It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
How many callers did they have today? It seems like these 2 just love to here themselves yap!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm 

pick up the phone and call, walt. maybe it's too early to rush to judgment, but it's my impression the score draws more bad callers than we did at the espn. a few of the dozen or so we took today were lousy. i'd much rather do e-mails and texts if it means weeding out the inane.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
taking phone calls is a derivative waste of time. For every good call, you get ten people being first time/long time or how they will hang up to listen to the response but have nothing in between that merits a response. That's why email/text is better, you get to the point without the b.s.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Mac wrote:
pick up the phone and call, walt. maybe it's too early to rush to judgment, but it's my impression the score draws more bad callers than we did at the espn. a few of the dozen or so we took today were lousy. i'd much rather do e-mails and texts if it means weeding out the inane.

What a dipshit...

"but it's my impression the score draws more bad hosts than we did at the espn."

Fixed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 pm 

Mac wrote:

It doesn't help that the previous show prior to you getting on the air ("Love our callers.....") made a 16 year career out of taking bad calls and either talking over anyone he didn't agree with ("Must of been a Sox fan....") or talking over anyone who agreed with him ("You got that right, call again, buddy!!!!")

It also doesn't help that Dan and Terry cater to the stupid phone call. I think the moronic are far more entertaining when they are the exception instead of the rule.

I have no problems with having less calls. Now, if Spiegs can stay in the sidecar more; your show is going to get better. Today was just the right about of Meatpants when I was listening; versus previous shows where I think he talks over you way too much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 pm 

It has been an issue since day 1. I actually noticed most days they dont take calls for at least an hour or more.

AND MAYBE MEATPANTS CAN COME UP WITH NEW MATERIAL THAN WHAT HE SAYS ON SUNDAYS HIT AND PUKE SHOW!
Felt like I was hearing sound bites, because I heard the same phrases, stories, lines and junk that I heard Sunday

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:44 pm 

FYI wrote:
It has been an issue since day 1. I actually noticed most days they dont take calls for at least an hour or more.

AND MAYBE MEATPANTS CAN COME UP WITH NEW MATERIAL THAN WHAT HE SAYS ON SUNDAYS HIT AND PUKE SHOW!
Felt like I was hearing sound bites, because I heard the same phrases, stories, lines and junk that I heard Sunday

:cheers: :salut: :cheers: :thumleft: :thumright:

You got it on the nose. Stop being a re-hash show of weekend material. Give Meatpants 2 poker chips. He gets to turn them into talk about Hit and Ralf. After the two are gone; he can't talk about that show, AT ALL, until he needs to plug it Friday during the 12 o'clock hour....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 am 

The SCORE was built, in part, on the personality of its callers. I guess there must have been a significant societal shift since the early 90's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am 

Psycory wrote:
taking phone calls is a derivative waste of time. For every good call, you get ten people being first time/long time or how they will hang up to listen to the response but have nothing in between that merits a response. That's why email/text is better, you get to the point without the b.s.

+1

10% of callers are good the rest i can do without........Most just want to be heard on a radio..............And NO i have NEVER called in to any show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 am 

Im surprised Murph hasnt called in yet..........I'd bet he would be caller of the Shooooooooooow!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
callers suck for the most part. there should be a 10 second time limit to make your point and hang up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Hatchetman wrote:
callers suck for the most part. there should be a 10 second time limit to make your point and hang up.

I guess e-mailers, and texters are more intelligent than people that call the station. WHAT HORSESHIT!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
The SCORE was built, in part, on the personality of its callers. I guess there must have been a significant societal shift since the early 90's.
"The early 90's was a different era than the late 90's."