It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The guy calls in sick or takes a day off at least once a week. He really must hate his job. No other explanation I can come up with unless he's got the aids.

When is the last time Mac worked a full 2 weeks in a row? Has that even happened in 2010?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
To quote Jim Rome, "I take a lot of vacation time, because I have a lot of vacation time."

What is so hard to understand about that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Must be busy smoking cigars,cooking steaks,driving his Lexus with the top down,seeing close male friends naked accidently of course:>. In Indiana he must look like Blake Carrington to those backward mobile home livin' hillbillies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know. I don't understand why you guys cry about this. It's not exclusive to radio. Most people use all of their sick days and vacation days. Why? Cuz they can. Shut the hell up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Beardown wrote:
Shut the hell up.

Beardown, I wish some people would listen....you just don't know.....I hate people that don't know when to stop...you know anyone like that Beardown?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
I know. I don't understand why you guys cry about this. It's not exclusive to radio. Most people use all of their sick days and vacation days. Why? Cuz they can. Shut the hell up.

Here is a taste of the real world. I currently have 166 hours of vacation. I was forced to burn 40 off this year (had 206). I'm trying to use as little as possible,so when I get layed off,I get paid an extra month. Also,People who burn sick time for the hell of it usually get unemployed real fast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Here is a taste of the real world. I currently have 166 hours of vacation. I was forced to burn 40 off this year (had 206). I'm trying to use as little as possible,so when I get layed off,I get paid an extra month. Also,People who burn sick time for the hell of it usually get unemployed real fast.

That's you. Some people don't have to do it that way. Mac might have a little more security than you do. He also has more money in the bank than you do. Why don't you get that? So you're saying Mac has to be like you just cuz you want him to? Please. Plus Mac just said he's getting another year so he has that security. It's a contract. They have to pay him. He's different than you and you shouldn't cry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm 

So if you use all your vacation time you hate your job?

I didn't know just how miserable I was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I also live in the Real world James.

I get 3 weeks vacation.
My buddy who works at another firm gets 6.

We both take all our vacation and are not allowed to carry any over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah I never understood the thought behind hording vacation days and never taking them thats how you get burned out of your job very quickly.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 pm 

As with the day after the World Series, I would think days like the day after Opening Day in baseball and the NCAA championship would be ones that are highlighted on the calendar not to take off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown wrote:

My company pays a half day's pay for every sick day you have left at the end of the year, and what always kills me are the ones who call in sick because they have them are the same ones bitching in March when they don't get the extra check. And to RPB's point, depending on how long people are employed, we get anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks vacation (I'm currently at 3) with no carryover. Those same morons calling in sick hungover are the ones losing vacation days at the end of December.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's in North Riverside. Help me find one on the NW side. I've found good, not great.
I'm the only one here that doesn't have this Score Ebola virus. Jay, Shep and many others have had this thing which manifests itself in high fever and phlegm spewage. If I do get it, will it be alright if I take the day off??? Or does that mean I hate my job?? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: *
sjboyd0137 wrote:
My company pays a half day's pay for every sick day you have left at the end of the year

So they only pay you for half the day than? Are you not getting jipped for the other half or is this like a bonus on top of the full days sick pay you would get? Or can you carry over your sick pay?

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Affordable Dave Miska wrote:
I'm the only one here that doesn't have this Score Ebola virus. Jay, Shep and many others have had this thing which manifests itself in high fever and phlegm spewage. If I do get it, will it be alright if I take the day off??? Or does that mean I hate my job?? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Try to infect "Team Bernstein". :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Free Ajent wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
My company pays a half day's pay for every sick day you have left at the end of the year

So they only pay you for half the day than? Are you not getting jipped for the other half or is this like a bonus on top of the full days sick pay you would get? Or can you carry over your sick pay?

Cannot carry over sick pay, but it's a damn nice bonus in March when that check shows up. While I agree that you are getting jipped for the other half's pay, I think the company looks at it as motivation to not friviously call in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Cannot carry over sick pay, but it's a damn nice bonus in March when that check shows up. While I agree that you are getting jipped for the other half's pay, I think the company looks at it as motivation to not friviously call in.

Don't know how it is motivation when you are losing out on $. Doesn't quite make sense to me, those are your days that you earn and you should be paid for the full day not half the day!!! If that was me, give me my $ now rather than having a check for half the day three months later.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:

Don't know how it is motivation when you are losing out on $. Doesn't quite make sense to me, those are your days that you earn and you should be paid for the full day not half the day!!! If that was me, give me my $ now rather than having a check for half the day three months later.[/quote]
If you work on a salary, it's HUGE motivation. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
It seems like Mac takes more unscheduled days off...like today, because he partied too much last night.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:58 pm 

You are only getting paid for half the time thou.Either I am missing something or you are getting shorted of 1/2 days pay for every day you don't take. :?

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
You are only getting paid for half the time thou.Either I am missing something or you are getting shorted of 1/2 days pay for every day you don't take. :?

No. He is getting a bonus equal to 1/2 a days pay for each sick day that he doesn't use. He is making money by not calling in, not losing money.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm 

Did someone say something? :P

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm 

all i know is spiegal tries to sound more like mac when he's not around. for the first couple of minutes i honestly didn't know mac was out.

rozner really should can the jokes. my god. the cult leader basketball league thing was *bad*.

and it's flavor aid, not koolaid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Mac was telling me yesterday during a smoke break that he wasn't feeling good, so I'm not that surprised.

This thread is NULL & VOID!!!

I'm starting to get the feeling the shakes just likes to start fights.

jimmypasta wrote:
Must be busy smoking cigars,cooking steaks,driving his Lexus with the top down,seeing close male friends naked accidently of course:>. In Indiana he must look like Blake Carrington to those backward mobile home livin' hillbillies.

:x I'll give you a mulligan on this, Jimmy. I haven't lived in a mobile home ever.
A one bedroom with cars on the blocks...yes. :wink: (not really)

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

Last edited by Eaglo Jeff on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:04 pm 

spanky wrote:

But you are only getting half of what is rightfully yours in the end. Maybe if they paid you the full day PLUS a 50% bonus then that would be real nice, and would encourage people not to skip work because they don't feel like coming in today. Even paying someone the full day plus a 10% bonus would be a nice gesture and would discourage ditching.

Scorehead wrote:
No. He is getting a bonus equal to 1/2 a days pay for each sick day that he doesn't use. He is making money by not calling in, not losing money.

Wrong. He is getting a half days pay for not using a sick day which would have given him a full days pay if he took one instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:

Look at it like this:

Scott Podsednik is going to make, say, $2 million this year, regardless of how many days he plays. If he were alotted 15 "sick/injury days" - yet they pay him 1/2 day's avg. pay at the end of the season for each one of thise he doesn't use, then he has an incentive not to take a day off with another tweaked hamstring.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
spanky wrote:

But you are only getting half of what is rightfully yours in the end. Maybe if they paid you the full day PLUS a 50% bonus then that would be real nice, and would encourage people not to skip work because they don't feel like coming in today. Even paying someone the full day plus a 10% bonus would be a nice gesture and would discourage ditching.

Scorehead wrote:

Wrong. He is getting a half days pay for not using a sick day which would have given him a full days pay if he took one instead.

Thanks DB at least you get what I was saying.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
spanky wrote:

But you are only getting half of what is rightfully yours in the end. Maybe if they paid you the full day PLUS a 50% bonus then that would be real nice, and would encourage people not to skip work because they don't feel like coming in today.

I think you don't understand. I will be paid "X" amount of dollars this year. That is my salary. I am also allowed to use "y" amount of sick days this year, at no cost to me. If I were offered any amount of extra $ at the end of the year in order to "cash in" my unused sick days, in theory I would be persuaded to use less sick days for minor ailments.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm 

I work for a German company & let me tell you, those Krauts have it figured out. Most of them get 10-12 weeks of vacation, they close the company down in August, & they get about 18 holidays.
Too bad we don't have the same vacation policy in the US.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I work for a German company & let me tell you, those Krauts have it figured out. Most of them get 10-12 weeks of vacation, they close the company down in August, & they get about 18 holidays.
Too bad we don't have the same vacation policy in the US.

sweet christmas...