It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I aint buying it !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

I love Mac hand-jobbing America that he's excited about the announcement of Chicago being given a chance to host the Olympics . I could give a shit either way but his feining of the possibilty is funny and you can hear it in his voice.

I will say that if it puts out of work union guys back to work Im all for it but other wise give me Bears , Hawks , Bulls chatter.

Post subject: Re: I aint buying it !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:33 am 
1000 CLUB

I would say Mac would rather talk Bulls buckets then chat about 2016.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This has been one of Mac's talking points since he re-started at The Score. I believe Dick Daley's machine has "requested" that The Score trumpet the praises of getting this giant POS in Chicago. Hanley wants it, Mac wants it, hmmmmmm?

Meanwhile, the POS Mayor is hobnobbing (sp) while the murder rate is climbing, there has been a second horrific teenager being beaten to near death, and the police still have no contract.

Daley is a scumbag and is doing this to feed his ego. I hope Rio gets it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 am 

I don't give a shit what you buy, Andrew. I want the games. I'm a fan of this city and its denizens. And I never have experienced the excitement around the games. Couldn't care less about the outcome and I always will find a very high percentage of Olympics events a cheaper alternative to Ambien.... but I want 'em here. Get back to your limp propane grill, STU. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Mac wrote:
I don't give a shit what you buy, Andrew. I want the games. I'm a fan of this city and its denizens. And I never have experienced the excitement around the games. Couldn't care less about the outcome and I always will find a very high percentage of Olympics events a cheaper alternative to Ambien.... but I want 'em here. Get back to your limp propane grill, STU. :)

Thats just because you are hoping that NW Indiana is the venue for the cow chip throwing event. Your trailer might be worth something in rent that way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: McDonald's
Mac, bring me some lunch to the stadium, #1 extra cheese no onions, coke no ice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:40 pm 

My two concerns about the games comes down to money:

a: They said it would bring in so much money; but independent projections show 1/4 of the expected money. If it helps Chicago, great. But I have a feeling this will do more damage to the city's revenue than help.

b: We can afford to spend the millions on the bid (and billions if we get it) but we can't afford to keep city offices open? That's one that boggles the mind.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:52 pm 

Exclamation Moint wrote:
The Chicago Olympics are a lock though. Obama is not going to leave there looking like a loser, unless his handlers are retarded and don't know the outcome already. He wants the Olympics to be the victory lap at the end of his 2nd term before the 2016 election.

Somewhat ironic that the "Community Organizer" is for an event that will eliminate the communities he once sought to serve (failed bid for 1st Congressional seat).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Of course Mac wants the games here, he may not even be employed in the Chicago Sports Radio market when the games do come.

He'll be the first to bitch about it when it makes his commute unbearable and besides, the brunt of the money the Chicagoans will bear when all is said an done won't affect him in the least.

If the games come here, it will put Chicago on the global map for the amount of corruption that goes on during the construction phase.

Mayor Daley is an embarrassment. He can't balance the budget for a "second city" and has made the democratic process for voting a mockery. His only contributions have been to plant flowers and bring a giant silver kidney bean to Grant Park. The streets are a joke, the police have no contract, the murder rate has risen in Chicago and the schools suck, but this douche flies to Copenhagen to push for this abomination.

I hope Chicago doesn't get the games so I can see Daley's dream/ego crushed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Of course Mac wants the games here, he may not even be employed in the Chicago Sports Radio market when the games do come.

He'll be the first to bitch about it when it makes his commute unbearable and besides, the brunt of the money the Chicagoans will bear when all is said an done won't affect him in the least.

If the games come here, it will put Chicago on the global map for the amount of corruption that goes on during the construction phase.

Mayor Daley is an embarrassment. He can't balance the budget for a "second city" and has made the democratic process for voting a mockery. His only contributions have been to plant flowers and bring a giant silver kidney bean to Grant Park. The streets are a joke, the police have no contract, the murder rate has risen in Chicago and the schools suck, but this douche flies to Copenhagen to push for this abomination.

This is your best post ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

But you want the games here? Are you still on the boogersugar? So you want the games here, but don't care about the outcome and are saying a high percentage of the games are boring? But you're pushing for them to come here?

I guess my assessment of the Daley machine getting to you is correct.

Mac, who ya crappin?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Northside_Dan wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:

This is your best post ever.

This compliment is bittersweet. I appreciate the kudos for this rant, but then are you saying my previous 700+ posts sucked because they usually are emotionally-based and are based on zero fact or credible research? :wink:

Thanks ND!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:46 pm 

wouldn't be the first time STU isn't buying

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Country Bumpkin wrote:

I do relish the thought of seeing his purplish Chuckie faced rage talking about all of the Olympic haters out there. Hair flying everywhere. It is quite a sight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
if Chicago breaks even on the Olympics it is worth it for the infrastructure alone.
it will create tons of construction job, even up here in Lake County. (Equestrian events - Temple Lippizans, etc...). Roads will need to be widened. Utilities will need to be relocated.
the clouted construction companies do not have much work right now either (except on the tollway).
they had to lay-off people too....and they'll rehire. there will be so much work that the clout companies will not be able to deal with the small jobs. and small guys will have work again...

the schools will still suck.
the cops should have a contract by then... :wink:

that being said, it's still likely our politicians will fuck it up if Chi-IL does get the bid. still, i don't think the bid is a lock by any stretch...regardless of who attends the announcement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
if Chicago breaks even on the Olympics it is worth it for the infrastructure alone.
it will create tons of construction job, even up here in Lake County. (Equestrian events - Temple Lippizans, etc...). Roads will need to be widened. Utilities will need to be relocated.
the clouted construction companies do not have much work right now either (except on the tollway).
they had to lay-off people too....and they'll rehire. there will be so much work that the clout companies will not be able to deal with the small jobs. and small guys will have work again...

the schools will still suck.
the cops should have a contract by then... :wink:

that being said, it's still likely our politicians will fuck it up if Chi-IL does get the bid. still, i don't think the bid is a lock by any stretch...regardless of who attends the announcement.

Will all roads that need repair be repaired? If not, this does not help Chicagoans with their daily commute and travels, especially those folks who are blowing out tires due to the ginormous potholes.

Which construction companies will get hired? Will there be open bidding from all companies or just the ones that have helped Daley stay in office?

I want all peeps who are unemployed to be employed. However, if this does not keep these folks employed for the long haul getting the games is purely cosmetic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

is a pothole in logan square going to get fixed b/c the olympics are here? no...
but, maybe the I-290 westbound merging lanes will.

there is "open" bidding for all construction companies. there will be minority contracts as they are required by law. chicago is very good in this respect. the ones you see on the tollway will continue to get contracts. the structures/arenas themselves, i have no idea.

if getting the games get design work started late this year and early next year...that is a hell of a lot better than what is happening right now.
every person that operates a backhoe, front-end loader, or any other type of earth moving machine is struggling...unless he/she is doing roadwork. there is no office design work for engineers (unless you work for IDOT or the Toll Authority). 110 lot subdivision design is gone. people that had solid credit and 30 year fixed mortgages are defaulting because they work in the construction trade....
a trade that doesn't exist right now.
70% of surveyors and civil engineers are out of work because of this.
when there is nothing to design in the fall/winter there is nothing to build in the spring/summer/fall.
and the banks continue to not release money for large construction, b/c nobody is buying, b/c nobody has money, b/c they don't have a job to go to.

see the circle of shit? i believe the 5 circles can help fix this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Or tipping well either!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Hanley wants it

Imaginary radio? The Hanley I heard this morning was pretty clear that he didn't want the Olympics here, but that he's resigned to the fate that Chicago will get them...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
doug - evergreen park wrote:
is a pothole in logan square going to get fixed b/c the olympics are here? no...
but, maybe the I-290 westbound merging lanes will.

there is "open" bidding for all construction companies. there will be minority contracts as they are required by law. chicago is very good in this respect. the ones you see on the tollway will continue to get contracts. the structures/arenas themselves, i have no idea.

if getting the games get design work started late this year and early next year...that is a hell of a lot better than what is happening right now.
every person that operates a backhoe, front-end loader, or any other type of earth moving machine is struggling...unless he/she is doing roadwork. there is no office design work for engineers (unless you work for IDOT or the Toll Authority). 110 lot subdivision design is gone. people that had solid credit and 30 year fixed mortgages are defaulting because they work in the construction trade....
a trade that doesn't exist right now.
70% of surveyors and civil engineers are out of work because of this.
when there is nothing to design in the fall/winter there is nothing to build in the spring/summer/fall.
and the banks continue to not release money for large construction, b/c nobody is buying, b/c nobody has money, b/c they don't have a job to go to.

see the circle of shit? i believe the 5 circles can help fix this.

I'm sure you know this Doug but a large portion of those minority contracts are generally fronts for larger corporations (not minority owned). I have family involved in a company that was busted doing this exact thing for work done at Solider Field.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

well, certainly...the "this is chicago" phrase applies in every respect, for all that happens here.

however, i personally know a couple of minority commercial construction business owners who benefit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
The Ike is already being redone, regardless of the Olympics:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 765.column

Not sure creating another bubble, an Olympic construction bubble, is the way to deal with transitional unemployment after the real estate bubble and concomitant condo building craze went pop. Too much money flowed into too many construction projects and that brought too many workers into the construction industry; which lowered quality drastically, as anyone who has bought a recently built condo or house in the area will tell you (if you make the mistake of asking).

Construction tradesmen looking for work and finding themselves frozen out of the Chicago market can either wait for the economy in general to rebound, and that'll naturally create an uptick in construction trade jobs, or make a move: to another industry/trade/job sector/back to school/military/etc/etc. Or, do a geographical, Chicago might be tremendously overbuilt and unlikely to experience a huge surge in new construction absent the Olympics, but other cities that did not participate so gluttonously in the real estate bubble still have work to be done.

The people who know the above the best should be those in the trade: when the buildings you've been tearing down or renovating for the past decade had been there for half-a-century or more, it's apparent that you're going to be six-feet under or at least retired to the year-round sunny and warm shores of Lake Superior before anyone engages in such a wholesale updating of Chicago's housing stock again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:43 pm 

I heard today that theyll be so much work there arent enough laborers in chicago to fill the jobs. Laborers from other cities will have to come. So that kinda renders the daleys guys thing moot. The flipside is all those workers who come, some will stay after the work dries up eventually and that means rising unemployment etc. So that seems like good short term bad long term. (Heard this on B&B Hawkeye)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Olympics in Chicago will be a great thing for sports radio hosts and all media types.

Imagine the corruption they can report on.

The inflatable collosseum collapsing under the weight of Wisconsinites watching the Olympics.

It'll provide jobs up until 2016, and hopefully pump money into the infrastructure of Chicago.

After that, who gives a crap, I'm movin' to Arizona and ridin' out into the sunset.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

lipidquadcab wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Hanley wants it

Imaginary radio? The Hanley I heard this morning was pretty clear that he didn't want the Olympics here, but that he's resigned to the fate that Chicago will get them...

My bad. It's Mulligan that wants it. Thanks for the correction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
The Ike is already being redone, regardless of the Olympics:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 765.column

west of cicero...not east.

well, you all got your wish...so it doesn't matter anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:

Mac, the show sounded much better today with Loho & without Meatpants. I am hoping that Meat & his band get a permanent gig at Daily plaza from 9 - 1 weekdays.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

Mac, the show sounded much better today with Loho & without Meatpants. I am hoping that Meat & his band get a permanent gig at Daily plaza from 9 - 1 weekdays.

Wow......I would be shocked if that was the majority opinion on today's show.

I don't get your hate for Spiegs.......Loho co-hosting is PTFB radio. But for accuracy sake I did tune in for the Chicago last place announcement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:

And I'm sure Pants hopes you get a gig at the end of his fuck stick from 9 TO 1 . :P Shut up already ! You bitch more than Degenerate Dave and that's saying a lot ...Love ya Dave .