It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
if you got Itunes on your computer, browse through the radio tab, they have a lot of good stations that are commercial free, and they are broken down into categories, right now I'm listening to some 90's alternative, good stuff if you don't want to pay for satellite radio, and hate commercials...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 pm 

I like shoutcast myself and you can listen to all kinds of genres as well.

http://www.shoutcast.com/#

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Pandora has ads, but it's the one I prefer. I'll check out your suggestions though.
But to answer the original question, yeah, I am getting tired of STR. :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I've got another idea for those who have heard enough of sports talk radio. Because I have DIRECTV, I have access to Sirius/XM Satellite Radio. While I can't get Howard Stern or any of the other sports talk programs Sirius has, I've got some 50 music channels playing everything from the big bands of the '40s to the pop of the '90s, classic rock from the '60s & '70s on Classic Vinyl, classic rock from the '70s, '80s & '90s on Classic Rewind, plus classic/hard rock on the Boneyard and a whole lot more, 24/7, and commercial free! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
http://www.radioparadise.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Tired of sports radio?!?!?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 pm 

Puckhead wrote:

yeah, I don't know what it is, but I can't listen to the danny mac show anymore, and when I switch back to silvy and waddle, it's too boring, so I turn on music...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 am 

crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

yeah, I don't know what it is, but I can't listen to the danny mac show anymore, and when I switch back to silvy and waddle, it's too boring, so I turn on music...

Actually, I am in somewhat in the same boat. If you are looking to fill up the IPod, here is a path to take. Signup for Rhapsody. It costs around $13.00 a month. You are able to download their higher quality songs to your computer (usually better than those on torrents). Then, get a copy of SoundTaxi Pro (http://www.soundtaxi.us/). It costs about $26. SoundTaxi removes the DRM protection from Rhapsody and ITunes. In the time of a month, you can find the CDs you are looking for and then can cancel the subscription with Rhapsody.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:14 am 

Puckhead wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Actually, I am in somewhat in the same boat. If you are looking to fill up the IPod, here is a path to take. Signup for Rhapsody. It costs around $13.00 a month. You are able to download their higher quality songs to your computer (usually better than those on torrents). Then, get a copy of SoundTaxi Pro (http://www.soundtaxi.us/). It costs about $26. SoundTaxi removes the DRM protection from Rhapsody and ITunes. In the time of a month, you can find the CDs you are looking for and then can cancel the subscription with Rhapsody.

:shock: damn, is there a limit to how many songs I can download per month?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

:shock: damn, is there a limit to how many songs I can download per month?

Not that I ever ran into. I assume it is technically stealing as well so you didnt hear this from me ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:20 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
Not that I ever ran into. I assume it is technically stealing as well so you didnt hear this from me ;)

meh, details. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out...