It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mr. Reason wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've never been a huge fan, but I listen to the show all the time. I must like getting aggravated because I'd be a damn fool to listen otherwise. Unlike a lot of guys here, I understand how ridiculous it is to continually listen to shows that anger me enough to complain about them. But I do it anyway. And frankly, Mac has more manners than most of the guys who have addressed me here so far.

Hey Joe, welcome aboard. I think you'll find I am a student of Emily Post. I never have a cross word for anyone.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

A lifeline for bad sportsradio and/or a fading sports message board is major league baseball or football season.

Yaaaaaaaaaaawn to the rest of this time killing drivel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Thank you, Mr. Reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats all you got Kirk, really? Pretty lame even from you. What does liking a certain guitarist or band have to do with how smart you are or aren't?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:59 am 

I hope this thread is not a precursor of what to expect on May 1.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 am 

Darkside wrote:
it was like the worse 10 minutes I've ever seen anyone have here.

I beg to differ :o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've never been a huge fan, but I listen to the show all the time.

Medically speaking, known as "Northy-itis".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
If facebook is Mac's new choice for a medium than have at it. I never thought that Mac was the type of guy that wanted 15 guys blowing him at a time but thats all I see on his facebook page.

Mac: Im grilling right now ...blah blah blah...........

15 some odd responses... Hey Mac what time is dinner. Oh Ill be right over. Oh Mac your the best radio guy in Chicago and I bet a great cook. Fuck sakes people come up for air while your blowing Mac

I have to say I have made the switch to his show with Speigs, but I want to throw up everytime he posts something on facebook because he has a shit ton of guys trying to be his new best friend on there. The board is not dead, Mac's desire to read or hear criticism is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
If facebook is Mac's new choice for a medium than have at it. I never thought that Mac was the type of guy that wanted 15 guys blowing him at a time but thats all I see on his facebook page.

15 some odd responses... Hey Mac what time is dinner. Oh Ill be right over. Oh Mac your the best radio guy in Chicago and I bet a great cook. Fuck sakes people come up for air while your blowing Mac

I have to say I have made the switch to his show with Speigs, but I want to throw up everytime he posts something on facebook because he has a shit ton of guys trying to be his new best friend on there. The board is not dead, Mac's desire to read or hear criticism is.

Excellent post...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I hope this thread is not a precursor of what to expect on May 1.

Murph will be 60 on May 1st of this year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Of course that's why he loves facebook, he loves the whole concept of ALS. That's all the thin-skinned fool likes. It always has been more than obvious.
He's as lazy as they come and he hates being criticized. Remember the days of him defending Harry being on the show. He's the most over-rated sports guy in the city.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't get it. For the number of ass lickers there are just as many like you that feel need to be "anti Mac." Why? You are the same as them just in the other direction.He may not be as good as some of the ass kissers say he is but he is not nearly as bad as you claim him or want him to be.

While I don't believe good any good comes of facebook, I could see the benefits it may provide for him professionally. Has no control over the dipshits that log on to his page and blow him. And the few interactions I've had with him I'd say he has a more difficult time accepting a compliment than a criticism. If you think about it most of us on this board are the same way.

I believe he is open to suggestions and criticisms. Some of you guys log on here and attack him professionally & personally. Why should he or anybody else hang around for that shit?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:58 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I don't get it. For the number of ass lickers there are just as many like you that feel need to be "anti Mac." Why? You are the same as them just in the other direction.He may not be as good as some of the ass kissers say he is but he is not nearly as bad as you claim him or want him to be.

While I don't believe good any good comes of facebook, I could see the benefits it may provide for him professionally. Has no control over the dipshits that log on to his page and blow him. And the few interactions I've had with him I'd say he has a more difficult time accepting a compliment than a criticism. If you think about it most of us on this board are the same way.

I believe he is open to suggestions and criticisms. Some of you guys log on here and attack him professionally & personally. Why should he or anybody else hang around for that shit?

What Im saying is that by having a facebook account as your main source of interaction with your fans(or critics) isn't a great idea. I must be enough of a Mac ALSer to have him as a facebook friend. Im just saying that this board,among other things, provides a very broad picture of what his audience is and wants.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 am 

That post was directed at Sid, but since you responded let me ask you...

Do you think that this board also has a few assholes that say completely unacceptable things while hiding behind a computer screen and/or that some people continously bring up the same stupid "flaws" over and over and over again?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 am 

silvy's facebook page gets too much man action as well. i never comment or "like" because i get loaded with all the other comments by douchebags, like someone named "camps".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Well said, Spaulding.

His radio show (for the most part) entertains me and I happen to enjoy talking with the guy when the opportunity is there. If that makes me an ALS'er, so be it. I'd rather put forth time and energy toward something I like rather than waste it all on something I don't like.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:16 am 

Spaulding wrote:
That post was directed at Sid, but since you responded let me ask you...

Do you think that this board also has a few assholes that say completely unacceptable things while hiding behind a computer screen and/or that some people continously bring up the same stupid "flaws" over and over and over again?

I do think that this board has alot of assholes on here that love to hate Mac and want to see him fail. I think their over the top hatred for him is a bit much, but I think the other ones on here that provide their criticism of the show is justified. Myoriginal point was not to argue the point of assholes here or anywhere, it was just to say that im pretty sure Mac would be more succesful with this"new" show if he honestly listens to people's complaints. We might be a small minority of his listners but I am fairly sure we have a bit more to offer him than the reach around that people are providing him on facebook.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 am 

I don't like the current show and honestly would rather talk to some of his friends.

Quote:
Myoriginal point was not to argue the point of assholes here or anywhere, it was just to say that im pretty sure Mac would be more succesful with this"new" show if he honestly listens to people's complaints.

He's doing alright on his own. If he reads the constructive criticisms I'd think he is smart enough to process it and make decisions. I wouldn't come here often or participate as much if people treated me the way they treat him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 am 

yeah as much as i've tried...i really don't like it much, either. i just don't think spiegal fits. i see no chemistry between the two.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

So mac has turned into the resident Kip Drordy I see.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 am 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Facebook people blowing him? Mac could sit in silence for five hours and posters here would say it was the best show ever, there are ass lickers everywhere who are either friends of his or want to be. It is a good show, if you like it listen, if not dont. As far as this board being dead, maybe he thought all the multing and bitching at new posters for 20 pages was getting old and stupid. I am sure he is not the only one. Maybe it is because his section has less postings, is that due to less interest? Dont know, but as long as he is winning in the ratings I doubt he will care what 25-30 of us think, especially when the suggestions and criticisms are all over the board. Kind of like getting directions from crack addicts.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I would like to either see a list of these ass-lickers or know what constitutes one please.

because as far as I can tell....you'd have to not listen in order to be excluded from the coverage of the tongue umbrella.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Yeah I agree with Vincent Antonelli. All of this mult hunting and bitching at new members is utter nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 am 

W_Z wrote:
silvy's facebook page gets too much man action as well. i never comment or "like" because i get loaded with all the other comments by douchebags, like someone named "camps".

I told him a few weeks ago that I couldn't respond to his facebook updates anymore because my phone would not stop buzzing and it gets too annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

you can change that in your facebook account settings so you don't get an update for comments posted after yours.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: ***
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I would like to either see a list of these ass-lickers or know what constitutes one please.

because as far as I can tell....you'd have to not listen in order to be excluded from the coverage of the tongue umbrella.

There is a collection of meaty white guys that seem to have an almost sexual-obsession with all things Mac. He develops man-crushes, for whatever reason. You know it when you see it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
There is a collection of meaty white guys that seem to have an almost sexual-obsession with all things Mac. He develops man-crushes, for whatever reason. You know it when you see it.

:lol: I love IB..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Right, beacause nobody (especially on this board) seems to have a crush on any other Score host(s) :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Irish Boy wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

...then I guess I don't qualify.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Right, beacause nobody (especially on this board) seems to have a crush on any other Score host(s) :roll:

Uh, no, they really don't. Even OKC, for all the shit he takes about B&B, doesn't really post in that section anymore, doesn't post crap on their facebook pages, doesn't hang out with them, etc. There is no analogy that can be made.

Even for other hosts that write on the board, there are no similarities. There is no host of Ranger ass-lickers. There aren't guys that develop multiple monikers so that they can talk to Mac more than once in a single show. There aren't people that are absolutely guaranteed to rush to defend him no matter the circumstances.
Quote:
...then I guess I don't qualify.

No, I've never really thought of you as one of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next