It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
You completely missed that LandShark is also the name of the beer served by Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restaurants, featuring 17 spices (I think this is true- I have not looked any of it up)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The best part of listening to Hamp is that he takes all the guesswork out of what will happen at the end of the day.

If only he gave the market reports.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
Hampton is effing brutal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:54 pm 

Mark Prior's Calves wrote:

I can't wait till they bring him in to help Mac with breaking downs Bulls hoops in February/March.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Mark Prior's Calves wrote:

I can't wait till they bring him in to help Mac with breaking downs Bulls hoops in February/March.

I hope not...Besides, I thought I heard Mac on the other all-sports station called Hampton "brutal to listen to"...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac without Spiegel was good today...but Mac with Jim Miller was real god. Hell, even Mac & Hampton were better than Spiegel.
The shit keeps getting deeper & deeper for Spiegel. Let him do Hit & Run & get his ass off of Macs show. Now. Please.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Woman calls up and criticizes Cutler for not 'running down to the endzone to congratulate Johnny Knox after scoring a touchdown' and he should act 'more like Brett Favre with Percy Harvin'

Do people REALLY believe that makes a difference? I need a drink after that and it's 930am on a Monday

It's broads like her that remind us all of the tragic folly that is the 19th Amendment.

Classic.

Kind of funny but a little mean when he muttered he was going to fight with a chick and asked if she smoked Reds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Agreed..

Jim Miller and Danny Mac is a very comfortable listen.

Dan Hampton may be a HOF football player, but he's a blankets up over they eyes God-awful radio show contributor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding- j/k.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Northside_Dan wrote:
Woman calls up and criticizes Cutler for not 'running down to the endzone to congratulate Johnny Knox after scoring a touchdown' and he should act 'more like Brett Favre with Percy Harvin'

Do people REALLY believe that makes a difference? I need a drink after that and it's 930am on a Monday

Then he said something about smoking a Marlboro Red, she sounded like a Marlboro Red kinda girl... :scratch:

But anyhow, I enjoyed Mac without Pants today... which is odd, because i enjoy Meat on the occasions i have heard him on Hit and Run. I guess that speaks to their "chemistry"?

Last edited by Apologist on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I have been taking shots at the show recently, so I figured it was only fair to "throw some bouquets" when appropriate. I listened today from 9 a.m to 11 a.m. This was much, much better. No forced laughter, no constant yelling, no interruptions.

I said back when Miller was signed, he was pretty good and knowledgeable from hearing his work on Sirius NFL Radio Channel 124.

So overall, I dont think its flight miles, its just a bad partnership. Both guys are good separately but not good together.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding- j/k.

My facepalm was mostly dedicated to the woman that called in.

What I listened to - the show was good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Dan Hampton > Brian Baldinger

Last time I saw Brian Baldinger on the NFL Network, BRUTAL!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm cool with Jim Miller but not over the top with him but when did he become the mouth piece for Chicago Bears football? He had a cup of coffee with the Bears and now he' s on every Chicago media outlet giving us his thoughts.

He's on with CJH, Mac's show, Comcast, WGN , CLTV and any other outlet that will give him face or air time. Doesn't make him a bad guy just confused on how he's gotten everyone courting him on his thoughts. He's got more jobs than Tommy Waddle for christ sakes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
STU is confused. :shock:

He is a former Bear that can put a sentence together and will come on any show he is asked. It increases his profile and he has always been a good guy to deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
I'm cool with Jim Miller but not over the top with him but when did he become the mouth piece for Chicago Bears football? He had a cup of coffee with the Bears and now he' s on every Chicago media outlet giving us his thoughts.

He's on with CJH, Mac's show, Comcast, WGN , CLTV and any other outlet that will give him face or air time. Doesn't make him a bad guy just confused on how he's gotten everyone courting him on his thoughts. He's got more jobs than Tommy Waddle for christ sakes.

He was also on with Silvy and Waddle late in their show. I know these are not Chicago specific but he also does postgame for Michigan State and appears about 2-3 times a week on Sirius NFL radio for a 3-4 hour show. He must either need the cash and/or have a very good agent who is getting him out with his peeps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
[quote="EG Greg
He was also on with Silvy and Waddle late in their show.

That would explain Jim being an hour and 15 minutes late to Mac's show in studio this morning. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
[quote="EG Greg

That would explain Jim being an hour and 15 minutes late to Mac's show in studio this morning. :lol:

:?:
So, if Miller was on with Mac at 10am, and he was on S&W "late in thier show" (which is on until 1pm), how in the world could Miller have possibly been late because of being on with S&W? Does he use some sort of Spartan/Quarterback time machine?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jim Miller must have a DeLorean.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
DegenerateDave wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Normally Dan's producers don't take meatball calls. Well of course unless...Nah, never mind.

That's the goal. They are lucid when Jay and I speak to them. Then, while on hold, they receive a sharp blow to the head, or have a stroke.. Boom....Meatball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
The Affordable Dave Miska wrote:
DegenerateDave wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Normally Dan's producers don't take meatball calls. Well of course unless...Nah, never mind.

That's the goal. They are lucid when Jay and I speak to them. Then, while on hold, they receive a sharp blow to the head, or have a stroke.. Boom....Meatball.

At that point Dave they should have a burning desire to hang up and call back a few short hours later where they will find a happy home - :lol:

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
[quote="EG Greg

:?:
So, if Miller was on with Mac at 10am, and he was on S&W "late in thier show" (which is on until 1pm), how in the world could Miller have possibly been late because of being on with S&W? Does he use some sort of Spartan/Quarterback time machine?

I caught that too, but figured I would let it pass. I heard him on S&W at 12:35 p.m.