It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'll have to get this shipped. Borders doesn't have it in stores, and there is not B&N close to me.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I can't stand the moronic newspaper column. Why the fuck would I buy this piece of tripe?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I'm surprised you don't already have 100 of them to wipe your ass with.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I'm surprised you don't already have 100 of them to wipe your ass with.

No way, Mac would have said something if he had tripled his sales.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Cafe Greco (Rockford)
NSJ wrote:
Chicago sports fans are the most passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated in the country.

Ugghhh... well we are passionate and dedicated. The knowledgeable part not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I perused the book at Borders in Mt. Prospect yesterday.

A few things:

Mac sounds like a creepy stalker with his 'Media Babes'. If Marion Brooks ever read this book, she'd insist on taking the stairs so she never risked getting into an elevator with Mac. lol... To think this woman made a video on how breastfeeding made her nipples crack and bleed. I'm with you Mac on most of your choices Mac.

T-Boers submits a List of Top "BAD PEOPLE" in Chicago Sports, including Brian Cox. "Y" I ask wasn't a Y used in Bryan? If I'm not mistaken Mac's agent is Bryan Harlan. Inexcusable.

Ed Sherman thanks just about everybody including his milk man and newspaper boy. Mac thanks 'us' - the die hard Chicago sports fans - well played on that Mac.

So when does the book signing tour begin? Don't tell me Chester W. Coppock is doing a book tour, and you're not. Are either book on Oprah's Book List yet?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:41 pm 

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:

T-Boers submits a List of Top "BAD PEOPLE" in Chicago Sports, including Brian Cox. "Y" I ask wasn't a Y used in Bryan? If I'm not mistaken Mac's agent is Bryan Harlan. Inexcusable.

Terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
815Sox wrote:
NSJ wrote:
Chicago sports fans are the most passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated in the country.

Ugghhh... well we are passionate and dedicated. The knowledgeable part not so much.

Compared to the other places I have lived (Dallas, St. Louis) & the places that I travel to frequently, (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy, Louisville, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Des Moines, KC) Chicago sports fans are very knowledgeable. Don't buy into the Boers & Bernsy bullshit that Chicago fans aren't knowledgeable, because what I see & hear in these other cities makes Chicagoans look smart.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Scorehead wrote:
815Sox wrote:
NSJ wrote:

Compared to the other places I have lived (Dallas, St. Louis) & the places that I travel to frequently, (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy, Louisville, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Des Moines, KC) Chicago sports fans are very knowledgeable. Don't buy into the Boers & Bernsy bullshit that Chicago fans aren't knowledgeable, because what I see & hear in these other cities makes Chicagoans look smart.

Ever think that Boers and Bernstein prefer the idiot caller to one who can make a point?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
NSJ wrote:

Ugghhh... well we are passionate and dedicated. The knowledgeable part not so much.[/quote]

Compared to the other places I have lived (Dallas, St. Louis) & the places that I travel to frequently, (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy, Louisville, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Des Moines, KC) Chicago sports fans are very knowledgeable. Don't buy into the Boers & Bernsy bullshit that Chicago fans aren't knowledgeable, because what I see & hear in these other cities makes Chicagoans look smart.[/quote]

Ever think that Boers and Bernstein prefer the idiot caller to one who can make a point?[/quote]

Yes. I posted that thought a while back. The guys from the board who spent time in the studio claimed that's not the case. I'm not so sure that it isn't though. Regardless of who gets on the air, B&B continuously call Chicago sports fans dumb & retarded. Surely Dan & Terry have traveled throughout their careers & have heard the goofs in other cities.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Gridiron Assassin wrote:

Terrible.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
[
Quote:
quote="Aggravated Sox Fan BobUgghhh... ]

Ever think that Boers and Bernstein prefer the idiot caller to one who can make a point?
[/quote]

So Bob is saying he is a frequent caller to the B&B SHOW......... :P :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
shocking that Steve would judge a book without even seeing the cover.... :wink:

It is also shocking that Mac would eschew The Brand's advice. Who would do that?

As Lipidquadcab said..."someone who wanted to sell books". But I was just stating what I would be interested in reading. As well as what I would not be interested in reading, I guess. I hope Dan does well with the book. It just doesn't appeal to me personally. The "Dangerous Talk" idea does. I think it would be a much more ambitious undertaking, but one that would be much more rewarding in the end. Not just critically and personally rewarding, but more financially rewarding as well. A book of lists, just sounds like Harry's top 5 lists ....gone too far.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Darkside wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
shocking that Steve would judge a book without even seeing the cover.... :wink:

It is also shocking that Mac would eschew The Brand's advice. Who would do that?

As Lipidquadcab said..."someone who wanted to sell books". But I was just stating what I would be interested in reading. As well as what I would not be interested in reading, I guess. I hope Dan does well with the book. It just doesn't appeal to me personally. The "Dangerous Talk" idea does. I think it would be a much more ambitious undertaking, but one that would be much more rewarding in the end. Not just critically and personally rewarding, but more financially rewarding as well. A book of lists, just sounds like Harry's top 5 lists ....gone too far.

Maybe Mac can get a comic book version so it will appeal to you.

How in the hell is any book written by a local sportscaster going to appeal to anybody outside the market?

How financially rewarding do you think Mac is expecting this book to be?

Remind me to buy the movie rights.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:23 pm 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
[
Quote:
quote="Aggravated Sox Fan BobUgghhh... ]

So Bob is saying he is a frequent caller to the B&B SHOW......... :P :lol:[/quote]

I should start and talk up Kyle Orton..... :lol:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Apologist wrote:
A book of lists? This sounds like in-the-shitter reading material.

Fixed.