It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:
My Dear First Time Caller.... you would be misguided if you suspected a "Northian" descent in ratings because of "guy talk" employed on my show. I've been doing it for the past five years. In case you haven't heard, it's been effective. And I wasn't seeking applause for noting I watched the Bulls. I was noting that nobody seemed to care about Tuesday's game against Sacramento. That's all.

Mac, seriously...how in the world did you ever think that Matt Spiegel was the right choice as your co-host??? Meat should be doing College radio in Iowa, not big time Chicago sports radio.

Scorehead - when did you change your opinion on Meatpants? I am pretty sure up until now every post I have read that you posted about Meatpants was about how professional he was and what a good listen he was. This turnabout on Meatpants with you is quite shocking.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:52 pm 

DegenerateDave wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Mac wrote:
My Dear First Time Caller.... you would be misguided if you suspected a "Northian" descent in ratings because of "guy talk" employed on my show. I've been doing it for the past five years. In case you haven't heard, it's been effective. And I wasn't seeking applause for noting I watched the Bulls. I was noting that nobody seemed to care about Tuesday's game against Sacramento. That's all.

Mac, seriously...how in the world did you ever think that Matt Spiegel was the right choice as your co-host??? Meat should be doing College radio in Iowa, not big time Chicago sports radio.

Scorehead - when did you change your opinion on Meatpants? I am pretty sure up until now every post I have read that you posted about Meatpants was about how professional he was and what a good listen he was. This turnabout on Meatpants with you is quite shocking.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
If something doesn't change I'm going to start to believe that J&H made his other show work. .

And we have a winner!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
hey SID....you in retail?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Let's have Scorehead or others who are so easy to be so critical, get behind the mic and do a show. And don't say how about you, I've tried it and I know I really suck, so I don't throw stones in glass houses. I think that it's fine to have both postive and negative feedback, but some of these mean-spirited crusades border on ridiculous. :roll:

Why does Scorehead have to get behind a mic and do a show? If he gets a bad steak at the butcher, does he have to prove he can go out and raise cattle and process and pack meat before he complains about it? If he buys a television that doesn't work, does he have to go out and prove he can build a TV before he criticizes it? Mac and all these other radio guys on the Score and MVP are professional (i.e., they get PAID to entertain us) broadcasters and this is a messageboard where we consumers can bitch about their products if we so choose. This whole "if you can't do it, shut up" argument is beyond lame. These sports radio guys make their livings criticizing, ripping, and blasting athletes and fellow broadcasters and we're supposed to back off if we don't like their fucking show? Uh, no, don't think so. Hey, Scorehead, don't like Meatpants? Feel free to say so every day and twice on Sundays if you want. I don't have to read your posts if I don't want to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:

:lol:

At the Salvation Army?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:
[

Why does Scorehead have to get behind a mic and do a show? If he gets a bad steak at the butcher, does he have to prove he can go out and raise cattle and process and pack meat before he complains about it? If he buys a television that doesn't work, does he have to go out and prove he can build a TV before he criticizes it?

terrible analogy. you're not paying for your radio service. that is, AM is free...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's

THRIFT SHOPS....Many Levels of Management

Gotta Move Product!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

no, but when I retire in a few years I want to work as a Greeter at Walmart :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:18 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Gotta Move Product!

This caller is the perfect example of why I have an extremely difficult time listening to B&B. Before the caller even disclosed the part about working at the thrift store, Boers called him "retarded" and told him "if you were my manager I would shoot myself in the head with a revolver". Completely uncalled for. I will listen to occasional stories about having to crap in random places than whatever you want to call what Boers does every day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
[

Why does Scorehead have to get behind a mic and do a show? If he gets a bad steak at the butcher, does he have to prove he can go out and raise cattle and process and pack meat before he complains about it? If he buys a television that doesn't work, does he have to go out and prove he can build a TV before he criticizes it?

terrible analogy. you're not paying for your radio service. that is, AM is free...

Wrong. No free lunch. The sponsors pay to advertise on the show and to get you to listen to their commercials. The cost of advertising is built in to the price of their products.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm 

spanky wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Gotta Move Product!

This caller is the perfect example of why I have an extremely difficult time listening to B&B. Before the caller even disclosed the part about working at the thrift store, Boers called him "retarded" and told him "if you were my manager I would shoot myself in the head with a revolver". Completely uncalled for. I will listen to occasional stories about having to crap in random places than whatever you want to call what Boers does every day.

the hypocrisy of b&b is laughable ,remember Dick Juaron when they said his headset was playing elevator music ,he was foolish, a plain jane,vanilla coach , no fire ,didn't motivate his players and the bears players played just like his persona???? now they are making fun of a caller ,when they had the same point of view several years ago, thats why these two are real asswipes, an old grumpy man and a middle age man who thinks hes still a frat boy at college....i just think the listeners of both stations (wscr & wmvp) deserve better the the crap( no pun intended) that we listeners have to put up with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:43 pm 

Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Wrong. No free lunch. The sponsors pay to advertise on the show and to get you to listen to their commercials. The cost of advertising is built in to the price of their products.

YOU don't pay for it. YOU pay for the steak and all the other things you mentioned. you are not directly paying for AM radio. you wouldn't even be paying for the live stream on the internet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Forward Unto Dawn Mess Hall
I wouldn't completely throw the analogy out the window...regardless of whether or not the product is free, he's still a consumer and to try to dismiss his criticism simply because he can't do it himself seems a bit curious to me...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: ***
I think I could probably do it myself. For six figures I know I could. Beats the hell out of lawyers' hours. It even beats the hell out of law students' hours.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:48 am 

Home5licE wrote:
I wouldn't completely throw the analogy out the window...regardless of whether or not the product is free, he's still a consumer and to try to dismiss his criticism simply because he can't do it himself seems a bit curious to me...

you're not investing anything in free radio. you can listen to it if you want or you can change the channel. if you buy a TV or a steak, you are investing more than if you just turned your radio on in your car (which you also went out of your way to pay for). if you're a sponsor, then you have more of a reason to be invested.

you can criticize all you want; and i'm not saying it's right to say, "Hey YOU get behind the mic and do it!" but using an analogy like that doesn't work for me.

i think most sports radio here is bad, but there's not much choice unless you want to get satellite radio for more options. and if you want to criticize satellite radio using that analogy, it's more apt because you *are* paying for it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
You never struck me as the "hair splitting" type W_Z.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I've been listening to the Score quite a bit since Mac left ESPN.
B&B's show is the same everyday and I'm starting to get bored with it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:15 am 

Mac wrote:
I like the mask, by the way. Is that Bruins' netminder Gerry (or Gary) Cheevers?

It's spelled Gerry.

Is it Harry Lumley?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.

But at least it's a sports show. They're ALWAYS talking about sports. Only once in a while do they sprinkle in some non sports talk.
And they've got a whole new class of callers.
that Old man who snapped in 44-45 was hilarious. I was laughing my ass off when I heard that. I know it was stupid but it was funny.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
But sometimes I'd rather interesting movie or pop culture talk than boring, "you're a moron Mr. Caller" sports talk.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage

It happens. I've gone through that with them sometimes. The fact that the Bears are so bad it doesn't help matters. There's only so much they can say before it gets repetitive. I don't mind B&B or Mac taking a slight digression from sports at times like these. It helps break up the monotony.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 am 

Old Man River wrote:
[ It helps break up the monotony.

...Of all that hardcore dance that has gotten to be
A little bit out of control it's cool to dance
But what about the groove that soothes that moves romance
Give me a soft subtle mix
And if ain�t broke then don�t try to fix it
And think of the summers of the past
Adjust the base and let the alpine blast
Pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme
And put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime

City of Fools knows this one...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RPB quoting Will Smith lyrics = Hip Hop Fail

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Will Smith = Hip Hop Fail

Fixed

I respect women when I'm on a date, ha ha!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:57 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
RPB quoting Will Smith lyrics = Hip Hop Fail

It was a reference to Fools loving Boom! Shake the Room

But anyway I like Summertime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Old Man River wrote:
[ It helps break up the monotony.

...Of all that hardcore dance that has gotten to be
A little bit out of control it's cool to dance
But what about the groove that soothes that moves romance
Give me a soft subtle mix
And if ain�t broke then don�t try to fix it
And think of the summers of the past
Adjust the base and let the alpine blast
Pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme
And put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime

City of Fools knows this one...

dang...I shouldn't have let that info slip out...

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE THE ROOM!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

YOU don't pay for it. YOU pay for the steak and all the other things you mentioned. you are not directly paying for AM radio. you wouldn't even be paying for the live stream on the internet.

So should we all (radio hosts included) stop criticizing the Bears because (a) their games are available on "free" radio and over-the-air TV, and (b) we're not good enough to play in the NFL?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
No. But most of you should stop criticizing the Bears because you're football retarded. Let the adults talk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
FIRST TIME CALLER wrote:
the hypocrisy of b&b is laughable ,remember Dick Juaron when they said his headset was playing elevator music ,he was foolish, a plain jane,vanilla coach , no fire ,didn't motivate his players and the bears players played just like his persona???? now they are making fun of a caller ,when they had the same point of view several years ago...
I remember the "headset music" joke (I think Bernsie actually surmised he was listening to The Girl From Impanema)...the rest is imaginary radio.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next