It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
What a technical nightmare today's show must've been for Jay. :(

First, the show drops out three times. Shit happens. Can't help that.

Then there's a baby screaming at the top of his/her lungs during the show. By the way Spiegel, thought that was a bit much to say "Somebody shoot that baby". :shock: He or she just wanted to show their displeasure with the start of the Sox and Cubs season, ya know?
I know you were just kidding, but could you imagine if it were a new listener and how shocked they might've been to hear that? Audience change every 15 minutes.

Then we have the ultra serious sounding Masters Update guy letting us know about the leader board. Isn't Double Z enough for us to hear for us not that interested in golf, jeez! :roll:

To put the icing on the cake, we get no transition with B&B, the part I really enjoy. I'm guessing it was another technical issue, why else wouldn't they do it? Teddy Greenstein or Chet wasn't with them, right?

Enjoyed the show, what I heard of it, but what a train wreck today from a production aspect....worse than Sports Jeopardy, IMO :(

There, see what an asslicker I am everybody!!!!!! :eye: :cheese: :cyclopsani: :clown: :safe: :joker:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Whenever there are technical snafus like the ones Mac & Spiegs had today at the Boundary, it would behoove 670 The SCORE management to have people back at NBC Tower ready to go in the event something like what happened occurs. Producer Jay Zawaski did the best he could on short notice to keep things moving when things sounded very, very choppy on site.

As for those Westwood One updates from the Masters, John Tautges can read me the phone book for all I care. I think a big reason why The SCORE is airing hourly updates from Augusta, GA has a lot to do with a certain golfer named Tiger Woods and his first tournament since the accident & scandal in January, not to mention contractual obligations with the syndication arm of WSCR's parent company CBS.

By the way, Mac & Spiegs are scheduled to broadcast live from Wrigleyville's Red Ivy Monday 9a-1p in honor of the Cubs' home opener vs. the Brewers, also sponsored by Miller Lite. The technical snafus better not rear their ugly heads again! :x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The MacPhone just rang. Your card just got pulled...Grid and Frank will be over later to pick up your badge.
Sorry. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 pm 

SHARK wrote:
By the way, Mac & Spiegs are scheduled to broadcast live from Wrigleyville's Red Ivy Monday 9a-1p in honor of the Cubs' home opener vs. the Brewers, also sponsored by Miller Lite.

I will be there wearing this button, since my badge has been pulled. I don't want to be mis-identified.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm 

When Mac & Spiegs' transmission got choppy near the end of the 12Noon hour, Zawaski wrapped up the show. No Led Zeppelin, no transition w/Terry & Dan B., no nothing!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm 

SHARK wrote:
When Mac & Spiegs' transmission got choppy near the end of the 12Noon hour, Zawaski wrapped up the show. No Led Zeppelin, no transition w/Terry & Dan B., no nothing!

Thanks SHARK. I had popped on some Nerf Herder at that point. Brushing up on the lyrics to a song, "Pantera Fans In Love" that our band is doing.

I came back at 1:01 and heard the B&B open. What would we do without you?
SHARK=Grobber (I mean it as a compliment of course). :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:

I've noticed that when both shows (or in a lot of cases just B&B) are out and about, there is no transition. Seems like the soup cans and string can't be connected.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Pizza name was Harry quality material. Bad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm 

I have a mexican food name. It's Korlito. :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I've noticed that when both shows (or in a lot of cases just B&B) are out and about, there is no transition. Seems like the soup cans and string can't be connected.

That's not always true, SJ. I remember when Mac & Spiegs were live in Myrtle Beach, SC along with "Stuttering" Dan Hampton as part of a SCORE golf promotion and live broadcast last November, there wasn't any transition with Terry & Dan B. due to the ISDN lines. The guys somehow still did transition when Mac & Spiegs were live in Glendale, AZ with the White Sox at Spring Training, and I think they were going to do so this afternoon because those technical gremlins reared their ugly heads for a third and final time in the 12Noon hour. The daily crosstalk with the two shows are usually also a sponsored segment with the Bob Rohrman Auto Group covering the tabs. I'm reasonably sure Bob's bummed there was no transition, but SCORE management need to be prepared just in case there were technical glitches such as was the case today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Screaming baby followed closely by Speigs asking if someone could shoot said baby.

Great radio.

But that baby was really annoying. And also, why was a baby at a bar at 9am?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Screaming baby followed closely by Speigs asking if someone could shoot said baby.

Great radio.

Pictured Herman as said baby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac and Spiegel haven't had much luck lately on the remotes, remember when they couldn't go to a place a couple of weeks ago because of phone lines, I think Shark had said it was the ISDN line if I remember correctly.

Then the issues they had today, get to see what happens Monday.

On the crying baby, after Spigel said to shoot it, I wonder if Mac got a look or something that wasn't good, because they went to break pretty quickly, my guess just sent it to break to give the baby a chance to stop crying, but you wonder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
LOL, the kid was taken out back and shot. Or the parent(s)

Back in the not-so-long-ago days, they'd have George Offman, Jesse Rogers and Fred on hand, either of whom can (and did) take over as the emergency host when the remotes went kaput

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:

Great radio.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Even though it was more like 10:30 AM! And the Boundary is more Table like, but still, it's bar food!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 am 

Beebo wrote:
LOL, the kid was taken out back and shot. Or the parent(s)

Back in the not-so-long-ago days, they'd have George Offman, Jesse Rogers and Fred on hand, either of whom can (and did) take over as the emergency host when the remotes went kaput

Beebo, I know there are members of this board who probably don't want to hear it, let alone hear him, but Zach Zaidman was doing "Scoreboard Updates" Friday morning when the Boundary remote seemed to go bad, not once, twice, but on three occasions! I think SCORE management should've gone to "Plan B" and had ZZ pressed into service this past Friday to host a makeshift show due to the technical glitches at the Boundary...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 pm 

^
HELL NO!!!!
I'd rather hear Jay breaking in every 5 minutes than hear a ZZ solo show. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
^
HELL NO!!!!
I'd rather hear Jay breaking in every 5 minutes than hear a ZZ solo show. :roll:

I rather listen to dead air.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
reents wrote:
Mac and Spiegel haven't had much luck lately on the remotes, remember when they couldn't go to a place a couple of weeks ago because of phone lines, I think Shark had said it was the ISDN line if I remember correctly.

Then the issues they had today, get to see what happens Monday.

On the crying baby, after Spigel said to shoot it, I wonder if Mac got a look or something that wasn't good, because they went to break pretty quickly, my guess just sent it to break to give the baby a chance to stop crying, but you wonder.

I found that funny and awkward. He said it, Mac made a "what!?" noise/guffaw...Speigs then kept going with it until Mac cut him off and cut to break very quickly and suddenly.

It was either Speigs being a creep, the baby ruining the show or tech. difficulties.