It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
everything can be broken down into mathematical terms. EVERYTHING

I feel the hostility level on this board creeping up, ever so slowly, on a daily basis. How long before meltdown 2010?

spanky wrote:
I feel the hostility level on this board creeping up, ever so slowly, on a daily basis. How long before meltdown 2010?

18 days

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spanky wrote:

Don't you have a DVR'd Project Runway to watch?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im getting sick of this. You dont do anything on paper. Companies across numerous industries use Statistics to guage performance and predict future sucess or failure.

Company A can determine that worker 26 is less productive at "selling widgets" than worker 35. They dont need to watch them sell.

I know sports are a little more visual, but stats are not the enemy.

Thats a good counterpoint, but all I mean is stats can be wrong. IB maybe doesn't realize that because I think he really is a stubborn old grandmother, but stats can be wrong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
spanky wrote:

Stop pimping your reality show. We get it. Your on Tv. Congrats!

Krazy Ivan wrote:
spanky wrote:

You're out...

rogers park bryan wrote:
spanky wrote:

18 days

Go to hell - it's 19!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 am 

spanky wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
spanky wrote:

18 days

Go to hell - it's 19!

SIDE NOTE: I like Spaulding. I like Redneckmommy.

With that said, I have to give SHAKES credit. He's a straight shooter who treats everyone the same.

Im sorry but that Polish thread was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:37 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
spanky wrote:

Isn't there some board event you've committed to that you shouldn't show up to right now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Im sorry but that Polish thread was hilarious.

I'm not sorry. It was in terribly bad taste but it was still hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Im getting sick of this. You dont do anything on paper. Companies across numerous industries use Statistics to guage performance and predict future sucess or failure.

Company A can determine that worker 26 is less productive at "selling widgets" than worker 35. They dont need to watch them sell.

I know sports are a little more visual, but stats are not the enemy.

Thats a good counterpoint, but all I mean is stats can be wrong. IB maybe doesn't realize that because I think he really is a stubborn old grandmother, but stats can be wrong.

Explain how "stats can be wrong". All they are is a record of what has happened in the past. They can be compiled wrong, but that's just error.

That doesn't mean that all stats are valuable. They're not. Some are better than others. Some need to be interpreted. Some are only partly explanatory. Some explain the past better than the future. Some are better for predection than others. But "stats" are just a recording of the past. Arguing that "stats are wrong" is arguing that the past didn't happen, or that you can't use that evidence as a prediction of the future. And arguing that people that use stats have some slavish devotion to the numbers is saying that you are too lazy or dumb to follow arguments more nuanced that what Mariotti or Mac give you on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 am 

i agree with you what you're saying IB, but stats can generally be manipulated to make whatever point the person trying to the point wants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

OK IB. Let me just end this now by saying that I'm wrong, and I'm an idiot, and you are right just like you always are, always have been, and apparently always will be.

Let me just saunter my toothless fat ass over to a dive bar in Alsip where I can drink 12 High Lifes and watch the Sox get beat up by the Jays in peace.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:43 am 

Bagels wrote:
i agree with you what you're saying IB, but stats can generally be manipulated to make whatever point the person trying to the point wants

89% of Bagels posts contain the word "you". Looks like a lot of finger pointing, sir...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 am 

Bagels wrote:

Then people should have an argument on those terms. If you think a number is bad, come up with a better one. Or explain why it is not explanatory (as I do all the time, especially in regards to football defense, where I think stats are almost useless in their current state). But i hate when people use this semi-illiterate "stats don't account for fire and passion, geek boy" macho nonsense.
Quote:
OK IB. Let me just end this now by saying that I'm wrong, and I'm an idiot, and you are right just like you always are, always have been, and apparently always will be.

Oh, stop being a whiny diva. You give it just fine when you want to. If you are going to spew uninformed nonsense, then you'll get called on it. And yes, I made fun of the White Sox and their fans. Grow a fucking set. It's a sports message board.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm sorry, I'm going to need to see some numbers in order to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Bagels wrote:

89% of Bagels posts contain the word "you". Looks like a lot of finger pointing, sir...

it's easier than accepting blame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:16 pm 

i'm a very bad man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm 

Bagels wrote:
i'm a very bad man

Hoyt: You came a long way to be here today, haven't you?

Babu: Yes, all the way from Pakistan.

Hoyt: And what's your connection to the defendant?

Babu: I owned a restaurant. Seinfeld told me to change the menu to Pakistani. But nobody came! There were no people.

Hoyt: And then what happened?

Babu: Then, he got me an apartment in his building. But they mixed up the mail. And I never got my immigration renewal papers. So they deported me. It's all his fault. Him. And the woman. But they did not care. They're totally indifferent. All they do is mock me, just like they did the fat fellow. All the time. Mocking, mocking, mocking, mocking, mocking. All the time! Now it is Babu's turn to mock. Finally I will have some justice. Send them away! Send them all away! Lock them up forever! They are not human. Very bad! Very, very, very bad!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:39 pm 

I feel I need to clarify a little more. I apologize to spanky and Spaulding for posting again in this thread.

I think you are taking my statement a little too personally Spaulding. How do you think it would be taken if Frank C. made the post "I get the feeling that you think I'm a complete ditz"? He'd never hear the end of it. It doesn't mean that people don't take your posts seriously. It doesn't mean that people don't respect your opinions. I wouldn't waste my time with your posts if I didn't find them interesting enough to respond to. That's why it gets so tiresome when you play the "You just dislike me, Cutler, XXXXXXX" stuff. Even now, it's the whole "he just argues to argue" which really doesn't make sense anyways. Do people argue not to argue?

It has never been personal with any poster on here. It's not personal with you. There is only one poster who has blurred that line with me but I'm not going to get that emotionally invested in it. Maybe it's just because I have a unique viewpoint being involved in our discussions but I can't remember any other poster on this site who has constantly mentioned the emotional personal feelings of the other poster. I've said it before, but even when I argue roughly the same topics with Frank as you I don't get the "you just don't like me" stuff. It doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinions. It doesn't mean that I dislike you. It just means that I think you get away with certain ways of arguing that others don't or couldn't. Even after I've explained to you multiple times how it's nothing personal you continue to say that it is. Given that I've done it multiple times I have to start believing that you are in fact "playing the victim". That's annoying to me especially when at least in my opinion, you are attempting to project things on to me that are unfair.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Let's get this thread back on the rails, shall we?

Mac sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:52 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Let's get this thread back on the rails, shall we?

Mac sucks.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think Mac sucks.... It just sounds like he doesn't give a crap. He might as well be doing the show from his house on an ISDN line, it just sounds like a very pedestrian radio show, like the one his bosses wanted when he was at ESPN. It's so funny that he does an ESPN-type show on the Score and he did a Score-type show on ESPN. Maybe he can get his balls back from Chunga when he gets his "recession-proof" contract.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I have not listened in awhile but did today (4/12). I thought it was a very enjoyable listen. Not a big golf fan but still liked Mac's & Meat's spin on things. They had a lot of fine guests,too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
There is way too much nitpicking about this show (and any show for that matter), IMO. Just give it a listen.
If you enjoy it, then good. If not, then (insert overused abbreviation).

I suppose that's what this board is for though so who am I carpin'? :oops:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
There is way too much nitpicking about this show (and any show for that matter), IMO. Just give it a listen.
If you enjoy it, then good. If not, then (insert overused abbreviation).

I suppose that's what this board is for though so who am I carpin'? :oops:

That is what the board is for. Although it might be lost amongst the posts on deer necrophilia and boredom threads about different positions in which to fellate Tiger Woods, this board is, at least nominally, about criticizing sports radio (as the Chicago Sports Bike board reminded us so eloquently). I absolutely do not understand the tendency of some on here to go onto a board that exists to criticize sports radio, then write "stop criticizing my BFF host." God knows we don't talk about sports on here. Either ignore it when you think the criticism is beneath response, or respond when you feel the criticism is well argued, or agree when you feel the criticism is justified.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

See IB, you just prove yet again that you are right. I mean, how can we argue with this sort of lucid, intelligent, well thought out criticism:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac sucks.

Especially when we read it time and time and time again, it must be right!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next