It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm 

Listened for my usual 15 mintues today and Mac had a teaser -- he needed to take something down from his basement. It was a good tease so I held on through the commercials. Mac gave a brief description of MackieLand (five TV sets, sports momentos) and the said that he would need to take down his Memphis momentos from 2008 as they NCAA had stripped them of all their wins that year.

The whole bit sounded staged and rehearsed. I had read the AP story on ESPN earlier in the day and it was obvious that Mac/Spiegs were simply rehashing the details from that story.

1) Does Mac really expect us to believe that he had something in his basement on the team that lost the NCAA championship?

2) The original AP story never mentioned Rose as the reason for the forfeits and Mac/Spiegs never mentioned that either.

3) The original AP story said that the both Memphis and Calipari had wins stripped in years past -- Spiegs said the he 'recalled' that Memphis and Calipari had wins stripped before

Who are these guys crapping? They try to build a tease around an AP story -- a la Greenie-- but lack the panache to pull it off.

Do they also not realize that this isn't 1994 anymore? We can all see what is on the sports wires.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I think Who You Cappin' is an entirely different bit than what you're referring to. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:08 pm 

Both were, IMHO, being completely disingenous. But, hey, what do I know, I'm no HOF caller/poster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mac was, from what I heard, mocking the entire "taking the wins/titles away" concept by the NCAA. It didn't sound rehearsed in any way. They both commented on the ridiculousness of the whole procedure.

Kind of a misinformed post.

Last edited by Peoria Matt on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Mac was, from what I heard, mocking the entire "taking the wins/titles away" concept by the NCAA. It didn't sound rehearsed in any way. They both commented on the ridiculousness of the whole procedure.

Kind of a misinformed post.

BINGO!

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.