It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The SCORE will complete it's evolution to God-awful radio when Les Grobstein is hosting a show with George Castle as they ramble on about baseball stats and days gone by from 7AM to 6PM Sunday through Saturday.

The name's Rockmore. Beef Rockmore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Mac is off tomorrow, likely to lose a lot of $$$$ on the Kentucky Derby, and guess who sits in tomorrow with Spiegs between 9a-1p? As Bears' head coach Lovie Smith would say, "Laurence, Laurence, Laurence!!!" Folks, you've been warned...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
PTFB time tomorrow!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Apologist wrote:
PTFB time tomorrow!

I'll be very switchy, at least. Might be busy doing laundry as well.....oh wait...new furnace guy is coming.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
SHARK wrote:
As Bears' head coach Lovie Smith would say, "Laurence, Laurence, Laurence!!!" Folks, you've been warned...

Didn't you type this exact same thing in a different thread? . . . or maybe I'm confused.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Every thread here runs together for me a little. There are like 50 folders. I can't keep track of them all.

Yes, sports talk radio has to be personality-driven, because talk radio is an active listening experience that dupes you into feeling connections with people you don't really know, and to only talk about sports would be very dull and pointless. There's a wealth of places on the internet to get pure data or in-depth analysis; to use radio for that sort of thing is a waste of the medium akin to using Zeppelin CDs as coasters.

The conspicuous consumption angle that bothers most of you isn't quite as evident, but if you think Boers & Bernstein isn't in some sense "about" Boers & Bernstein, you're misled.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
Every thread here runs together for me a little. There are like 50 folders. I can't keep track of them all.

Yes, sports talk radio has to be personality-driven, because talk radio is an active listening experience that dupes you into feeling connections with people you don't really know, and to only talk about sports would be very dull and pointless. There's a wealth of places on the internet to get pure data or in-depth analysis; to use radio for that sort of thing is a waste of the medium akin to using Zeppelin CDs as coasters.

The conspicuous consumption angle that bothers most of you isn't quite as evident, but if you think Boers & Bernstein isn't in some sense "about" Boers & Bernstein, you're misled.

Forget the 50 folders & the board index. The best way to use this site is by using the "View new posts" feature in the upper right corner.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
to use radio for that sort of thing is a waste of the medium akin to using Zeppelin CDs as coasters

That's actually an A+ idea

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 pm 

Tuned back into the show a bit ago, and realized that the bigger problem might not be McNeil making the show all about him - but meatpants stumbling all over himself to fawn and laugh his ass of over Dan's commentary/stories/horrible puns and bad singing. I have no idea if he ever listens back to the show via podcast, but he can't feel clean after a day's work of licking McNeil's butt the way he does.

Oh, and the Dan Jiggets impersonation during Sports Jeopardy was really, really funny. :shock: Maybe if they do it more, it'll get funnier. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I know Frank can't wait for me to weigh in on this.....

It's obvious that Meatpants was chosen for his low salary demands and his constant licking of Mac's balls. Guess Frank and Stu-Gotz didn't want to give up their day jobs. They would have been perfect and probably would have worked for free. I picture Stu having a voice like High Pitch Eric on Stern's show.

Mac does not do one single thing with the listeners in mind. Mac is Mac. He thinks that sells, and blames the recession for his small contracts and mid day assignments.

I could give a crap about some woman at a gas station. But, Mac knows he has a small band of ALS types that would want to check the TP after he wipes his ass. HE can throw any piece of shit show out there and the same band of merry men would hang on every word.

The thing that Mac completely misses as there is a wide open spot in Chicago for a likeable every man. He could be making SO much money it's ridiculous. A Harry Carey type. But Mac as Mackeyfish, just isn't likable to the larger masses.

It would be so easy.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Harry Seaward wrote:
Tuned back into the show a bit ago, and realized that the bigger problem might not be McNeil making the show all about him - but meatpants stumbling all over himself to fawn and laugh his ass of over Dan's commentary/stories/horrible puns and bad singing. I have no idea if he ever listens back to the show via podcast, but he can't feel clean after a day's work of licking McNeil's butt the way he does.

Oh, and the Dan Jiggets impersonation during Sports Jeopardy was really, really funny. :shock: Maybe if they do it more, it'll get funnier. :roll:

I don't know Harry. Not a lot of ass kissing going on as Spiegs and Mac disagreed about the best way to motivate someone who has a weight problem. Spiegs jumped on Mac (unfairly IMO) indicating the wrong way to get someone to lose weight is to insult them or make them feel bad about their weight. Mac had just said that he had people close to him that pointed out he had an issue and insinuated they got on him about it and he took it to heart. Spiegs overreacted IMO. Pretty uncomfortable radio.

Meh...who cares. Each show I listen to has some aspect that I appreciate and some aspect that turns me off. My taste can vary daily depending on mood, inebriation level etc. None of the shows on air are as painful as Holmes/Hampton, so I will take my good and PTFB if approaching bad.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I could give a crap about some woman at a gas station. But, Mac knows he has a small band of ALS types that would want to check the TP after he wipes his ass. HE can throw any piece of shit show out there and the same band of merry men would hang on every word.

The thing that Mac completely misses as there is a wide open spot in Chicago for a likeable every man. He could be making SO much money it's ridiculous. A Harry Carey type. But Mac as Mackeyfish, just isn't likable to the larger masses.

It would be so easy.

You talk about Mac like he's some cautionary tale of what not to do in radio. He's the namesake of a show currently winning it's time slot in one of the biggest media markets in the entire country. Clearly his style is appealing to more than a 'small band of ALS types. I do agree with some of your critiques about him, but no one on the radio is without flaws.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:49 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

It would be so easy.

You talk about Mac like he's some cautionary tale of what not to do in radio. He's the namesake of a show currently winning it's time slot in one of the biggest media markets in the entire country. Clearly his style is appealing to more than a 'small band of ALS types. I do agree with some of your critiques about him, but no one on the radio is without flaws.

His flaws, and the fact that he doesn't try to hide them is what makes him interesting.
Del Griffith said it best:
Quote:
You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Northside_Dan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

It would be so easy.

He's beating MVP, not a mass market time slot.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Guess Frank and Stu-Gotz didn't want to give up their day jobs. They would have been perfect and probably would have worked for free. I picture Stu having a voice like High Pitch Eric on Stern's show.

At least Frank and I have jobs as your too fucken stupid to be employed and you'd rather be on the Obama plan and suck off message board assclowns who post thoughts on shows you don't even listen too. With these cogent thoughts you are quailified to pick up elephant shit at the Ringling Brothers shows. Im sure you held that position at one time but you were fired for offering to drive young boys around it the clown car.

That fact you picture me doing anything leads me to belive that you more than likly print out my posts and pleasure yourself with them and all the time listening to and enjoying Mac;s show. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
beni hanna wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

I don't know Harry. Not a lot of ass kissing going on as Spiegs and Mac disagreed about the best way to motivate someone who has a weight problem. Spiegs jumped on Mac (unfairly IMO) indicating the wrong way to get someone to lose weight is to insult them or make them feel bad about their weight. Mac had just said that he had people close to him that pointed out he had an issue and insinuated they got on him about it and he took it to heart. Spiegs overreacted IMO. Pretty uncomfortable radio.

Each person finds motivation in their own way. Some (perhaps Mac) are okay with someone giving them blunt remarks, that point out their flaws. Similarly, some athletes can respond well to a coach who yells and screams at them (Bob Knight) and points out their every mistake. Others (Meatpants) do not respond well to people that are too critical and are just too sensitive for that way of motivating others. they need positive reinforcement and encouragement. I always liked the Bobby Knight types. To me, coaches that yelled and screamed, just really cared about the game they were coaching. They cared so much about getting the best out of you, that they got more emotional. But I know lots of people that would disagree. Spiegal does seem to have issue with dan about his weight and what I think he percieves as Dan's attempt to get him to join him more in a commitment to excellence.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Guess Frank and Stu-Gotz didn't want to give up their day jobs. They would have been perfect and probably would have worked for free. I picture Stu having a voice like High Pitch Eric on Stern's show.

At least Frank and I have jobs as your too fucken stupid to be employed and you'd rather be on the Obama plan and suck off message board assclowns who post thoughts on shows you don't even listen too. With these cogent thoughts you are quailified to pick up elephant shit at the Ringling Brothers shows. Im sure you held that position at one time but you were fired for offering to drive young boys around it the clown car.

That fact you picture me doing anything leads me to belive that you more than likly print out my posts and pleasure yourself with them and all the time listening to and enjoying Mac;s show. :shock:

Frank has a job? Hard to believe :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Score is doomed Frank has a job? Hard to believe :lol:
[/quote]

Shockingly SID he actully drives a clown car for a living . :P

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Now that's believable! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
As far as still listening even though I hate it, I really do not listen much.

You sir, are a liar.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 am 

Back 2 Back Clown Car references for Stuart