It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
that's because they are the only ones who sound fucked up....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doug,
I was off work the last 3 days and thought I would give the new show a shot, I did and it just reminded me of the last year of MJH, not entertaining. But you are right, we are each entitled to our opinions of the show. It seems to me that there are far fewer posts defending Mac and many more criticizing the show than there ever were in the past. Also, it seems that many of the regulars on the former Mac boards, the MJH and the unemployed Mac ones, don't seem to be rallying around this show. Why do you think that is the case? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
because we can't listen like and comment like we used to. i've had told Mac, better phrased, that "the time slot sucks."
that has a shittone to do with it.
I am unable to listen like I used to. I just can't.
too many phone calls to answer...that thing called "work" gets in the way.

his solo show he did 2 weeks ago monday? (first hour solo, 2nd hour with Jim Miller, but not the Hampton stuff) was some of the best radio he has done in years...I told him as much.

I'll just say this as I told him....the ride is better when Mac is driving.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Doug,
It seems to me that there are far fewer posts defending Mac and many more criticizing the show than there ever were in the past. Also, it seems that many of the regulars on the former Mac boards, the MJH and the unemployed Mac ones, don't seem to be rallying around this show. Why do you think that is the case? Just curious.

Kind of like you beating the same drum on Mac's show Sid as you have become predictable and boring and I just got bored with you. With 20 different mults (mostly the same game with 10 mults) just throwing stupid shit against the wall became very boring and as I mentioned I would engage them because it was fun to try and see these assholes babble their way threw a thread.

I agree with Doug when he says Mac's solo shows were outstanding and the guest intensive shows are very , very good. Pants has the Salisbury factor in him as he's away more than in and maybe that's a good thing because that gives Mac more room to be Mac.

I just don't get the same warm and fuzzy feeling at times and Mac would be lying if he said he's uncomfortable with Pants at times and he tends to go down the Harry T. raod at times and more often than not Mac is reeling him in.

It's not MJH or Waddle and Silvy but it is very good at times and other days it's on life support . Take those Mac solo shows and tweak that and maybe move Spiegs around and have him in on segments but the smart thing would be to let Bores sit in for a few shows and let the laughs and great radio fly and mix it up a bit . Mac showed a few weeks ago he can fly the plane and has what it takes to make it work and work well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Who the fuck ever said "Ortman"? No one.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 pm 

Ranger wrote:
CSFMB Guy wrote:
I know this has been covered before, and I know it cuts wide across the Chicago sports talk landscape, but Mac/Spiegel seem to be the biggest perpetrators in keeping it alive.

It was funny fifteen years ago...maybe ten...and now it makes my skin crawl whenever I hear it, perhaps more than any other sports talk pet peeve. Whether it's the "Ditka vs. a hurricane..." or "COACH" or "Ortman" et al., it has to be the most tired bit in the history of local sports talk, and I wish it would somehow die a sudden death.

When people stop sounding like that, then the imitations can be retired.

Ramger, the problem is that most Chicago sports fans dont sound like that. A show gets one caller who sounds like that & it becomes a bit? I get tired of the Bernsy chicago meatball voice as if all chicago fans are like that.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:05 pm 

mel junior wrote:
Unfortunately, I have. You have to spend more time on the South Side.

So these are White hard die Sox fans we're talking about here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Who the fuck ever said "Ortman"? No one.

Are you being facetious, or are you just ignorant? Spiegel says it multiple times every day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:13 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
because we can't listen like and comment like we used to. i've had told Mac, better phrased, that "the time slot sucks."
that has a shittone to do with it.
I am unable to listen like I used to. I just can't.
too many phone calls to answer...that thing called "work" gets in the way.

his solo show he did 2 weeks ago monday? (first hour solo, 2nd hour with Jim Miller, but not the Hampton stuff) was some of the best radio he has done in years...I told him as much.

I'll just say this as I told him....the ride is better when Mac is driving.

Doug, you are absolutly correct. The Mac solo shows were great. I posted about how good those shows were & got ripped for it. The problem with Macs show is obvious. He knows the show isnt working. Meat is bad at radio. The question is, what will he & WSCR do about it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Ramger, the problem is that most Chicago sports fans dont sound like that. A show gets one caller who sounds like that & it becomes a bit? I get tired of the Bernsy chicago meatball voice as if all chicago fans are like that.

enough are to justify the bit.