It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why I PTFB today
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:14 am 

I really like Mac, and I even like meatpants. There is usually something that make me PTFB in any show on the score or espn. Today meatpants started by praising Lackey for his antics saying "I want my ace to stomp around, screaming and showing emotion". When texts started flying in calling him a hypocrite for bashing Big Z for the same, he started spouting off about Lackey being a better pitcher and demand on the market, etc. THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID!! Whether Lackey is better than Z is not the argument, it is the fire and passion crap that you were talking about.
The reason people like Mac is because he has on opinion and sticks to it, right or wrong. Meatpants constantly is all over the board when his ideas get questioned. Pick a lane and stick to it or go to ESPN where they are eternal windsocks.
So I PTFB to Waddle and Silvy.

the victory cry of low achievers

Post subject: Re: Why I PTFB today
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 am 

It would have to be a mighty strong wind to move Meatpants "The Windsock".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
I really like Mac, and I even like meatpants. There is usually something that make me PTFB in any show on the score or espn. Today meatpants started by praising Lackey for his antics saying "I want my ace to stomp around, screaming and showing emotion". When texts started flying in calling him a hypocrite for bashing Big Z for the same, he started spouting off about Lackey being a better pitcher and demand on the market, etc. THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID!! Whether Lackey is better than Z is not the argument, it is the fire and passion crap that you were talking about.
The reason people like Mac is because he has on opinion and sticks to it, right or wrong. Meatpants constantly is all over the board when his ideas get questioned. Pick a lane and stick to it or go to ESPN where they are eternal windsocks.
So I PTFB to Waddle and Silvy.

I wasn't able to get the score to stream this morning so I've been listening to W&S. Sounds like my computer made a wise decision for me...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Apparently, DaMaNa got "bad partner" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pal Joeys in West Chicago
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Apparently, DaMaNa got "bad partner" tickat...

I will second that!

My PTFB moment occurred Monday. I was in the car for an extended amount of time, and had Mac and Meatpants on. They began a discussion on the Denver/SanDiego game to be played that night. Meatpants goes into a "Neckbeard" rant, using the name about 5 times in two sentences. Before he could toss in a couple of "Ortmans", I PTFB...

...to Silvy and Waddle, whom I had not listened to previously (I have almost never listened to ESPN in the past). And I heard a level headed, serious discussion about FOOTBALL. The previous days games, the upcoming Monday night game, even some college football. No name calling, just good sports talk.

May be a while before I tune back in to Mac and the Meatball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Meatpants constant repeating with bad accent of the "Ortman" and neckbeard tropes as well as the slaggin' on hockey fans betray a not-too-subtle dislike / distaste / disrespect for large swaths of WSCR's listener base. Throw in the wine drinking--and isn't Meatpants a Boston sports fan first and LA/Chicago sports fan only due to living in those cities?--and Marconi Dan has himself one hostile-to-his-listeners radio partner.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
It looks like the anti Meatpants club is getting crowded.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 pm 

I listened for a good portion during my lunch today. It was ok but something is wrong IMO. It seemed like a lack of direction or focus...and still parts seemed force. Meatpants was trying to be funny making a comment about whoever (otis wilson? Van Horne?) being hung like a horse and felt the need to try and say something about "it" actually looking like a horse with four legs, yadda....JUST FUCKING STUPID and not close to being funny. I PTFB at that point.

For the record...they had VanHorne on, who sounded really good, and Mac said that he had him (VanHorne) in his book {gag} of lists about athletes who were not embarassed to be seen in the shower.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:06 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
For the record...they had VanHorne on, who sounded really good, and Mac said that he had him (VanHorne) in his book {gag} of lists about athletes who were not embarassed to be seen in the shower.

Why in the world do guys in this timeslot keep bringing up men in showers?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Exclamation Moint wrote:
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Meatpants constant repeating with bad accent of the "Ortman" and neckbeard tropes as well as the slaggin' on hockey fans betray a not-too-subtle dislike / distaste / disrespect for large swaths of WSCR's listener base. Throw in the wine drinking--and isn't Meatpants a Boston sports fan first and LA/Chicago sports fan only due to living in those cities?--and Marconi Dan has himself one hostile-to-his-listeners radio partner.

Seriously? Who uses the Superfan voice more than Mac? Who cares where he's from?

Apparently, Meatpants does. Why isn't Spiegel more open about his love of all things Boston sports related--Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots. They're all great franchises. If they're his favorites, then be open/honest/passionate about it. Waddle has always been honest about his preference for the Cincinnati Reds over either the White Sox or Cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:20 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Why isn't Spiegel more open about his love of all things Boston sports related--Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots. They're all great franchises. If they're his favorites, then be open/honest/passionate about it.

Because then people might not like him. Oh, wait . . .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Yesterday, I got into my car at around 11:00 AM or so. I listened for a full hour. Approximately ten minutes of that hour were spent discussing sports. This is the problem.

It started off well enough: I was actually impressed that Mac said he was going to go back and watch the Tivoed Bears game to watch the line play. I don't know if he actually did it, but, baby steps. For the next 55 minutes or so, I was treated to a drawn out, unfunny bit about books as Dan McNeil's currency; a drawn out, unfunny bit basically stolen from Seinfeld about a "problems" window, " a brief discussion of why hitting coaches are simultaniously overrated and worth more money; a discussion about Devo; and a brief mention about how neither host had "no problem" with an egregiously stupid penalty at the previous night's hockey game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This show is only good in very small doses. I dropped in around the same time as IB and felt the same way.

This show has no direction and is an uncomfortable listen to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:34 am 

Country Bumpkin wrote:
This show is only good in very small doses. I dropped in around the same time as IB and felt the same way.

This show has no direction and is an uncomfortable listen to say the least.

It will get better when football season starts--unfortunately, the people who said that apparently meant the 2012 season or so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
It's really not a bad show, you guys. The bits and pieces I catch are just fine to me.