podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
9:30 or so and continued into the 10:00 hour. Great stuff...rich...compelling. :P It kept me tuned in.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Post subject: Re: A Honest Good Fight!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Yep, it was good stuff. Bout time something interesting happened on that show.

Tomorrow Mac should start out the show by saying its ok to rape girls if they dress slutty and go from there for the first couple hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
I wonder if Mac has ever kissed his bosses ass to advance in his career? I seem to remember him saying he'd NEVER do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I thought it sounded contrived and wasn't convinced Dan believed his position. Then again I don't know what he thinks are the responsibilites of a reporter or journalist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Spaulding wrote:
I thought it sounded contrived and wasn't convinced Dan believed his position. Then again I don't know what he thinks are the responsibilites of a reporter or journalist.

Read his POS column? It's obvious he doesn't think much about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:32 pm 

Yes. His columns are okay. I think he struggles with some. I think you could stand to be a little more creative.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:31 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Read his POS column? It's obvious he doesn't think much about it.

GLOOP! How much do you listen to the show? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

I'm on board with tis. It was set-up, at least initially. Mac ain't going on the air with it if it ain't discussed in the pre-show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:42 am 

Come on! Wasn't cntrived, Spiegs was genuinely crushed

for the record, I have watched and enjoye watching the video. Additionally would have enjoyed the 5 minute tape and in a weird way, give the sick little fucker who did it credit for having a plan. Too bad it will cost him his life when and if they find him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 am 

bigfan wrote:
give the sick little fucker who did it credit for having a plan. Too bad it will cost him his life when and if they find him.

Noisewater doesnt fuck around :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 am 

Not contrived at all. Our meetings run about 8 minutes... during which time we talk (not specifically) about five "hits" we'll hammer... who's guesting (if anybody)... and thats about it. After 7 1/2 yrs at ESPN... I'm meetinged out. Even when meetings ran 30 minutes.... we never went into details about stances we'd take on an issue. Best saving that for the actual show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza in Lisle
Mac wrote:
Not contrived at all. Our meetings run about 8 minutes... during which time we talk (not specifically) about five "hits" we'll hammer... who's guesting (if anybody)... and thats about it. After 7 1/2 yrs at ESPN... I'm meetinged out. Even when meetings ran 30 minutes.... we never went into details about stances we'd take on an issue. Best saving that for the actual show.

Even if it was, people seemed to have enjoyed it and that's the whole point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Jesus, you guys say you want edgy, you get edgy and then you complain that it's not "real" edgy?

There is a certain segment of this board that will never be happy with a Mac show regardless of the content, edginess, curb appeal, etc. - so it's better to just acknowledge that fact and move on.

You can lead a horse to water - unless you are Harry - but you can't make him drink.

Personally, I am going to enjoy the show and the development of it - it is getting better every day and that's all anyone can strive for or ask for.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

Heaven forbid anybody put any thought into wtf they are doing........

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

The essence of why these message boards can be so frustrating. He gets grilled for not planning a segment, and when the truth comes out he DIDN'T plan it, he gets grilled for not planning it.

What a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm 
Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

The essence of why these message boards can be so frustrating. He gets grilled for not planning a segment, and when the truth comes out he DIDN'T plan it, he gets grilled for not planning it.

What a joke.

+1 like pretty much everything you post. Some people love to bitch and will find a reason to bitch. Too edgy/boring, fake laughter, not planned/too much planning/whatever the issue of the day is. I think it makes them happy on a deep level to be pissing and moaning.

The Erin Andrews exchange was some of the best radio I've heard in a long, long time(from 670 or 1k)

The show is getting a lot better

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

What a joke.

Not to mention he gets grilled for talking too much about grilling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
shakes wrote:

What a joke.

Not to mention he gets grilled for talking too much about grilling.

I'm going to marinade you Chicago! :P

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mac wrote:

the couple of meetings that i have been able to hear are really only about 4 minutes of "what do we discuss today" anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Never forget the 6 P's.
I usually forget them unfortunately. :(

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:44 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Jesus, you guys say you want edgy, you get edgy and then you complain that it's not "real" edgy?

There is a certain segment of this board that will never be happy with a Mac show regardless of the content, edginess, curb appeal, etc. - so it's better to just acknowledge that fact and move on.

You can lead a horse to water - unless you are Harry - but you can't make him drink.

Personally, I am going to enjoy the show and the development of it - it is getting better every day and that's all anyone can strive for or ask for.

TROOF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:35 pm 

DegenDave wrote:

Chris St Charles wrote:

Wildcard wrote:
+1 like pretty much everything you post. Some people love to bitch and will find a reason to bitch. Too edgy/boring, fake laughter, not planned/too much planning/whatever the issue of the day is. I think it makes them happy on a deep level to be pissing and moaning.

Quit taking the estrogen pills they are making you guys too sensitive. I'm not pissing and moaning. It sounded contrived to me. That's all. I don't hate the show, I don't care if they plan or not. I wasn't glued to the radio but I suppose on some level it was entertaining because I didn't flip.

I was suprised that Mac took the stance of sure go ahead sleep around to get a story because I think I recall him saying he doesn't have much respect for people, men or women, that sleep around. If they didn't plan it fine but it sounded fakey.