It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mackey No Happy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've been listening for the most part today and I don't remember ever hearing Mac sound this generally unhappy on the radio. His disdain for Spiegel seems to be coming to a head with a lot of his comments today. I don't even remember hearing this much frustration towards Harry when that was at its worst. Spiegel has been extra dickish lately though so I can understand Mac being prickly back, but it's making for some strange (not the fun type) sports radio. Today's show was akin to hanging out with the married couple that snips and talks shit to each other throughout the night making everyone around them uncomfortable.

Post subject: Re: Mackey No Happy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:42 pm 

Can we start the petition to get Vandy in with Mac on a full time basis???

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm 

Macker No Blacker

Mac and Hood would be good

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Time for another fishing trip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
He must be upset or something, because his Hockey thought about extending the game because of a penalty was just retarded.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:

Where do I sign?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:53 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Where do I sign?

Great, JohnKirk is down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 pm 

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 pm 

Hell, I'll go door to door with this petition.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I didn't get to hear much of today... what exactly happened?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Deep down - or maybe not so deep - I don't think Mac respects Spiegel. The tension comes from Matt coming to realize this, and Mac failing to conceal it.

Interesting. Wouldn't disagree. Something is up. At first I thought Spiegs was being more confrontational thinking discourse breeds better radio. It hasn't been that recently. More what you described.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:47 pm 

Exclamation Moint wrote:
Deep down - or maybe not so deep - I don't think Mac respects Spiegel. The tension comes from Matt coming to realize this, and Mac failing to conceal it.

If this is true--and I have no way of knowing if it is--Mac sure changed his tune on this guy in a hurry. Mac on this board, 6/7/09: "Why Matt Spiegel? Because he's good. Spiegel is knowledgable, articulate, funny, creative, possesses a commanding presence, is strong in areas I'm not, has a warm soul, can "drive" a show, is not afraid to challenge me (and do so intelligently) and has an enormously awesome singing voice for when the occasion calls for song parodies. For those of you who don't recall his days at the Score (he began as a McNeil-Boers intern, then producer, then weekend/fill-in guy) or at Sporting News, lend your ear to the artist formerly known as Meatpants and you'll know why he was my first choice to fly in the plane. Our discussions on partnering didn't begin this spring; we've stayed close for several years in anticipation of a day called June 15."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
rogers park bryan wrote:
Macker No Blacker

+1 I'm a charter member of the J Hood ALS. I totally agree with Moint about Mac not respecting Spiegel. His buyers remorse is more evident everyday. It is an uncomfortable listen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mackeyfish has been in radio a long time and he has to know that this show sucks. He's coming to the realization that flight miles won't solve anything.

My guess is that he screwed himself, going to the mat for meatpants in the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
RFDC wrote:

Count me in... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
SHARK wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Count me in... 8)

When SHARK turns on you then your days are numbered. Not looking too good for ol Meatslacks

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Chris in St. Charles wrote:

I just started listening. They had a really uncomfortable moment when Mac was trying to think of the Departed and referred to it as a Jack Nicholson movie. Meatpants seemed to have all his sensibilities offended that Mac didn't refer to it as a Martin Scorcese (sp?) movie and that Mac gives too much credit for actors.

That might sound like joking around, but their tone's seemed pretty damn aggressive.

Is anyone else terrified of Scorehead's victory march if Mac decides Spiegs isn't the answer?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Oh Christ, shouldn't you girls be at the nail salon talking gossip 'round about this time?

All of a sudden you're all voice-tone analysts or phonetic experts. Watch a little less FOX primetime and have a little more substantive thought than "I think Mac sounds angry" followed by some nonsensical prattle about supposed feuds or post-consumer regret (or whatever brilliant turn of a phrase comes next).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Don Tiny wrote:
Oh Christ, shouldn't you girls be at the nail salon talking gossip 'round about this time?

All of a sudden you're all voice-tone analysts or phonetic experts. Watch a little less FOX primetime and have a little more substantive thought than "I think Mac sounds angry" followed by some nonsensical prattle about supposed feuds or post-consumer regret (or whatever brilliant turn of a phrase comes next).

Hmmm judging by the tone of your post I would say that you are slightly agitated. Is Meatpants in the morning starting to get to you as well? Are you experiencing PTFB regret?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Don Tiny wrote:
All of a sudden you're all voice-tone analysts or phonetic experts.

You don't have to be an expert to have an opinion. Chris asked a question and I just started with the podcast and was trying to help him and figure out why this thread was created heaven forbid. Just started hour two and that's really all I've heard so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:18 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Hmmm judging by the tone of your post I would say that you are slightly agitated. Is Meatpants in the morning starting to get to you as well? Are you experiencing PTFB regret?

I like you, Betty.

There's just been this almost-board-wide pining for something resembling intrigue regarding Mac's show almost since it's debut edition. That's separate and removed from the dipshits that threw their hat into the "I hate this show" or "I hate Meatpants" ring from, oh, 30 minutes into show #1.

It's not people's opinions themselves that are enough to piss-off the Pope as far as I'm concerned, it's the underlying idea that their opinion is based on anything that could even remotely be construed as knowledgeable or informed.

There's just this omnipresent ostinato that doesn't take a reader of great insight to note the fometing posts that just beg for any sign or marker to point to as a means to make some nebulous "point" that either Mac's a dumbass or Meat's not fit for consumption or a combination of the two.

This in turn is then fired in the kiln of more supposition until some fragile little piss-pot of disinformation is taken from cheap-talk status to that of Gospel truth, that it's only a matter of time until things turn sour enough where, ultimately, all involved will look like fools - in what fashion or what form that would be is of no real consequence, since of course the "goal" is to reach the day when the show is no more. Then, in time, a new show would take it's place, and eventually the call would come, quietly at first, that we should pause and remember how good things used to be, and the cycle will repeat anew.

Or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:24 pm 

If I had a harem, I wouldn't have the time or energy to waste on you slags. 8)

(and there'd be no peepees, except mine, where the 'hair am' in my harem, mister)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:
There's just been this almost-board-wide pining for something resembling intrigue regarding Mac's show almost since it's debut edition. That's separate and removed from the dipshits that threw their hat into the "I hate this show" or "I hate Meatpants" ring from, oh, 30 minutes into show #1.

It's not people's opinions themselves that are enough to piss-off the Pope as far as I'm concerned, it's the underlying idea that their opinion is based on anything that could even remotely be construed as knowledgeable or informed.

There's just this omnipresent ostinato that doesn't take a reader of great insight to note the fometing posts that just beg for any sign or marker to point to as a means to make some nebulous "point" that either Mac's a dumbass or Meat's not fit for consumption or a combination of the two.

This in turn is then fired in the kiln of more supposition until some fragile little piss-pot of disinformation is taken from cheap-talk status to that of Gospel truth, that it's only a matter of time until things turn sour enough where, ultimately, all involved will look like fools - in what fashion or what form that would be is of no real consequence, since of course the "goal" is to reach the day when the show is no more. Then, in time, a new show would take it's place, and eventually the call would come, quietly at first, that we should pause and remember how good things used to be, and the cycle will repeat anew.

That also sounds like what happens when talk-show hosts decide they don't like a coach or player. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:28 pm 

I predict . . . (moment of silence for Swami Murph) . . . Mac will be here soon calming the waters and pledging continued fidelity to his partner and continued commitment to the show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Mac's been snarky since July. I don't think he got the immediate accolades he was expecting from his public nor his diehards on this board. He was combative here on the board, and I don't doubt that that disappointment is translating on the radio. Like I said earlier, I tuned in yesterday for the first time in a while and I'm greeted with this fat little fucker Matt talking shit about hockey fans. Who knows maybe I took it out of context but he seemed to really be enjoying himself. Now, were I Mac, I'd have been pissed at him for that. Talk shit about fans of a sport that is enjoying a growing demo? Kinda dumb, but hey, they always used to play Dueling Banjos when talking Nascar, so maybe meat though he was funny.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:41 pm 

A7X wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Macker No Blacker

+1 I'm a charter member of the J Hood ALS. I totally agree with Moint about Mac not respecting Spiegel. His buyers remorse is more evident everyday. It is an uncomfortable listen.

I endorsed a Mac / Hood pairing a while back. Hood is great. Either Hood or Goff would be great with Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Chris in St. Charles wrote:

I just started listening. They had a really uncomfortable moment when Mac was trying to think of the Departed and referred to it as a Jack Nicholson movie. Meatpants seemed to have all his sensibilities offended that Mac didn't refer to it as a Martin Scorcese (sp?) movie and that Mac gives too much credit for actors.

That might sound like joking around, but their tone's seemed pretty damn aggressive.

Is anyone else terrified of Scorehead's victory march if Mac decides Spiegs isn't the answer?

Let the record show that I was the first one here to warn you guys about Spiegels suckage.

I will however leave my pants on for the victory dance!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 pm 

I agree with Don Tiny.

If Scorehead is leading a charge, you might want to think a little more carefully in getting behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I agree with Don Tiny.

If Scorehead is leading a charge, you might want to think a little more carefully in getting behind it.

The anti Spiegel group is marching down Michigan avenue tomorrow morning. Meet at Buchingham Fountain at 9:00AM.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:22 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I agree with Don Tiny.

The anti Spiegel group is marching down Michigan avenue tomorrow morning. Meet at Buchingham Fountain at 9:00AM.

Where is the "Spiegel-Ain't-So-Bad, Mac-Is-More-The-Problem" group meeting?