It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Once again today, Spiegel starts beating his drum in regards to going after someone after one of the Hawks go down. He also brought it up again on CTL. Is this all he knows about hockey...fighting and taking one of their guys out after they take one of our guys out? Spiegel...do yourself a favor...take out out your baseball chubby, put some Marconi's on it, and stuff it in your face. You know nothing about hockey. The Hawks are having a hard enough time playing defense right now when it's 5 on 5, they don't need to take stupid penalties right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Hey Krotch Clause Welcome to the Board now FUCK OFF!!! :D

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:13 pm 

When I watched CTL today, I realized that Meatpants looks like Bruce Jenner when he's sitting next to Brad Biggs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm 

You're making me feel all warm & fuzzy!! Thanks for the welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
spanky wrote:
When I watched CTL today, I realized that Meatpants looks like Bruce Jenner when he's sitting next to Brad Biggs.

Maybe old Bruce Jenner. Modern day Bruce Jenner looks like a marionette. Nice plastic surgeon choice Brucey.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm 

Spiegel had a little Charlie Weis "front butt" going on as well. He knows baseball...I'll give him that, but knows nothing about hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: *
koach klaus wrote:
You're making me feel all warm & fuzzy!! Thanks for the welcome!

No problem I have that effect on women

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
spanky wrote:

I didn't realize that someone actually watched that show. Has it gotten any better over the past years?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm 

A7X wrote:
spanky wrote:

Maybe old Bruce Jenner. Modern day Bruce Jenner looks like a marionette. Nice plastic surgeon choice Brucey.

I was talking about their comparative girth. Maybe I should have said Shawn Bradley in stead of Jenner?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
spanky wrote:
A7X wrote:
spanky wrote:

I was talking about their comparative girth. Maybe I should have said Shawn Bradley in stead of Jenner?

Oh ok. I get the cut of your jib.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm 

It's marginally better than Monsters & Money....it's interesting to tune in and see who the guest are. B&B said that there must be a pie eating contest on CTL today because of who the guest were.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
A7X wrote:
spanky wrote:
A7X wrote:

Oh ok. I get the cut of your jib.

You're the one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
koach klaus wrote:
Once again today, Spiegel starts beating his drum in regards to going after someone after one of the Hawks go down. He also brought it up again on CTL. Is this all he knows about hockey...fighting and taking one of their guys out after they take one of our guys out? Spiegel...do yourself a favor...take out out your baseball chubby, put some Marconi's on it, and stuff it in your face. You know nothing about hockey. The Hawks are having a hard enough time playing defense right now when it's 5 on 5, they don't need to take stupid penalties right now.

Let me add that not one sports talk host in this town needs to apologize for not knowing shit about hockey?

I wonder why anyone gave a shit about the Hawks over the past 30 years, for an owner that just shit on you. Wirtz made no effort to even appear to be trying to win. This team was like the Clippers of the NHL. An owner that could afford anything he needed, but just kept the team for his own amusement, regardless of winning or losing. Kept the same old Wes Pulford and Bob Unsel for years just because.

I think Spiegs, Silvy, Bernstein, Boers, Waddle, etc are all trying to learn more about a sport that has been dormant for 30 years and if they dont know every little nuance, tough shit, you should know why.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 am 

welcome to the board, klaus.

do you know anything about sports bikes?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
I wonder why anyone gave a shit about the Hawks over the past 30 years, for an owner that just shit on you. Wirtz made no effort to even appear to be trying to win. This team was like the Clippers of the NHL..

Couldn't the same be said of your beloved Cubs and the Tribune Company?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
I wonder why anyone gave a shit about the Hawks over the past 30 years, for an owner that just shit on you. Wirtz made no effort to even appear to be trying to win. This team was like the Clippers of the NHL..

Chus this is one of the oldest arguements "Same thing could be said about the Cubs"

They always made a faint effort to win, even during the Andy Era and they shoved the $30-$40 mill profit in the drawer they always had about the 9th highest payroll. No doubt they could have done more but the HUGE difference was that they are a public company that needed profits to justify existance. World Series don't mean shit for stock prices.

The Hawks had 1 guy deciding just not to spend the money , or put them on TV, for no other reason then he wanted to keep his money and not TRY to win.

No way Wirtz shitting on Fans was equal to the Cubs frugality!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If Sammy Sosa didn't juice and become a slugger that commanded that much money, the Cubs NEVER would have had that high of a payroll.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: ------
spanky wrote:

Bruce Jenner is in the starting 5 for the guys who look like old lesbians team...

Also on the squad but not pictured Harry Tienowitz

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Chus this is one of the oldest arguements "Same thing could be said about the Cubs"

They always made a faint effort to win, even during the Andy Era and they shoved the $30-$40 mill profit in the drawer they always had about the 9th highest payroll. No doubt they could have done more but the HUGE difference was that they are a public company that needed profits to justify existance. World Series don't mean shit for stock prices.

The Hawks had 1 guy deciding just not to spend the money , or put them on TV, for no other reason then he wanted to keep his money and not TRY to win.

No way Wirtz shitting on Fans was equal to the Cubs frugality!

No doubt that Wirtz is unmatched in that area, but it was a fitting analogy.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
bigfan wrote:
I think Spiegs, Silvy, Bernstein, Boers, Waddle, etc are all trying to learn more about a sport that has been dormant for 30 years and if they dont know every little nuance, tough shit, you should know why.

Dormant for 30 years? That's not even close to true for the Blackhawks, let alone the rest of the NHL.
Blackhawks made the Stanley Cup playoffs every year for almost 30 years from the late 1960's to the late 1990's and then they made the playoffs again in 2002.

And recall that Spiegs is from New Jersey, which the Devils won a Stanley Cup or two in Spiegs adult sports fan lifetime.

And didn't Spiegel just move back from LA (which has 2 perennial playoff hockey franchises and no NFL to compete with the early NHL season)?

It's nothing to do with the the Blackhawks fairly recent futility, which was really only from 2003 to 2007 (when the old man died). These guys were never hockey fans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Phil McCracken wrote:
spanky wrote:

Bruce Jenner is in the starting 5 for the guys who look like old lesbians team...

Also on the squad but not pictured Harry Tienowitz

Bruce Jenner is the point guard, and Ed Farmer made his first team photo as a bench guy.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Image + Image = Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I like the way the pictures get bigger along the y-axis. It really captures the escalating nature.