It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:39 pm 

Guys, it is just too much of recounting the night before. First off, it is usually not that exciting. Listenign to MAtt tell me what everyone typed to him on Facebaook last night, really has a certain 6th grade aura about it.
I listened to Harry this afternoon with one of his caller friendly games and I am not sure what the game was, but it got some caller involvement and I did listen to see if the thing went well.

I think it is time the Mac and Matt show tried something new. This is not meant to be a mean comment here. I actually mostly like the show, but it can use some flava!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Nancy's
Mac needs some regular bits. Crack slippers was brutal. After 2 Months they should at least have a couple of bits that take place at a set day & time. They need something that has the chance of becoming their signature bit, like WYC, Jagbag, Tool of The Week, ETC...
Maybe they could turn this into a contest for the show?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
games and bits are good to build a show like what S&W did with wife or radio partner, or would you rather, but after a few years it gets kind of old and feels gimmicky...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 am 

crosscheck wrote:
games and bits are good to build a show like what S&W did with wife or radio partner, or would you rather, but after a few years it gets kind of old and feels gimmicky...

+1

Mac been around for nearly twenty years on Chicago sports radio. If he needs gimmicks to get a show on track on attract an audience, I think he is in trouble.

He also faces a conumdrum. Mac has, IMHO, routinely and continiously dissed Murph and Murph's audience. Murph's shows were nothing but gimmicks. But they worked, IMHO, because of the passioin of the callers. Mac thinks he has a more 'high brow' listnership that won't like these gimmicks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Yeah, that Who Yeah Crapping, Critics at Extra Large didn't work at all.

"We're Happy for yeah!"

I do agree something needs to be developed, and it isn't that easy, tons of radio schtick doesn't work and it's hard to determine if something works because in a way, these guys are like stand up comedians without audience feedback.

Now if they only had some way of getting some real feedback on what works and what doesn't? :lol:

And while I know 75%+ of the posts here are negative, never forget that we even gave the Bookie Priest his props when he first appeared.

Of course only North could jump the Shark in 48 hours with a radio bit, shoving the bit down the entire stations throat with a bookie priest commercial literally in every station break on every show for a week. The guy was so happy he finally got something right, he couldn't stop telling us about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Critics got tired as well. this from the guy that emailed nearly every week.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

They'll pull it together - the show is young. At least they're not yelling over one another anymore, not allowing the broadcast to breathe whatsoever. Warm the studio a bit and decaf after 10AM please.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The games & gimmicks are good for sparking up some interest. I do agree, however, that they can get a bit stale after a while. I just started listening to B&B after Mac left 1000 so I don't have a lot of info to go on in regard to WYC. But it seems to have lasted a pretty long time. Loved 'Critics', loved 'Would you Rather'. If you find a good bit, you can keep it going for a good amount of time before tweeking or scrapping it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Critics got tired as well. This from the guy that emailed nearly every week.

Cause & Effect ? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Nancy's
bigfan wrote:
Yeah, that Who Yeah Crapping, Critics at Extra Large didn't work at all.

"We're Happy for yeah!"

I do agree something needs to be developed, and it isn't that easy, tons of radio schtick doesn't work and it's hard to determine if something works because in a way, these guys are like stand up comedians without audience feedback.

Now if they only had some way of getting some real feedback on what works and what doesn't? :lol:

And while I know 75%+ of the posts here are negative, never forget that we even gave the Bookie Priest his props when he first appeared.

Of course only North could jump the Shark in 48 hours with a radio bit, shoving the bit down the entire stations throat with a bookie priest commercial literally in every station break on every show for a week. The guy was so happy he finally got something right, he couldn't stop telling us about it.

As much as I think North is a buffoon & a blow hard, he was a good promoter. When he knew that he had something that was good & popular, he promoted the hell out of it.
The Score doesn't have one single weekly bit that they can promote now.
Hopefully Big Doug will return to the morning show.
I wonder when Doug returns? Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Critics got tired as well. This from the guy that emailed nearly every week.

Cause & Effect ? :lol:

:)
certainly possible...If my emails sucked, Mac wouldn't read them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Critics at X-Large is mostly good during football season, more people are watching then, when it's the summer, more people are traveling or doing other things than watching t.v., so you don't get a good segment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 pm 

Critics @ X-Large = Minutiae Patrol (focusing on those personalities that aren’t favorites because favorites get exempted/excused).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Critics @ X-Large = Minutiae Patrol (focusing on those personalities that aren’t favorites because favorites get exempted/excused).

i disagree...i pounded plenty of "favorites" when the segment was solid. 3 years ago...