It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: ElmhurstSteve
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 am 

I didn't know bottom feeders eat steak.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
There is no way that story is true.

And if it was, I can't believe someone would be proud they won a steak dinner from a friend for being racist on the internet. I'm sure they'll all have quite a laugh over the racial slurs thrown out by Steve.

I got a PM from Steve about half an hour ago or so that basically said the same thing - I didn't take it public - I forwarded it to a couple of the people on the board who's opinion I trusted and they told me to leave it private. But since he came out with it publicly know, I feel it's ok to talk about it.

My response to him was pretty damn similar to what Seacrest said - see Seacrest, we can agree on some things.

I also said if this was the case, why didn't you PM someone BEFORE this gag/joke? Most likely they would have told him what an absolutely horrible idea it was.

I personally think it is Steve's way to save a little face - if there is any left.

I told him I didn't believe him - I can't believe someone would offend an entire race of people over a steak dinner - over anything actually - but for a steak dinner. I guess we know what the price of his integrity is now.

Moreso, I just find the thing very sad and I know by continuing to post it just furthers the whole thing but my god - I don't think there has ever been a more unifying thing to happen to the board, at least since I have been a member.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 am 

Hmmmm, racists that think they're bigger than they are that love to eat at Gibson's.........

Is Fritzy buying the steak?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 am 

Great move Steve. Not only have you posted stupid statements, but turned into a racist douchebag all the while in the same thread your Myspace is posted so people know who you are in real life. No one here believes this was a joke or a bet, and trying to pretend it was is insulting. Go back to reliving your high school athelete days and stay the fuck away.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Steve...

I would be stunned and disappointed if you were ever put on the air as a caller on the Mac Show again.

They all read this board constantly and there are some folks like yourself that they, and your godchild, should keep their distance from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:37 am 

Billy Ray Valentine: [gasping] It was an experiment... to see how our lives would turn out... the Dukes arranged it... they made a bet.
Coleman: I'm afraid it's true, sir.
Ophelia: I believe him, Louie.
Louis Winthorpe III: The Dukes... ruined my life... over a bet? For how much?
Billy Ray Valentine: A dollar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
WestmontMike wrote:
Billy Ray Valentine: [gasping] It was an experiment... to see how our lives would turn out... the Dukes arranged it... they made a bet.

You can't just go around shooting people in the kneecaps with a shotgun...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:40 am 

WestmontMike wrote:

Well done sir..

Well done indeed.

Let's not trivialize the greatness of what a ploy this was by Steve though - steaks at Gibsons are much much more than a dollar.

Wonder how long before someone takes the posts he made here and sends them to all of his myspace friends???

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Wow miss a little miss alot....I can't check the board for a few days and this thread went from a classic...to sad....to delusional. This whole fiasco is a trainwreck.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Wow miss a little miss alot....I can't check the board for a few days and this thread went from a classic...to sad....to delusional. This whole fiasco is a trainwreck.

Phil - indeed.

I'm embarassed that he claims a certain North Side team as his favorite.

He has made me like Frank Constanza and side with him.

I think I see now why he doesn't like the Sox or their fans - 35th and Shields? hmmm

Wrigleyville - much whiter....

BTW Frank j/k - I have always liked ya - not in a man can love another man way...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 pm 

I wonder when Chris in St. Charles will show up to tell us all how we were wrong to judge Elmhurst Steve before all the "facts" came out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I wonder when Chris in St. Charles will show up to tell us all how we were wrong to judge Elmhurst Steve before all the "facts" came out.

Rick - well technically if he did that, he would be right - I mean look at all the racist shit that has come out since then.

I think the facts are out now..

Chris, your thoughts?

Bring the velvet hammer big guy..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm 

This thread has jumped the shark, beat a dead horse,the fat lady has sung, sudden death over time, gone by the way of the Edsol,more hype than the Superbowl , TOO many cooks in the kitchen, drive home safley,blew it's load, way over hyped, too many know it alls, to few know it alls. raciests, the biggest waste of time in CSFMB history.

Back to the weather center.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Bing. Bong. Boom.

I know it's probably somewhat obvious, but it's not that I am 'right.' I have just found it's better to wait when deciding on things like this because they aren't always what they seem. Rick chooses the opposite. In this case, my point of view would have been the better one to take. Coincidently, either choice allows one to come to the same conclusion: Steve in Elmhurst is a douchebag.

I did ask the question if it was possible that someone hacked his account, but was quickly told to shut it from you (Rick) and Don Tiny. It just seemed so out of character and quite outlandish, so that's why I asked. In full disclosure, while I was never 100% certain Steve in Elmhurst was for real, I was definitely leaning that way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 pm 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Bing. Bong. Boom.

I know it's probably somewhat obvious, but it's not that I am 'right.' I have just found it's better to wait when deciding on things like this because they aren't always what they seem. Rick chooses the opposite. In this case, my point of view would have been the better one to take. Coincidently, either choice allows one to come to the same conclusion: Steve in Elmhurst is a douchebag.

I did ask the question if it was possible that someone hacked his account, but was quickly told to shut it from you (Rick) and Don Tiny. It just seemed so out of character and quite outlandish, so that's why I asked. In full disclosure, while I was never 100% certain Steve in Elmhurst was for real, I was definitely leaning that way.

Damnit Chris I set you all up to bring the hammer down!

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:25 pm 

No, you come up with incredibly unlikely scenarios and then when they are found to be incorrect you hide behind the fact that "you wait when deciding on things".

There is no way that anyone would think that the poster here named Elmhurst Steve would make over 2,000 posts on here impersonating him. I just don't get why you throw out crazy theories like that and it doesn't make your point of view "better". It makes you wrong. You thought it might not be him but it clearly is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

No, you come up with incredibly unlikely scenarios and then when they are found to be incorrect you hide behind the fact that "you wait when deciding on things".

There is no way that anyone would think that the poster here named Elmhurst Steve would make over 2,000 posts on here impersonating him. I just don't get why you throw out crazy theories like that and it doesn't make your point of view "better". It makes you wrong. You thought it might not be him but it clearly is.

I can't believe you still don't understand my point of view.

And you're missing the point. I was asking whether the last few posts of his came from somebody other than the poster we knew as Steve. I was never questioning whether or not Steve was the same guy who called in to shows. I was asking whether someone had hijacked his account in the last few days and made these absurd posts. With this whole 'it's a joke' scenario from Steve, it might as well have been someone hijacking his posts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

And I wouldn't call them "theories." In my mind, if I had a theory of something happening, it would mean I actually believe it's what happened. Somewhat based on fact.

The scenarios I raised were not really theories. There were merely scenarios that COULD have happened. I never said they did, or that I even THOUGHT they for sure happened. I just said they were possible... and they were.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Steak dinner, eh? I would have guessed pork or chicken...you know....white meat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
they were hypothesis....not theories. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:48 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

There it is:

1 a : an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument

Thanks, Doug.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 pm 

I just said they were possible... and they were.

So you just throw stuff that even you don't think is likely?

In the future I will ignore them as there really is no reason to refute something that you don't even really believe. If anything, I'll just wait until I know for certain that it was you posting and you didn't get your computer stolen and the person who took it is actually making the post. After all, something like that is possible.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

I thought they were detention ponds?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Are you balck, Chris? :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Careful, the REAL steak dinner bet is that this thread will get to 20 pages. And with Rick and Chris going at it again it may reach 25!

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Meatball Fan wrote:
Here is what I think happened:

It's obvious that Steve did not make these posts himself. A black man obviously broke into his house, fired up his computer, guessed the password to his CSFMB account, posted a bunch of racist garbage to make him look like a fool, .

FAIL. Everyone knows blacks lack the capacities to work computers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 pm 

jackref wrote:
And with Rick and Chris going at it again it may reach 25!

How do you know it's the real Chris in St. Charles?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I just said they were possible... and they were.

So you just throw stuff that even you don't think is likely?

In the future I will ignore them as there really is no reason to refute something that you don't even really believe. If anything, I'll just wait until I know for certain that it was you posting and you didn't get your computer stolen and the person who took it is actually making the post. After all, something like that is possible.

What's hilarious, is that your panties are in a bundle because my point of view (wait and see) turned out to be right. I had a feeling something was weird about the crazy heel turn Steve in Elmhurst took.

That suspicion was VERY VERY VERY reasonable, and not only because I have the evidence now to know it was correct. It was definitely out of character, and didn't quite make sense to me... which is clearly a common opinion among other posters.

So my suspicion led me to ask a simple question... and while the HYPOTHESIS I chose wasn't accurate, my suspicion was.

And like I said before... I was mostly fooled by Steve. I pretty much thought he was the D-Bag asshole he appeared to be, but that doesn't mean I can't ask questions.

Just to be clear: I don't care what you do. You can jump to conclusions, take things at face value, or even take my approach to wait and see. I don't give a fuck. I'm just explaining my point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:17 pm 

I would respond but I want to wait first to see if your mind is under the control of a wizard, shaman, or other practitioner of the dark arts. A spell may have been cast upon you that is causing you to post thoughts that you don't actually believe. This suspicion seems VERY VERY VERY reasonable given what you've posted before.

I will respond to your post as soon as "more facts" come out and I know that your mind is not getting controlled.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:20 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I would respond but I want to wait first to see if your mind is under the control of a wizard, shaman, or other practitioner of the dark arts. A spell may have been cast upon you that is causing you to post thoughts that you don't actually believe. This suspicion seems VERY VERY VERY reasonable given what you've posted before.

I will respond to your post as soon as "more facts" come out and I know that your mind is not getting controlled.

Rick - Was my suspicion about Steve warranted?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next