It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blackhawk Concerns
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I thought that it is a good topic, what are your concerns?

Here is mine:

For the majority of this upcoming season the hawks are going to be missing a go-to-guy. Last year in a lot of close games, the game plan a lot of times was simple: give the puck to Havlat and watch him do something amazing. I'm not going to say that havlat carried the team last year, but he was the most consistent goal scorer and most consistent play maker. He is gone and without him and with Hossa out for a few months, I am worried about this teams ability to score those clutch goals and clutch plays that Havlat provided. This is still a young team, and with young players you often have problems of inconstancy, I just hope that there is enough talent on this team to pick up the slack when someone goes on a cold streak.

Huet will be fine, goalies are a weird breed, it took competition for Khabi to finally show what he was made of, and I think that Being "THE GUY" will give Huet the confidence that goalies need to be great. I know that doesn't sound logical, but I actually believe that.

Before you douchebags say "wrong section" The idea was stolen from the Danny Mac show, so I figured I should put it in this section.

Post subject: Re: Blackhawk Concerns
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
crosscheck wrote:
Before you douchebags say "wrong section" The idea was stolen from the Danny Mac show, so I figured I should put it in this section.

Wrong Section!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:41 am 

And Mac said that Khabi carried the Blackhawks for the past few springs, but that just isn't true, last year he was injured/ inconsistent and average late in the season, and in the playoffs, and the year previous he was pretty awful. There was a reason the hawks put him on waivers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 am 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Wrong Section!!!

:twisted: Asshole!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 am 

The Hawks' main concern is obviously keeping Patrick Kane out of jail. This guy has proven that he is a thug and needs to have veterans on the team to set a good example for him. He can't just go out nightly and beat up down innocent drunk cab drivers. Let's leave this type of abuse to the Chicago Police Department.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Does anyone have a good snow blower thay want to sell? And where is a good place for Indian food?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Wrong Section.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I agree 100% with the playmaker idea. The goal Havlat scored in the playoffs last year, against Calgary? I want to say, was one of the single greatest plays I've ever seen. We just have to hope for the continued maturation and development of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Versteeg, Bolland to make up for Havlat's production until we get Hossa back.

I'm not quite as comfortable with Huet as you, but goalies are weird. I wouldn't be shocked if he's incredible this year, but he HAS to cut down on the rebounds though for the love of God. I also think there is some truth to not being the underdog anymore and it will change the way teams play against the Hawks. The roster has the talent for another 100 point season, but I think getting used to being the favorite will be an adjustment seeing as no one on the roster, short of Hossa and Kopecky, are used to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:10 am 

Its kinda funny but isnt Kane one of the guys who wont fight?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:13 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Its kinda funny but isnt Kane one of the guys who wont fight?

Just adds to the theory that the cab driver beat the shit out of himself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:29 am 

:shock: Mac being concerned about burish being out :shock: Love me the little irritant, but a 4th line winger being injured is nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Could the go to guy be Kane or Toews, or will it have to be for this team to succeed. If not, you may have to wait untill December when Hossa comes in to see if he can do it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm 

Think part of the reason the Chicago sports media lament the Burish injury so strongly is that he is very giving with his time and opinions with them. He's a fun, energetic interview, which can be rare here sometimes.

But on the scoresheet, he is really just a high-spirited, less than average player. I would like to see more production from that fourth line, not just 'grit.'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:01 pm 

reents wrote:
Could the go to guy be Kane or Toews, or will it have to be for this team to succeed. If not, you may have to wait untill December when Hossa comes in to see if he can do it.

I think that they eventually could be, but last year Toews was slow to start, and then consistent for the rest of the season, and Kane disappeared for weeks at a time. But that could have had to do with the injury, or he could just be inconstant at his young age. I hope that they turn into the go-to-guys this year, but I'm not too hopeful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 pm 

guyt wrote:
Think part of the reason the Chicago sports media lament the Burish injury so strongly is that he is very giving with his time and opinions with them. He's a fun, energetic interview, which can be rare here sometimes.

But on the scoresheet, he is really just a high-spirited, less than average player. I would like to see more production from that fourth line, not just 'grit.'

That makes sense about Burish, but I disagree about the fourth line production. I think that they were very useful last year, and without looking at stats, I'm willing to bet that their production was as good as any 4th line out there. That being said, there are 15 guys playing for the icehogs that could do what Burish does.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 pm 

Agree about the Rockford thing, and still think there are better numbers to be had by that group.