It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: John Wall
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:56 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Mac wrote:
Should I know who he is? Yeah. Am I embarrassed I don't? No. What I get a kick out of is people telling me it's my job to know these things. Scanning my contract this morning to see if there's any language on college basketball requirements. My job is to keep people listening. Some hosts accomplish that by analyzing sports. Some hosts fail to do that by analyzing sports. My record is pretty good doing sport,s but more importantly, entertaining. I'll take what we did with the Hawks limo adventure over John Wall in the "who gets more listeners?" derby.

You're getting more and more like North (with a sprinkle of Boers) everyday and I don't even think you notice it. Sad.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:08 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Mac wrote:
Should I know who he is? Yeah. Am I embarrassed I don't? No. What I get a kick out of is people telling me it's my job to know these things. Scanning my contract this morning to see if there's any language on college basketball requirements. My job is to keep people listening. Some hosts accomplish that by analyzing sports. Some hosts fail to do that by analyzing sports. My record is pretty good doing sport,s but more importantly, entertaining. I'll take what we did with the Hawks limo adventure over John Wall in the "who gets more listeners?" derby.
Mac, I hate to say it, but that sounds like something Mike North would have spewed. Ignorance is not bliss. :shock:

I made my post without seeing yours. It's funny we saw the same thing.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah, that basketball talk really moves the meters doesn't it? :roll:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Mac wrote:
Mac, I hate to say it, but that sounds like something Mike North would have spewed. Ignorance is not bliss. :shock:

While that does sound eerily familiar to a Northie rant, I'll wait until I hear Mac bragging about bringing in sponsor $$$ before I fully jump on board with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah, that basketball talk really moves the meters doesn't it? :roll:

General basketball talk is one thing. A host now knowing easily the most hyped Freshman since Carmelo is another thing. I'll disagree with Mac that that is embarrassing, if he is attempting to convey himself as a sports fan.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:00 pm 

When your job is to talk sports it shouldn't be too much to ask a host making half a million to keep up with things that are going on in sports. Even if you don't watch the college game you would know about Wall from reading the papers or surfing the web. Hell if he listened to B&B he would know. It's pathetic! His attitude about these things makes me dislike him more as a host. How about being a professional? Holmes is the only host is the city whose knowledge of sports I respect less than Mac's. He is the epitome of a meat ball.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
HOVA wrote:
Holmes is the only host is the city whose knowledge of sports I respect less than Mac's.

Damn son.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm 

MAC! luv u buddy! fawk these guys. mike norph rulez 2! DONT YOU KNOW, WERE ON TRIAL NOOOOOOWWWW AND IF WE LOSE WERE GOIN STRAIGHT TO HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:07 pm 

I said I should have known who is. What the fuck you want from me, a pint of blood? You can choose to listen or not listen. If you're looking for a show that is steeped in college basketball discussion in January, have at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 pm 

I want a host that isn't lazy. I want a host that can talk all sports even if it is just for a couple mins. That isn't a lot to ask. I know there is some prep work that goes into every show. It would only take a couple mins of research to at least bs your way through a hoops question. Boers bs's his way through hockey talk and he is probably the laziest guy at WSCR.

Awesome.

Last edited by HOVA on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm 

Don't listen to this bullshit, Mac. Keep playing to your strengths and leave the basketball talk to the 'experts'.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm 

I'm not lazy.... I just don't give much of my sports viewing time to Kentucky basketball. Since when did I earn my stripes as a basketball analyst? You guys just need something to complain about. Somebody to be angry at. You've succeeded getting me angry in the process. Congrats. Now go jerk off to a John Wall highlight reel.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:43 pm 

It isn't just hoops either. You've become extremely lazy when it comes to all sports. A few years ago it was hard to decide if I was going to listen to MJH or B&B during the football season. Recently you've decided that you don't care about doing any homework on that sport. During the baseball season you've fallen in love with bashing the Cubs. I guess that sells. As a sports fan it's not really my thing. I'm not the host bashing type either. Just giving my 2 pennies.

FYI this is Nas.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm 

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, HOVA. I "work" 60-70 hours a week. Watching sports, reading about sports, talking about sports, writing sports, writing songs about sports, doing production. If you don't like what I do with that time then punch the fucking button and go some place else but don't fucking tell me about my work ethic. i'm a lot of things that aren't positive: impatient, intolerant, sometimes negative, sometimes rude, sometimes chemically irritable.... etc. Lazy is not among my negatives.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 pm 

Do we get to decide what we are or do others get to judge? Based on the fact that you've decided to ignore sports that are generally popular I see that as being lazy. I'm sure I dedicate far less time to sports and there are very few sports related topics that have come up over the past few years that I didn't feel I was more knowledgeable about. I'm sorry but I just don't hear the dedication like I did in the past. This opinion my be unique to me.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I wouldn't consider Mac lazy about all sports, just selectively uninformed, to which he's already readily admitted. The only difference between him and some other hosts is the others won't admit to being uninformed and would rather b.s. their way (oftentimes embarrassingly so) through a topic they know little to nothing about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:02 pm 

Not sure what you're trying to get at Nas as sports fans, we all have our favorite sports and we all have sports that we either don't care for or don't pay attention to as much for whatever reason. Mac is the same as the rest of us in that regard and admits so.

As far as it being his job, we all have our own areas of strength in our own jobs, and we all have parts of our jobs that we pay more attention to. I don't spend equal amounts of time on all facets of my job, nor am I as interested in all parts of my job. Again, it's no different for Mac in that regard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
To expect any sports host to be an expert in every sport is ridiculous. If Mac's show isn't going to focus on it, and he isn't a fan of it, I see no reason to "expect" him to know anything.

That being said (also going back to my initial point)... Mac, you should check his game out. I'm not the biggest College Hoops fan (outside of Wisco), but he is truly something special. He'll be around for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:08 pm 

I understand what you are saying CSFMB Guy but decided to ignore anything work related is lazy. If this was the first time I would give him a pass. It happens all the time though. Very few of us can just flat out ignore something that's important to our line of work. As a guy that has been selling something pretty much since I was old enough to vote I know how important it is to know enough about everything in your field so you can at least hold a conversation.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:09 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
To expect any sports host to be an expert in every sport is ridiculous. If Mac's show isn't going to focus on it, and he isn't a fan of it, I see no reason to "expect" him to know anything.

That being said (also going back to my initial point)... Mac, you should check his game out. I'm not the biggest College Hoops fan (outside of Wisco), but he is truly something special. He'll be around for a long time.

No one said be an expert. Having a thought isn't a lot to ask.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm 

spanky wrote:
Not sure what you're trying to get at Nas as sports fans, we all have our favorite sports and we all have sports that we either don't care for or don't pay attention to as much for whatever reason. Mac is the same as the rest of us in that regard and admits so.

As far as it being his job, we all have our own areas of strength in our own jobs, and we all have parts of our jobs that we pay more attention to. I don't spend equal amounts of time on all facets of my job, nor am I as interested in all parts of my job. Again, it's no different for Mac in that regard.

You're correct. We all do have our favorite sport(s). That being said if we were getting paid to talk sports we would probably pay attention to sports that we don't like. Even if you aren't interested in a certain part of your job you will more likely than not at least learn something about it.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm 

mac... almost everyone that posts on this board is human garbage. you really shouldnt even waste your time trying to explain anything here. just make fun of them, or let me do it. its like trying to talk to a female cat and expecting an intelligent verbal answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:13 pm 

spanky wrote:

:lol: If it was Boers who did not know about Wall, you would be ripping him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:15 pm 

HOVA wrote:

You're correct. We all do have our favorite sport(s). That being said if we were getting paid to talk sports we would probably pay attention to sports that we don't like. Even if you aren't interested in a certain part of your job you will more likely than not at least learn something about it.

i dream about charging up my 18v NiMH milwaukee cordless sawzall and sharpening the blade on your neckbone. the gushing hole can be set underneath a cardboard box and used as a lava source for my kids science project. then i wake up and think "man i want to go back to sleep"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: *
If it bothers you that much, DON'T LISTEN!

Options man, Options(not Option 11)
Know your strengths and weaknesses, if you have a question about a police policy you sure aren't going to ask a painter.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
HOVA wrote:

i dream about charging up my 18v NiMH milwaukee cordless sawzall and sharpening the blade on your neckbone. the gushing hole can be set underneath a cardboard box and used as a lava source for my kids science project. then i wake up and think "man i want to go back to sleep"

I know your kids are very proud of you too. Thanks for letting me know.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:

Know your strengths and weaknesses, if you have a question about a police policy you sure aren't going to ask a painter.

Hearing this argument has become very tiring and annoying. If you tell enough people the same thing you will be out of work. I'm the type of guy that you WANT to listen I would think.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:23 pm 

I thought Mac was the type of guy that was receptive to a little constructive criticism. I guess I was wrong. He is the press the button type of guy.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: If it was Boers who did not know about Wall, you would be ripping him.

Actually, I'd rip Boers for trying to formulate a strong (probably negative) opinion about something that he clearly has no clue about. And then I'd hammer him again for repeatedly shoving that negative opinion down our throat despite the many facts that usually occur proving his opinion wrong and that he clearly had no knowledge of what he was talking about the entire time.

It's smarter, and quite frankly more refreshing, for a host to admit that they don't have an opinion or don't know about something rather than continuously fake it day in and day out. No host "knows" every sport, team, player as well as they know the sports that they are personally interested in or are specifically assigned to cover. Except Boers. He knows everything despite the fact he never attends games and only occasionally watches on TV.

Save the standard "it's an act" answer that you give. It doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: *
HOVA wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:

Hearing this argument has become very tiring and annoying. If you tell enough people the same thing you will be out of work. I'm the type of guy that you WANT to listen I would think.

Oh it's not an argument at all. Just saying you can't please everyone.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next