It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: T Jones
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Where does Jones think he is going to go where almost the same scenario will not present itself?

7th year in the leaguie for a RB that has been on 3 teams?

Indy actually looks like a really good fit for him, but thats about it.

Will LH now stop with how much the guy is BELOVED now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:04 am 

Unfortunately, for TJ, the Colts picked up Joseph Addai from LSU that strikes me as a similar back to Jones with better hands. That was his best shot at freedome. I think the Bears will keep him around simply for the fact that he will not have much value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:55 am 

If you read Don Pierson's entry's from yesterday's camp on the Trib's site, if Benson keeps going the way he did yesterday all the talk might be a moot point. From the sound of it, he just came out like gang busters and impressed everyone, even the most skeptical fans.

But, as I was thinking yesterday, it is just the first day of camp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
What about Denver? A swap of disgruntled players--Lelie for Jones--might be in the offing. I've heard the Bears have inquired about Lelie and offered a draft pick, but Shanahan wants a player in return....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:33 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
What about Denver? A swap of disgruntled players--Lelie for Jones--might be in the offing. I've heard the Bears have inquired about Lelie and offered a draft pick, but Shanahan wants a player in return....
Keep it... Lellie is "OVERRATED DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Lellie is "OVERRATED DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM"

By whom? Isn't he universally regarded as an underachiever?

Still, the Bears are desperately in need of better receivers, so maybe this will happen. I will be surprised if Jones starts the season with the Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Midge, I offered this up for consideration a couple of months ago and my idea was not well received. That said, I would love to bring in Lelie to push Bradley & Berrian, but giving up Jones would be too high a price in my opinion. If they insisted on Jones, I’d want Lelie and a pick in return, and I doubt Denver would go for it. If things get hairy and TJ decides he’s going to hold out until he’s traded, then I suppose the tables are turned and Angelo loses a lot of leverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:07 pm 

Thomas Jones has 2 years left on that contract. I know the alderman passed a living wage ordinance for big boxes but I imagine Jones likes to live a little larger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Midge, I offered this up for consideration a couple of months ago and my idea was not well received. That said, I would love to bring in Lelie to push Bradley & Berrian, but giving up Jones would be too high a price in my opinion. If they insisted on Jones, I’d want Lelie and a pick in return, and I doubt Denver would go for it. If things get hairy and TJ decides he’s going to hold out until he’s traded, then I suppose the tables are turned and Angelo loses a lot of leverage.

I agree that Jones has much more value than Lelie, but I don't trust Angelo to handle this situation well, especially with Rosenhaus on the other side. I expect Jones to be gone soon--and for little in return. Hopefully, though, my prediction will prove inaccurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:12 pm 

2 RB's! One is going to get hurt! Book it!

Post subject: Re: T Jones
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Indy actually looks like a really good fit for him, but thats about it.

Actually Denver is a pretty good fit. Angelo probably believes that Jones is worth more but I think the bottom line is that he really doesn't want Ashley Lelie anyway. If he didn't draft a WR he almost ceratainly isn't going to trade for one as long as Jones is in camp (OK technically Hester is one but you guys know the story there).

Tom S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hope they keep Jones this season...It's amazing how fast your team MVP becomes the backup, don't get me wrong, he helped the Bears out by not showing up to the mini-camps, but I'd rather have the depth at RB than another underachieving WR like Lelie.

If the Bears are going to trade Jones, I'd rather get Jerry Porter...not that he's anything special either though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:01 pm 

[quote="BD"]I hope they keep Jones this season...It's amazing how fast your team MVP becomes the backup, don't get me wrong, he helped the Bears out by not showing up to the mini-camps, but I'd rather have the depth at RB than another underachieving WR like Lelie.
[quote]

I'd say that he'd have kept his job if he'd shown up. Whoever went in as the number one will almost certainly emerge as the number one. I'm still stunned that Jones gave that position up for a meanlingless holdout.

I'm also not enitrely sure how much Lelie would help the team. There's something about him that just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure he fits what they're trying to do and, frankly, I'm not sure he's all that dependable.

Tom S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:18 pm 

The only reason you look at a Leile is to have that stretch the field WR on the team. He was a 4.3 when he was drafted and he's a big target at 6'5". He's never lived up to the potential, but maybe he does in a new environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Lelie is 6 foot 3 and I question that even.