It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saloon losing Customers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 pm 

I know the debate goes on and on about whether or not the Board represents listeners habits and I think if you look at the posts, it is a pretty good indicator.
Have always seen a strong showing on the boards for B&B and I don't think they mention this site at all, even though Goff and Drinky are here.
I don't think one can ignore the fact that the section for the CJH shows has taken a hit since Mac departed.
Overall, the Score has benefitted in listeners as well.
I am not trying to create any direct correlation of 34 less postings creates 9% less listeners, but it is like The Eye Test.
I dont see anything going on here and I have not really listened to the show very much since Mac left.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Idunno, it's purely anecdotal, but I will only tune into the Saloon on commercials. It would seem that might be the trend, I'm not sure how ratings reflect this kind of listener (?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
According to the rating, theyre still beating B&B handily..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
The Saloon is head and shoulders aove B&B as an entertaing SPORTS themed radio offering.

I don't need a daily dose of life lesson or ripping of the perceived dumb ass of the day, however B&B are pure manic radio...when they are on they are marvelous....when they are bored or pontificating over nonsense, it gets tiresome.

The one guy totally off limits for Bernstein in any type of critical way is Jerry Reinsdorf...a caller wants to rip Uncle Jerry and Bernstein becomes somber, short and curt.

The quirky freaky insecure personality of Uncle Jerry looms large in Hooterville.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can only handle about a half hour of the micro-analysis of the inane with B&B, and that's just about the time CJH hit the airwaves.

I did listen in on Friday after AM1000 went to the MLB playoffs, and I heard a half hour dissertation by Professor Bernstein on the fact that today's younger generation would find the movie AIRPLANE funny.

Then he went on to break down why 'satire' is needed in society. Next week Professor Bernstein will break down Sarcasm, Understatement, Irony, Puns, Turning of Phrases and of course... Exaggeration

That's enthralling sports radio Chicago from a modern day Del Close!

I guess Dan didn't get the memo that Scary Movie, Scary Movie 2, etc etc are basically the same genre and they do pretty good at the box office. WHO GIVES A FUCK THOUGH!!!! PTFD material.

The Saloon may be losing posts on their message board, but it's not like Carmen, Jurko or Harry ever really gave a fuck about that anyways. Just the same as Silvy and Waddle don't - and they've been boxing the ears of their competition regularly over the years.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Given your links that I refuse to click on anymore, I can only assume PTFD means Push the Fucking Dildo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I like whoever is doing a live show in my neighborhood on a Friday

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
The saloon is a weird breed. I can understand why the W&S section doesn't get any posts because: A. the show isn't controversial; B. everyone seems to like the hosts.

But while the afternoon saloon isn't controversial, Harry and Carmen are frequent targets on the message board, thus should be garnering more topics as to why they suck, but maybe they just don't have any supporters to fuel the 10 page pissing matches that occur in other radio threads.

so looking at this message board as a litmus test of any kind is pretty dangerous being that topics and views on this board does not equal ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:14 am 

pizza_Place: Uno's
Wow you guys must really think your that important to the ratings? Why do you think just because something gets posted here equals the shows being popular? I listened to the shows long before I knew about this site. Coming on here doesn't influence what I listen to either.

B&B are the biggest a....holes that ever was given a radio show. The way they treat callers. Like telling a customer who you don't like never to come back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
troy1950 wrote:
Wow you guys must really think your that important to the ratings? Why do you think just because something gets posted here equals the shows being popular? I listened to the shows long before I knew about this site. Coming on here doesn't influence what I listen to either.

B&B are the biggest a....holes that ever was given a radio show. The way they treat callers. Like telling a customer who you don't like never to come back.

so if I told you not to come back, you'll go away?