It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow. I can't believe none of you posted this. I just checked out the podcast and Mac said they're both back. He said that he and Spiegal are tied together, that he and Spiegs are doing good numbers, that the station, as a whole, has never been healthier, and that they are both getting another one year "recession" contract. Mac said this at about 11:20ish.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
"Recession contract" hahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I was in and out all morning with meetings, but I'm glad to hear it. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

CSFMB is the reason Mac revealed this info. Mac read the speculation here and felt the need to say it. CSFMB breaks another story. He did say that him and Spiegs are "soon to be stamped" with another one year deal. So it hasn't happened yet. But Mac sounded very confident when he said this.

Somebody here heard it I'm sure. I'm ashamed of those people for not posting it. You guys don't know a story when it hits you in the face. :lol: I only found it cuz I wanted to hear the conversation about the board. I wonder how much other good stuff doesn't get posted. Do I have to do everything around here?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

WOW.

"Will be getting a new Recession Contract" and signing a new contract are two separate things.

....and stating he said this BECAUSE of the message board is also very presumptious.

I heard it today, but didn't really feel it was 'news' as I was distracted by the oral handjobs going around the studio about how great everybody's performance and ratings were. I thought I tuned into the Stuart Smalley Radio Hour.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
No new long term contracts are going to be issued by the SCORE until after the NBA/NFL 2011 season lockouts are resolved. So a 1 year contract makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
[quote="Beef Rockmore"
I was distracted by the oral handjobs .[/quote]

Wouldn't that just be a bj then? Or is an oral handjob something else?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beef Rockmore wrote:
WOW.

"Will be getting a new Recession Contract" and signing a new contract are two separate things.

.... I thought I tuned into the Stuart Smalley Radio Hour.

The so-called recession contract is now the new standard contract. The big money deals are gone for a very long time.
BTW, The Stuart Smalley Radio Hour would be more entertaining. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: lou's
The next question is how long until Jurko is added to the Dan McNeil Variety Show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

David Spada needs to now tell us where he got his bad "Larry and Koslowski are going to be the new 9-1 show" info. We demand answers!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: sausage
McNeil wants afternoons. Rosen needs to find a way to push Boers out to make this happen. Rosen is a huge McNeil supporter and will do whatever he needs to keep McNeil happy. Just because their resigning doesn't mean they will stay together or on the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

spadaesq wrote:
McNeil wants afternoons. Rosen needs to find a way to push Boers out to make this happen. Rosen is a huge McNeil supporter and will do whatever he needs to keep McNeil happy. Just because their resigning doesn't mean they will stay together or on the same time.

Nooooooooo!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac's numbers are good. More important, the station is good across the board, which is the real goal.

not sure why anyone, even the haters, thought they would not be back?

Next year we can shake it up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mitch needs to grow a set & stop letting the on air talent dictate who they work with.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Scorehead wrote:
Mitch needs to grow a set & stop letting the on air talent dictate who they work with.

Yes. The Program Director should force a coupling because he thinks it's best for the station. You actually sound like you work in radio. Just when I thought we were getting along JK. Dammit!

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 am 

Drop In wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Yes. The Program Director should force a coupling because he thinks it's best for the station. You actually sound like you work in radio. Just when I thought we were getting along JK. Dammit!

There is always a balance that a manager & leader must consider when putting a team together & gathering input from the grunts. Mitch let both North & Mac choose their partners & they both made poor decisions in my opinion. And Terry Boers is allowed to bitch & moan about Mitch's on air decisions, while Murph was branded as a shit disturber & lost his gig. Not a day goes by on this board without someone (myself included) posting about Goff or Drinky getting more air time. I don't think Mitch has the nads necessary to make the tough decisions & tell Boers to STFU.
As for Meatpant's, he is playing out of position at the Score.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Scorehead wrote:

Completely disagree.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:27 am 

Mitch DOES have to give his blessing on sub hosts. I suggest and he approves or vetos. In the summer and fall, he wasn't on board with Goff, but I kept pushing and finally he said yes. It then became my responsibility to make it sound good enough to try again. I guess it did because Mitch is a proponent now. I've liked the sound of it, too, and it's my want to have "The Three Man Weave" with Jason and Vandy almost every time Spiegs is away. More thoughts... more diverse interests... more of a lot of things than with one other guy. Why two subs instead of just one? It sounds more like a party. Plus, they both are two up-and-comers who get more flight miles when they share the ride with me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Will you addresss David Spada's speculation Mac? Are you the one "policitcing" for day-part changes like Jim O'Donnell reported in the Sun-Times?

Not to get all Godfather on you but...Tattaglia's a pimp. He never coulda outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day, that it was McNeil all along.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac wrote:
Mitch DOES have to give his blessing on sub hosts. I suggest and he approves or vetos. In the summer and fall, he wasn't on board with Goff, but I kept pushing and finally he said yes. It then became my responsibility to make it sound good enough to try again. I guess it did because Mitch is a proponent now. I've liked the sound of it, too, and it's my want to have "The Three Man Weave" with Jason and Vandy almost every time Spiegs is away. More thoughts... more diverse interests... more of a lot of things than with one other guy. Why two subs instead of just one? It sounds more like a party. Plus, they both are two up-and-comers who get more flight miles when they share the ride with me.

Just like in the real game. 3 Man weave hard to run when you only do it once in awhile.

And J Goff does go back to old J Goff ways when in the 3 man weave. Not as relaxed as when it is the cool cat J goff show

It took some time for the Saloon 3 man crew to come together, but it did and it was strong.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
The more I hear Goff and Drinky, the more I think they are really good.
Goff mixes it up with some great humor and Drinky has the ultra cool ANTI-Hooterville sound about him.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I was an early critic of Jason. Once he got away from the lush, he has developed his style very nicely.
Drinky is a painful listen solo, but isn't bad with The Diddler.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
This really isn't a surprise...no brainer (referring to original post, not the fill ins thing).

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 am 

Beardown wrote:
.....I just checked out the podcast and Mac said they're both back. He said that he and Spiegal are tied together, that he and Spiegs are doing good numbers, that the station, as a whole, has never been healthier,...

Tacos!!!......and Samiches!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 am 

Mac wrote:

Goff is an up and comer.

Vandy sounds like he's doing a Mac impression the whole time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm 

Mac wrote:

I would love to hear a permanent three man weave & no Spiegel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The question I have out of all of this is why Mac has this unbreakable bond with Spiegal, but when the suits and North busted up the entire Score line up in '99, where was this solidarity when The Heavy Fuel Crew was blown up? HVC was a far superior show compared to the Danny Mac Show. Maybe Mac and Boers were done with each other anyway and didn't care?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm 

koach klaus wrote:
The question I have out of all of this is why Mac has this unbreakable bond with Spiegal, but when the suits and North busted up the entire Score line up in '99, where was this solidarity when The Heavy Fuel Crew was blown up? HVC was a far superior show compared to the Danny Mac Show. Maybe Mac and Boers were done with each other anyway and didn't care?

I think Mac looks at Spiegel as a passive personality that he can give direction to & Meat will say yes sir & follow orders without much of a challenge.
I don't remember Mac & Meat even working together before, unless Meat was Macs producer many years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I think Mac just enjoys his cackling laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Who wants to listen to two guys yuck it up and agree on most everything? I'm with Beef Rockmore on this one....from 9-1...I'm turning on the Sirius radio. I'm not suggesting they find another Tiny to pair him up with...been there, done that. It really sucks because I enjoyed Mac on the radio, whether it would be HVC or MJH. I can't even get a laugh from the show. I don't know....maybe when Mac gets his "recession-less contract", he can turn off the cruise control.