It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
For never backing down to Bernstein. These transitions the past fews days have been excellent. Today they are going at it about if it would be good radio if Mac and Meat get Ron Turner on their show in order for Mac to tell Turner that his offense playbook sucks. Bernstein thinks it serves no purpose. Don't back to that know it all Meatpants, keep it up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:16 pm 

One day when the Web Cam would be nice, and it is down...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 pm 

Bernstein: I'm going to argue your (Meatpants) side.

Meatpants: Let me argue my own side!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
This is all friggin' mental masturbation. Don't talk about having Ron Turner on and telling him his playbook sucks. Do it. I can't believe that you guys (spmack) are getting all frothed up about someone talking about what they might do. Mac & Cheese, and in this case, Cheese, are a couple of broads and you are tittering at the mere mention of a confrontation. Do it ya twatwaffles, and then maybe someone will give a damn...until then with you two idiots douching each other, the Mac & Cheese show will continue to get clobbered by Silvy & Waddle 2 to 1 as they did in July.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm 

I really don't care if they get Ron Turner on or not, I just like the fact that Meatpants will take on Bernstein.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:19 pm 

Meatpants is a desperate man. He'll take on anyone to keep his job. Bernstein craps out chunks of guys like Meatpants in his stools. Mac & Cheese are desperate and trying to make noise wherever they can. Yaaawwwnnn!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The crosstalk today was so good, I don't think Mac & Terry could get a word in edgewise and I think the guys decided to have a smoke outside what Mac now calls the Marion Brooks Center, a.k.a. NBC Tower, where the SCORE studios are located. Besides, I think Boers made the trip downtown this afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm 

SHARK wrote:
The crosstalk today was so good, I don't think Mac & Terry could get a word in edgewise and I think the guys decided to have a smoke outside what Mac now calls the Marion Brooks Center, a.k.a. NBC Tower, where the SCORE studios are located. Besides, I think Boers made the trip downtown this afternoon.

I hear ya SHARK, good crosstalk is good crosstalk, but Meatpants isn't even in Bernstein's league.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
spmack wrote:

The problem is that Spiegel truly did need Bernstein to argue his side for him. Spiegel didn't know what he was talking about half the time and the whole thing came off as contrived.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:42 pm 

suckers playground wrote:
spmack wrote:

The problem is that Spiegel truly did need Bernstein to argue his side for him. Spiegel didn't know what he was talking about half the time and the whole thing came off as contrived.

I agree with spmack in that I am glad to see him challenging Bernsie and Mac on things because it makes for entertaining radio. However, I agree with suckers here too. Meatpants comes off most of the time in these discussions like a clueless fan who really does not know what he is talking about.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
The thing to keep in mind is that Bernstein is a master at debating - insert joke here.

Seriously though - Bernstein is so well poised and has his next comment ready to fire while Meat is still working on a defense to his stance. It's clear to me that Bernsy spent a great amount of time on the high school or college debate team - he has learned very well to negate arguments to his point and to diffuse counter points to his.

I like Meat and appreciate him stepping up to the plate against Bernsy - but right or wrong, he is going to come off looking more wrong than right when trading verbal salvos with Bernsy. Bernsy is the king of winning debate and if he doesn't win, he will just verbally undress you.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Mac doesn't really punch holes in Spiegs' theories. Dan just says, "You're wrong" or he calls Matt a name.
Bernsie is willing to discuss the point and slice it to pieces.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:20 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
Mac doesn't really punch holes in Spiegs' theories. Dan just says, "You're wrong" or he calls Matt a name.
Bernsie is willing to discuss the point and slice it to pieces.

Love or hate Bernsy, you have to give him credit. It's essentially Matt taking a water pistol up to Bernsy's howitzer.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:22 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
The thing to keep in mind is that Bernstein is a master at debating - insert joke here.

Seriously though - Bernstein is so well poised and has his next comment ready to fire while Meat is still working on a defense to his stance. It's clear to me that Bernsy spent a great amount of time on the high school or college debate team - he has learned very well to negate arguments to his point and to diffuse counter points to his.

I like Meat and appreciate him stepping up to the plate against Bernsy - but right or wrong, he is going to come off looking more wrong than right when trading verbal salvos with Bernsy. Bernsy is the king of winning debate and if he doesn't win, he will just verbally undress you.

Bernsie gets himself in trouble when he strays on a topic and paints with a big ole brush. Rosenbloom and Goff made Dan look pretty foolish after some comments a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:25 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

Bernsie gets himself in trouble when he strays on a topic and paints with a big ole brush. Rosenbloom and Goff made Dan look pretty foolish after some comments a few weeks ago.

Was Dan on with them to defend himself or were they talking about it with Dan not there?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm 

I believe it was a Friday remote. Dan was with Steve, and Jason tagged along for the ride.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:04 pm 
I agree with DD's about Dan's talents debating and he can make people look foolish very smoothly. But you've got to admit Meatpants has been finding his voice more and more recently.

If he keeps progressing like this, in my eyes/ears, sooner rather than later I think he'll be challenging Bernstein on some of these issues and coming out on top.

edit: Just listened to the last 2 minutes when he conceded to Bernsy. /facepalm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Bernstein is smarter than Mac and meat combined.

And I'm sure Ron Turner will cry himself to sleep knowing that Mac doesn't like his playbook. Guess it doesn't include the Highland Trojan single wing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:42 pm 

Wildcard_630 wrote:
I agree with DD's about Dan's talents debating and he can make people look foolish very smoothly. But you've got to admit Meatpants has been finding his voice more and more recently.

If he keeps progressing like this, in my eyes/ears, sooner rather than later I think he'll be challenging Bernstein on some of these issues and coming out on top.

Problem isn't that Meatpants found his voice. The problem is he doesn't have a clue as to say anything worth hearing. Transition has been good at times; but when its just shouting?

Who gives a crap. Spiegs needs to go back to Sporting News. He's way over his head; and if Mac is to compete with Silvy/Waddle, it better be quick for either Spiegs to get a brain or for Mac to get a new partner.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nancy's
Frontman wrote:
Wildcard_630 wrote:

Problem isn't that Meatpants found his voice. The problem is he doesn't have a clue as to say anything worth hearing. Transition has been good at times; but when its just shouting?

Who gives a crap. Spiegs needs to go back to Sporting News. He's way over his head; and if Mac is to compete with Silvy/Waddle, it better be quick for either Spiegs to get a brain or for Mac to get a new partner.

You summed it up well Frontline. I like the fact that Meat went after Bernsy, & I agree with him regarding Bernsy wanting to be right above everything else. But Meat doesnt have the communication skills to make his point & case clearly.
Meats comments about wanting to get Ron Turner on the air to go after him about his offense is silly. He wouldnt have the balls to do it anyway. None of the WSCR hosts would.
Why ask Bernsy what he thinks about the idea? Bernsy thinks Turner is a good Offensive Coordinator, at least thats what he says. Not sure if he actually believes it or says it because it is the contrarian opinion.
I think Meat is trying to make a name for himself. He reads this board and is aware of the comments made here about him. He's trying to be less vanilla and more edgy. It isnt working.
Mitch Rosen knows what he is doing & he's gotta know that letting Mac choose Meat as his partner was a mistake that must be fixed at some point.
I believe that by the end of the year, Meatpants will "choose to devote his attention to Hit & Run", and a new co-host will be announced for the Mac show.
Jason Goff would be great with Mac. Drinky too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Bernstein craps out chunks of guys like Meatpants in his stools.

New signature. Thanks Magnus.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frontman wrote:

670 wrote:
You summed it up well Frontline.

Are you writing to the television show?!? What the fuck ......

Homer Jay Simpson wrote:
Dear Die Hard, you rock. Especially the part where that dude is on the rooftop. P.S. Do you know Mad Max?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bernsie, to his credit, knows your side of the argument better than you do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:24 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Bernsie, to his credit, knows your side of the argument better than you do.

Doug - I agree. I think that is why Meat didn't want him to argue his side of the argument because I think he felt Dan would do a better job of presenting the argument and then turn around and summarily dismiss it with his next comments.

I'm actually afraid to call Dan and Terry due to the fact that Dan would eviscorate (sp?) my comments like a Ginsu through a tomato. I would be like Spider in Good Fellas.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

That is why I email. once can formulate thoughts better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:28 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
That is why I email. once can formulate thoughts better.

You have to protect the "brand" that you have built.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

easy there...I'm not a multimedia type of contributer along the likes of a certain Elmhurstian.

i'm a generic, Rick. like a 12oz yellow can that says COLA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
suckers playground wrote:
spmack wrote:

Bernstein threw him off his argument by meandering away from the subject and confusing Meat, thereby re-focusing him an a direction away from his original argument - that Dan has a contrived deathwish for anything or anyone that a real, traditional type of fan would or does love or appreciate.

As you can see today, given the chance to lick his wounds and re-hash the battle, Meat understands exactly where the debate shifted and can now correct for it. As they continue their battles, eventually Meat will figure out Bernstein and handcuff the fuck out of him. Meat would do his best to be as transparent and unpredictable as possible in his reasoning and argument style so that Dan cannot accomplish the same versus him.

Matt just came up with an excuse for his poor performance in the debate. We really needed another debate on how Dan hates all Chicago sports teams and roots against them. Podsednik is an enigma, and Dan just doesn't want to board the Scotty P Love Train.
Matt is the one that calls Podsednik the Offensive MVP of the White Sox. That point can be argued. Rather than go to the team's record, Bernsie used other more-objective stats to back up his hesitancy. I'd tend to agree more with someone who uses facts to back up his claims rather than simply a feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 pm 

Bump, because Meatpants is at it again.....he's getting clarification on if he was a dumb meatball fan for enjoying Cutler and the preseason game....love it Meatpants keep it up :thumleft:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
spmack wrote:
Bump, because Meatpants is at it again.....he's getting clarification on if he was a dumb meatball fan for enjoying Cutler and the preseason game....love it Meatpants keep it up :thumleft:

:cheers: :cheers: