It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac Going Hoffy Today
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:40 am 

Whining about the fans in his section last night that did not follow hockey etiquette. :roll:

Props to meatpants for calling him on his whining.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
For the last 16 months it was "Give the Hawks a shot, committ to the Indian!"

Gotta figure you're going to get some bonehead/bandwagon fans that don't know or care about proper etiquette. And now we're gonna bitch about that? Pretty lame.

Somebody make sure they let IrishBoy know that I have said something unloving about Mac.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Whining about the fans in his section last night that did not follow hockey etiquette. :roll:

He's right though. It annoys the hell out of me when fans lack the common sense to figure out when to get out of their seat. Has nothing to do with how long they have been a fan... it has everything to do with stupidity and a lack of decency.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Again, he's been beating the drum of "give hockey a chance" for months now. He has likely been at least a part of bringing new fans to the games. And they don't know the proper way to act yet. It happens. If you're going to recruit people, you gotta figure that this sort of thing is going to happen...and you deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
RFDC wrote:

What was the offensive behavior?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 am 

I agree Frank.

I've been too a few hockey games and it wouldn't shock me if I broke some sort of code as to when you can leave or come back.

It's part of being at a live sporting event.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:51 am 

NSJ wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What was the offensive behavior?

Not waiting until a whistle to come back to his seat.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:51 am 

Again, any idiot should be able to see why you don't stand up when the puck is in play. That is of course, unless that person has never been to a movie, attended a play, gone to a single sporting event or left their house. Then I would understand.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: *

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, he's been beating the drum of "give hockey a chance" for months now. He has likely been at least a part of bringing new fans to the games. And they don't know the proper way to act yet. It happens. If you're going to recruit people, you gotta figure that this sort of thing is going to happen...and you deal with it.

Mac has zero to do with it.
Home games on TV matter.
Having young GOOD players is a part of it.
Winning is a part of it.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Again, any idiot should be able to see why you don't stand up when the puck is in play. That is of course, unless that person has never been to a movie, attended a play, gone to a single sporting event or left their house. Then I would understand.
You get mad when people stand up during a movie? What if it's like a 3 hour movie? Do you expect every person in the theater to be able to make it the whole time?

I've seen people leave plays before too. They stop them at the doors and don't let them in except for certain times.

Hockey doesn't have many long stoppages besides the intermissions. I only get mad when people move slowly or stop to talk. If they do the best they can to avoid disruption I'm fine with it. It's not like there isn't that much time from the whistle to the next face off. You'll still be bothering people.

Last edited by Brick on Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Exactly. And that happens in all sports (Sox in '05, Cubs in '07, '08, Bulls in the 90s, etc).

Hawks fans wanted a good team, and home games on TV. Well now they have it. And if the biggest problem is putting up with a few idiot fans, they should be so lucky.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
You get mad when people stand up during a movie? What if it's like a 3 hour movie? Do you expect every person in the theater to be able to make it the whole time?

I've seen people leave plays before too. They stop them at the doors and don't let them in except for certain times.

Hockey doesn't have many long stoppages besides the intermissions. I only get mad when people move slowly or stop to talk. If they do the best they can to avoid disruption I'm fine with it. It's not like there isn't that much time from the whistle to the next face off. You'll still be bothering people.

Bottom line: You don't need to be a longtime hockey fan to know human beings are unable to see through the body of another human being.

Perhaps him getting up was an emergency. I can respect that... I have a small bladder. But when he RETURNS to his seat during the action, he is being a complete butthole.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 am 

Mac is right on this one. "Etiquette" isn't even the right word. It's not a law, but it is enforced by the ushers at the UC (and other hockey venues) - they all hold little stop signs that say "wait until the whistle". At the game on Saturday, I was waiting by the usher for a whistle, and an older guy walked past and started up the steps and the usher made him stop and come back down and wait.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Bottom line: You don't need to be a longtime hockey fan to know human beings are unable to see through the body of another human being.
What are you arguing? Is it that people should not get up in any situation that would block others view during any game action? If you expect that, it's probably best to watch games at home. This is actually one of the reasons I rarely go to movie theaters. People there are idiots who sit on cell phones texting the whole time and other annoying things.
Bucky Chris wrote:
But when he RETURNS to his seat during the action, he is being a complete butthole.
How quick do you think these people are? I don't know how far his seats were down but if he had to go down 15 rows or so and then go inside 10 seats he can't do that from the time of the goalie grabbing the puck to the next face off. Keep in mind that normally what slows you down is how slow people are getting out of your way while securing the beer and the food and the jacket.

It's inevitable at any live sporting event.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

People move in between innings at baseball games, then come back to thier seat in the middle of an inning. Its annoying, but it happens. You either deal with it or watch the games in the comfort of your HOF room :P

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
People move in between innings at baseball games, then come back to thier seat in the middle of an inning. Its annoying, but it happens. You either deal with it or watch the games in the comfort of your HOF room :P

Different animal. Baseball games move slightly slower than hockey games, and there are breaks between every single pitch.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am 

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Mac given a verbal lashing to people who bitch about others standing at concerts? Isn't this scenario very similar, except Mac is now sitting on the other side of the fence?

Im pretty sure Mac had a story similar to this about a year ago, but maybe I am mistaken.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Douchebag wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Mac given a verbal lashing to people who bitch about others standing at concerts? Isn't this scenario very similar, except Mac is now sitting on the other side of the fence?

:idea:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Douchebag wrote:

Im pretty sure Mac had a story similar to this about a year ago, but maybe I am mistaken.

That is correctamundo. I believe the word "blue hairs" figured prominently.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
What are you arguing? Is it that people should not get up in any situation that would block others view during any game action? If you expect that, it's probably best to watch games at home. This is actually one of the reasons I rarely go to movie theaters. People there are idiots who sit on cell phones texting the whole time and other annoying things.
Bucky Chris wrote:
But when he RETURNS to his seat during the action, he is being a complete butthole.
How quick do you think these people are? I don't know how far his seats were down but if he had to go down 15 rows or so and then go inside 10 seats he can't do that from the time of the goalie grabbing the puck to the next face off. Keep in mind that normally what slows you down is how slow people are getting out of your way while securing the beer and the food and the jacket.

It's inevitable at any live sporting event.

What I am more arguing was the silly notion that this has something to do with the guy being a "new" Hawk fan. The guy didn't block the action because he is a new Hawk fan, he did it because he was a doosher.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

And when you have 20,000 plus fans at a sporting event, you're bound to have some douchers. So, you expect it and just deal with it. I guess it just doesn't bother me as much. I'm not a hockey fan, but still when I do go to concerts or sporting events, I expect that I may miss a pitch or 2 because of people moving to thier seats.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:28 am 

:lol: Well at least Mac disagreed with the Red Wings lady who was upset at the soccer moms who brought their kids to hockey games and did not like the language

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:32 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And when you have 20,000 plus fans at a sporting event, you're bound to have some douchers. So, you expect it and just deal with it. I guess it just doesn't bother me as much. I'm not a hockey fan, but still when I do go to concerts or sporting events, I expect that I may miss a pitch or 2 because of people moving to thier seats.

Lie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Can't believe that Mackey was down with the commoners and not in a luxury suite.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Irish Boy wrote:
I expect that I may miss a pitch or 2 because of people moving to thier seats.

Lie[/quote]
Ah so not only are you a know it all, but you have ESP too? Wow that U of C must be a good school!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 am 

I find the idea of anyone missing pitches at a Sox game because of people moving to their seats to be ridiculous on its face.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
He was correct about the etiquette but his bitching, pissing and carrying on about it was a fucking drag.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh, another tired White Sox attendance joke. I see. Funny funny, ha ha.

Ivan hates when jokes have to be explained though. I just hate when they aren't funny.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm 

Leave it to Barney Rubble to throw out useless rants. If Barney wants something to bitch about with hockey fans, how about the screaming and cheering by fans and even skating by the players before our national anthem is over? How about guys who won't take off their damn hat during the national anthem? How about all the damn disrespect toward our country? How about THAT Fat Barney? Instead, you bitch because you can't see. WAHHHHH! Go back to Indiana. Here in Arizona we love our country mister.