It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:33 pm 

Heard Mac saying that he wears it as a badge of honor that his show couldn't get a single Bear that they wanted to appear on the program. He wasn't going to settle for second tier names.

A cynic might suggest that top rank Bears players have been advised by their agents not to waste their time on a low-rated program that airs during less than prime time hours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Wanderer wrote:
Heard Mac saying that he wears it as a badge of honor that his show couldn't get a single Bear that they wanted to appear on the program. He wasn't going to settle for second tier names.

A dipshit who has deluded themselves into thinking they're being cute and entertaining might suggest that top rank Bears players have been advised by their agents not to waste their time on a low-rated program that airs during less than prime time hours.

FTFY.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
More likely, Bears practice was scheduled for after the show was on, and the guys wanted to stay in their dorms until they had to come out.

I preferred the older days at Platteville where they'd have two-a-days, and players would saunter over to the radio booths...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:38 pm 

Congratulations on not calling Barack Obama a racial slur in this post!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Wasn't Mac the same guy that alluded something to the effect, in the days right before the show came on air, that he'd rather not have any jock types on his show because he's tired of scripted stuttering responses? WYC-worthy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't understand his stance - although I'm not sure that's EXACTLY what he said.

I think it was to the effect, "we're not going to have guests, for the sake of having guests..."

Didn't Mac call the wife of Bears (Public Relations/Media Services Manager) Jim Christman "a beoatch" a couple of years ago on the air also? I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier to book Bears.

Who knows...

I'd just like to hear more interviews with engaging sports media and/or sports personalities than hear what the guys ate for dinner last night or which rock act Matt will be this weekend.

Norman Chad?
Dan Dierdorf?
Cris Collinsworth?
Howard David?
Irv Cross? ;)
Brent Musburger?
Verne Lundquist?
Howie Long?
Darren Pang?
And the Chet Trifecta: Brenden Suhr, Brian Noble and/or Dale Brown?

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
never forget: Dave McGinness,my friend. Chet must have been living with that guy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:58 pm 

Beebo wrote:
More likely, Bears practice was scheduled for after the show was on, and the guys wanted to stay in their dorms until they had to come out.

Mac said that Cutler passed on them (no pun intended) for M&H. He said someone else (didn't catch the name) just outright refused to join Mac and Spiegs -- no reason given.

IMHO, the whole thing sounded disingenous -- definitely WYC material. Mac sounded like me in my youth when I couldn't score any action at the singles bar so I would end up saying all those girls were ugly anway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Then what is the point of going to training camp?They could have done the show from Pappy's basement or Terrys' or even Mackie land :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wanderer wrote:

A cynic might suggest that top rank Bears players have been advised by their agents not to waste their time on a low-rated program that airs during less than prime time hours.

A badge of honor? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Don Tiny wrote:
FTFY.

"Fuck That Fuckin' Yutz?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Then what is the point of going to training camp?They could have done the show from Pappy's basement or Terrys' or even Mackie land :lol:

Wait. I don't get it. People are criticizing Mac on this section of the board? Is that allowed? I thought not.

All you people who don't like Mac are goddamn cocksucking morons who only come here to name-call and use offensive language and offer nothing constructive--there you are, Degenerate Dave, I've saved you the trouble of responding to these grossly offensive posts. Can you believe these people?

Mac rules. He's the greatest host in the history of sports radio. If he'd rather talk about Spiegel's latest rock tribute act, then that's more interesting than a Bears interview. Goddamn f***ing right it is! Mac, I love you and the ground you walk on and the meat you grill. Slurp, slurp, lick, lick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:33 pm 

The only difference between Platteville and Bearbonnais is geography and alcohol. They’re the same types of players and he (they) are supposed to be the same radio pros. If every other show can get players then he is (they are) supposed to get players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 am 
1000 CLUB

No Clever Moniker wrote:
The only difference between Platteville and Bearbonnais is geography and alcohol.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

There are 10 times as many fans, which probably makes it more of a 'pain in the ass' for the players, as they may be asked to sign 20 autographs after an interview instead of a few.

This is the information age. Back then, I'm sure the media, etc. weren't viewed as 'the enemy' as much as they are now.

Back in Platteville, I'd be shocked if many of the guys had laptops, webcams and I know they didn't twitter. These are all things I think they'd rather do vs. answer questions about what they did this offseason, where they think they'll finish this year, and what they think about Brett Favre.

Lastly, Bourbonnais is run like a prison. They only let you in the practice area an hour before to an hour after practice. This imho is not very fan friendly.

Also, I don't know what doing a show in the middle of the day impacts the number of guests you can get on. I'm sure if you can't get 'em on early, it gets pretty tough between 10 and 1. I don't recall Waddle and Silvy having a boatload of guests on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 am 
1000 CLUB

They should get Tommy Tide on too. I'd be interested to hear what his REAL voice sounds like.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 am 

Beef Rockmore wrote:
No Clever Moniker wrote:
The only difference between Platteville and Bearbonnais is geography and alcohol.

I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

There are 10 times as many fans, which probably makes it more of a 'pain in the ass' for the players, as they may be asked to sign 20 autographs after an interview instead of a few.

This is the information age. Back then, I'm sure the media, etc. weren't viewed as 'the enemy' as much as they are now.

Back in Platteville, I'd be shocked if many of the guys had laptops, webcams and I know they didn't twitter. These are all things I think they'd rather do vs. answer questions about what they did this offseason, where they think they'll finish this year, and what they think about Brett Favre.

Lastly, Bourbonnais is run like a prison. They only let you in the practice area an hour before to an hour after practice. This imho is not very fan friendly.

Also, I don't know what doing a show in the middle of the day impacts the number of guests you can get on. I'm sure if you can't get 'em on early, it gets pretty tough between 10 and 1. I don't recall Waddle and Silvy having a boatload of guests on.

Which is it, too many fans stopping the players to sign autographs or the stalag approach to how the fans have limited access to the players? Training camp is first and foremost for the benefit of the team and the players. Fans, autographs, and media interviews are all peripheral, if other shows can get access to the players then the type of camp excuse fails.

However, I will readily acknowledge that the information age can put hosts on the spot because a text here or a tweet there, and a quick podcast download or internet search can significantly diminish the chances of a media person getting access or contact from a player or coach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

Wait. I don't get it. People are criticizing Mac on this section of the board? Is that allowed? I thought not.

All you people who don't like Mac are goddamn cocksucking morons who only come here to name-call and use offensive language and offer nothing constructive--there you are, Degenerate Dave, I've saved you the trouble of responding to these grossly offensive posts. Can you believe these people?

Mac rules. He's the greatest host in the history of sports radio. If he'd rather talk about Spiegel's latest rock tribute act, then that's more interesting than a Bears interview. Goddamn f***ing right it is! Mac, I love you and the ground you walk on and the meat you grill. Slurp, slurp, lick, lick!

Pappy's Crappy - check your facts. I haven't been in a "defend Mac" thread in probably a week or so and as I have stated - but I'll state again for the slow - Mac doesn't need me to defend him. I've stopped - in case you haven't noticed - I can type slower if you would like...

And as far as a shit stirrer goes - sorry dude, you don't even measure up to the shoelaces on Elmhurst Steve...

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:19 am 

DegenerateDave wrote:
I haven't been in a "defend Mac" thread in probably a week or so

Just remember an addict is only one post away...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
rogers park bryan wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

RPB - nah. I'm done. Mac has his followers and his detractors and I for one will not be feeding the idiots (on both sides) anymore.

There are so many other things to post about and enjoy - like the greatness of KKK Steve, I mean Elmhurst Steve.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:

RPB - nah. I'm done. Mac has his followers and his detractors and I for one will not be feeding the idiots (on both sides) anymore.

There are so many other things to post about and enjoy - like the greatness of KKK Steve, I mean Elmhurst Steve.

Wow.......Elmhurst Steve struck out 3 guys........Who's he pitching for??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 pm 

Now .......Back to the topic.I personally do NOT like any athlete or coach interviews unless its something that is "breaking news" otherwise I PTFB anytime an athlete starts with a Uhm,You know,Uhm,you know crap.........

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, why use interviews to interrupt the riveting conversation about grilling, tribute bands and second guessing people who really work in sports.
Little wonder this show is the ratings king! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
He acts like he's never been issued a press pass, and he sure won't kiss any.... wait, I think that might be a requirement of the afternoon show on WSCR?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 pm 

He took Elmhurst the Racist Steve's call in short order though and he called this Klan man a "hall of fame" caller. Yep. Mac has reason to be proud that he has racists instead of athletes on his show. Class guy!!