It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chefs.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:20 am 

pizza_Place: Armand's, 7400 w Grand in Elmwood Park.
I have no clue how to use the quote function.

But "24 guy" wrote this:

I would run my show as a chef, not like I'm running a cafeteria.

Love it.

I'm gonna be me...I kind of dig me. I must, to do this gig, or any in the entertainment universe, well. I check in over here every once in a while, and love that people give a shit. There's been some useful thoughts too...I just read just about everything in this section. That said, I know the guys who ought to impact the show most significantly, and I see them face to face every day.

If Top Chef has taught me anything, it's that 1) Padma Lakshmi needs my hands all over her, and 2) chefs need to listen to their customers while still standing by their work.

For anyone who bailed on us in the first few weeks, and there were some rough patches, check in again. We're better. We listen to each other and just have conversation more often. I'm more calm. We tussle more. Mac takes it well when I go after him. He should go after me more.

The week of Mac gone was good for me, as I hope these couple days have been good for him. Can't wait to get back at it Monday.

See you at the tailgate...I'll be the guy comfortable enough in his sexuality to be rocking the wine and the asparagus. I hope some of the haters on here come by to hate directly. Without weapons.

Post subject: Re: Chefs.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hear that DARKSIDE?

"WITHOUT WEAPONS!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:57 am 

Mr. Pants,

I remember listening to you when you did the occasional gig on The Score years ago. I caught you on Sundays when you were on Sporting News Radio. I enjoy your passion and your slants on sports, music, movies etc. I don't always agree with you, but I've always been a fan of Mac and I think you guys make a great team. I know Mac is all over football and hockey, while you seem a baseball fanatic and a bigger hoops fan than MacNuggets. Keep bringing it !!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
meatpants wrote:

ptfQb :P

You're not alone on the wine and asparagus either. Mmmmmm.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 am 

meatpants, you should be listening to OPV today and taking notes. On his first day he is way better than you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hey Meat,
The show sounded GREAT yesterday & today.
For once is wasnt unlistenable.
Nice job!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
meatpants, you should be listening to OPV today and taking notes. On his first day he is way better than you.

Wow! RFDC and I agree on something. :alien: :alien: :alien:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
Hey Meat,
The show sounded GREAT yesterday & today.
For once is wasnt unlistenable.
Nice job!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Wow! RFDC and I agree on something. :alien: :alien: :alien:

:lol: Miracles never cease!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Armand's, 7400 w Grand in Elmwood Park.
I love how Scorehead and Tall Midget and RFDC and more can so knowledgeably compare the days without me to the days with me.

Thanks for listening!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

meatpants wrote:
I love how Scorehead and Tall Midget and RFDC and more can so knowledgeably compare the days without me to the days with me.

Thanks for listening!

Are you under the impression that Silvy and Waddle broadcast commercial-free?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
some of you need a little more sunshine in your lives.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
meatpants wrote:

How about hitting the button at the lower right of the post that says "quote", fucktard?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 pm 

meatpants wrote:

Thanks for listening!

I can compare the shows with and without you because I listen on a regular basis. I listen because I have always been a big fan of Mac, and I will continue to listen because of Mac. I have tried to give you a chance, but from the very first day you have turned my stomach. You bring the show down and I am not the only one who holds this opinion. The show today with OPV was very easy listening, Mac and Vandy seemed to mesh very well together in just a short amount of time. I will continue to give you a chance on this show out of my respect for Mac, and if at sometime in the future I change my opinion I will gladly change my stance. I want to really like this show, but so far I only like 50% of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
meatpants wrote:

Thanks for listening!

I can compare the shows with and without you because I listen on a regular basis. I listen because I have always been a big fan of Mac, and I will continue to listen because of Mac. I have tried to give you a chance, but from the very first day you have turned my stomach. You bring the show down and I am not the only one who holds this opinion. The show today with OPV was very easy listening, Mac and Vandy seemed to mesh very well together in just a short amount of time. I will continue to give you a chance on this show out of my respect for Mac, and if at sometime in the future I change my opinion I will gladly change my stance. I want to really like this show, but so far I only like 50% of it.
\

Wow, well said, RFDC.

I actually like Spiegel (for the most part) when he's not teamed with Mac, just as I like Mac when he's not paired with Spiegel. For some reason, the combination of the two is toxic, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
meatpants wrote:

How about hitting the button at the lower right of the post that says "quote", fucktard?

I have to give credit where credit is due. This post made me bust out laughing at my cube. Nicely played.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
meatpants wrote:

Thanks for listening!

Bump...Come on back Meatpants.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spmack wrote:
meatpants wrote:

Thanks for listening!

Bump...Come on back Meatpants.

YourMom.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
meatpants wrote:

But "24 guy" wrote this:

Love it.

I'm gonna be me...I kind of dig me. I must, to do this gig, or any in the entertainment universe, well. I check in over here every once in a while, and love that people give a shit. There's been some useful thoughts too...I just read just about everything in this section. That said, I know the guys who ought to impact the show most significantly, and I see them face to face every day.

If Top Chef has taught me anything, it's that 1) Padma Lakshmi needs my hands all over her, and 2) chefs need to listen to their customers while still standing by their work.

For anyone who bailed on us in the first few weeks, and there were some rough patches, check in again. We're better. We listen to each other and just have conversation more often. I'm more calm. We tussle more. Mac takes it well when I go after him. He should go after me more.

The week of Mac gone was good for me, as I hope these couple days have been good for him. Can't wait to get back at it Monday.

See you at the tailgate...I'll be the guy comfortable enough in his sexuality to be rocking the wine and the asparagus. I hope some of the haters on here come by to hate directly. Without weapons.

I thought this thread might be about me but I guess not. But you know what I don't get about your show? Usually Meat is the main course and Mac is a side dish. You guys seem to have it backwards! :lol: I agree with you on one thing though- that Padma is a spicy Indian number. I'd gobhi aloo her garam masala in a quick minute!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm 

meatpants wrote:

But "24 guy" wrote this:

Love it.

Wow, missed this the first time. Trying to remember the context of my quote... I think I meant it as a compliment. Also trying to figure out if Spiegs is agreeing with me or calling me out! Interesting. I'm a fan of the show, so, hey, it's all good. :drunken:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 pm 

guy - need a recipe for sesame chicken chili rolls.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Guy Fieri wrote:
meatpants wrote:

But "24 guy" wrote this:

Love it.

I thought this thread might be about me but I guess not. But you know what I don't get about your show? Usually Meat is the main course and Mac is a side dish. You guys seem to have it backwards! :lol: I agree with you on one thing though- that Padma is a spicy Indian number. I'd gobhi aloo her garam masala in a quick minute!

Holy Stromboli!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: ***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
meatpants wrote:

But "24 guy" wrote this:

Love it.

I'm gonna be me...I kind of dig me.

If you dig yourself so much, why not come out of the closet about your favorite sports teams.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
What the hell is wrong with asparagus?!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Double post. What a noob...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Guy Fieri wrote:
meatpants wrote:

But "24 guy" wrote this:

Love it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: