It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pot meet Kettle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
After listening to Matt comment on the looks of Cardinals fan, I thought, hmmm didnt I just see someone (300 lbs +) stuffed into a lime green button up on the board somewhere?

Now, I'm aware you have lost a good amount of weight Matt but do you really think you should be casting stones in anyones direction regarding their physical appearance? There is plenty I'll back you on, but this is probably a cause you should abandon.

Keep up the hard work at the new fancy gym Matty, then we can bash the shit out of those hideous Cards fans all day long.

Post subject: Re: Pot meet Kettle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 pm 

Dude let it go, who in the hell cares!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Vegas Cub Fan wrote:
Dude let it go, who in the hell cares!!

I dont truly "care" about anything said on sports radio. However, this board is to express your opinions on various topics and to call people out on odd/strange/stupid statements.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 am 

EG, I think anyone who works in radio and makes comments about appearances need to be called out. Very few of them look good themselves; and Spiegs is near the top of the list of bizarre looking guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 am 

Spiegel would be considered anorexic if he was around St. Louis Cardinals fans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am 

EG Greg are you defender of ugly people? OK, Spiegs is no svelt, we all know that, but St Louis people are Ugly too! So because Spiegel is fat he can't comment on St Louis people beign Ugly?
Can we now assume you might be ugly and are offended by his statements? or maybe you are from St Louis?
Maybe you are a member of PAFI (People Against Fat Insults)
For years Steve Dahl made comments about peoples looks and have you ever seen him?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Spiegel would be considered anorexic if he was around St. Louis Cardinals fans.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 am 

FYI wrote:
EG Greg are you defender of ugly people? OK, Spiegs is no svelt, we all know that, but St Louis people are Ugly too! So because Spiegel is fat he can't comment on St Louis people beign Ugly?
Can we now assume you might be ugly and are offended by his statements? or maybe you are from St Louis?
For years Steve Dahl made comments about peoples looks and have you ever seen him?

No he can't comment because he is ugly. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
So, fat people can't make fun of other fat people? Does that therefore mean black folks shouldn't comment on Bruce Smith, or white people make fun of Bryant Gumbel?

Any reason to bitch about other people, apparently, seems to be okay though. Got it.

If you don't like Meatpants, fine, say so. Otherwise, if you're all nancied-up because a blubby person made fun of what he saw to be unattractive and androgynous porkers from St. Louis, then what are you doing on a board like this anyway? Not exactly a repository for that 'political correctness' horseshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

FYI wrote:

This is an impressive post.

Not I'm not from St. Louis and have no special attachment to anyone who is.

Fat insults are fine with me, but when you are somewhere between 3 and 4 bills, you probably shouldnt be the one throwing them out. Something about stones and glass houses.

Who gives a fuck about Steve Dahl, he is a Howard Stern wannabe who has about 1% of Sterns talent.

Spiegel just isnt the person to be making this argument.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
EG Greg wrote:
FYI wrote:

Fat insults are fine with me, but when you are somewhere between 3 and 4 bills, you probably shouldnt be the one throwing them out. Something about stones and glass houses.

Who gives a fuck about Steve Dahl, he is a Howard Stern wannabe who has about 1% of Sterns talent.

I'll take Dahl over Stern, thank you.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
So, fat people can't make fun of other fat people? Does that therefore mean black folks shouldn't comment on Bruce Smith, or white people make fun of Bryant Gumbel?

Any reason to bitch about other people, apparently, seems to be okay though. Got it.

If you don't like Meatpants, fine, say so. Otherwise, if you're all nancied-up because a blubby person made fun of what he saw to be unattractive and androgynous porkers from St. Louis, then what are you doing on a board like this anyway? Not exactly a repository for that 'political correctness' horseshit.

This is probably the single dumbest post in this boards history. (excluding of course the high horse riding, moral policeman himself Mr. Reason and his thoughts)

The analogy you drew in your first sentence is stunning. Clearly you need some reading comprehension skills if that is what you took my post to mean. People are welcome to make fun of whomever they please, but when you are a public figure, dont be shocked if someone calls you out on it.

Frontman is correct, many in the radio business are there for a reason and its because they should be heard and not seen. Everyone isnt blessed with Brad Pitt looks but to clown others when you have tons of room for personal improvement seems a little strange and hypocritical.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
EG Greg wrote:
FYI wrote:

I'll take Dahl over Stern, thank you.

Congrats to you. By the way it amazes me that he fell flat on his face at WCKG after Stern left if he was so talented. I dont think that any stations are changing formats or doing complete overhauls because Dahl left their stations.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

EG Greg wrote:
Keep up the hard work at the new fancy gym Matty, then we can bash the shit out of those hideous Cards fans all day long.

Feel free to read this quote at the end of my original post as well. It's all in good fun and I'm more than happy to give Cards fans a beat down for missing a few chromosomes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
EG Greg wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

This is probably the single dumbest post in this boards history. (excluding of course the high horse riding, moral policeman himself Mr. Reason and his thoughts)

The analogy you drew in your first sentence is stunning. Clearly you need some reading comprehension skills if that is what you took my post to mean. People are welcome to make fun of whomever they please, but when you are a public figure, dont be shocked if someone calls you out on it.

Frontman is correct, many in the radio business are there for a reason and its because they should be heard and not seen. Everyone isnt blessed with Brad Pitt looks but to clown others when you have tons of room for personal improvement seems a little strange and hypocritical.

Long form:

Clearly your comprehension skills are the ones that are for shit.

I used those comparisons precisely to see who would be so dim as to think my point was about race ... most people of your apparently low level of mental acumen can't wait to pounce on that tasty morsel no matter how artificial it actually is. All it demonstrates is your opportunistic penchant for acting all outraged or offended for no reason other than to be an attention whore.

What the sentences mean is that there's no "rule" that says (for example) a fat person can't make fun of a fat person. Same goes for an ugly person pointing out how ugly another person is. And the fact that asshats like yourself get all bent out of shape about it actually becomes the funny part of it all.

Short form:

Shut up, you talentless, mindless hack.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
So Mat is a big fuck who enjoys lime green apparel. That does not make his statements about St. Louis Lesbian/soccer moms any less true. Being someone who has lived at both ends of the spectrum (Young & Handsome)-(Older & Handsome),I have no problem ripping an ugly bitch if I see one. That's what guys do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
For the record, that wasn't a lime green button up. That I could begin to understand. Wasn't he actually wearing a sleeveless, lime green mock turtleneck? Wtf?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Sucker,
The guy has BOTH in his collection! Check out the thread about going to Borbanais for pictures inside a hot sweaty trailor supplied by Eaglo Jeff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
EG Greg wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Long form:

Clearly your comprehension skills are the ones that are for shit.

I used those comparisons precisely to see who would be so dim as to think my point was about race ... most people of your apparently low level of mental acumen can't wait to pounce on that tasty morsel no matter how artificial it actually is. All it demonstrates is your opportunistic penchant for acting all outraged or offended for no reason other than to be an attention whore.

What the sentences mean is that there's no "rule" that says (for example) a fat person can't make fun of a fat person. Same goes for an ugly person pointing out how ugly another person is. And the fact that asshats like yourself get all bent out of shape about it actually becomes the funny part of it all.

Short form:

Shut up, you talentless, mindless hack.

You know you are truly a fucking retard right? Did I anywhere in my post go along with your asinine statement about race? No. I said if that's how you took my statement you have poor comprehension.

When and where did I get all bent out of shape about this? I am giving Matt a hard time for something he said. Do I think less of him because of it? No. In the grand scheme of things does it matter that much? No.

I'm pretty sure you can ask anyone on the board who has been here for a while, or if you prefer go stalk down some of my previous posts, I will go after anyone for anything. I dont care if its the popular belief or not, there are no sacred cows in my world.

And just so you know, the term hack doesnt really apply. If I was being a hack I would be pandering to someone or something in the hope of making money in return. For example, I rip off old jokes and tell them to simple, stupid people like yourself in return for my monetary gain. Or I pander to someone or something on the radio or tv for the sake of making money.

If you are interested in continuing to make yourself look like a dope please do, but dont misinterpret my statements.

Oh and one more thing....go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:20 pm 

I go by the Dahl rule...you can make fun of anyone who is fatter than you