It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Maybe I missed a little, but I thought Mac's main gripe was with the guy behind him yelling "Shoot It!" every time a Hawk was near the puck. I can understand that annoyance, and this coming from a hockey novice as myself. I don't think I would just randomly yell "Shoot It!". It's kind of a given that they'll shoot it at the right time. :roll:

Like Frank said, there's always gonna be the irritating person at any event, whether it be sporting or music. "That's just the way it is...some things will never change." :eye:

By the way, Indiana jokes are getting kind of old and not all that funny. :roll:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Indiana jokes are getting kind of old and not all that funny. :roll:

They're funny. Your state just doesn't an education system good enough to teach you how to appreciate them :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Maybe I missed a little, but I thought Mac's main gripe was with the guy behind him yelling "Shoot It!" every time a Hawk was near the puck. I can understand that annoyance, and this coming from a hockey novice as myself. I don't think I would just randomly yell "Shoot It!". It's kind of a given that they'll shoot it at the right time. :roll:

Like Frank said, there's always gonna be the irritating person at any event, whether it be sporting or music. "That's just the way it is...some things will never change." :eye:

Shut up and play Freebird!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Obviously ushers should taze people who do not follow hockey etiquette.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Indiana jokes are getting kind of old and not all that funny. :roll:

They're funny. Your state just doesn't an education system good enough to teach you how to appreciate them :P

Yeah, that's wierd. :P

@ Don Tiny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Annoying cat trash. :wink:

I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:10 pm 

I'm just starting to get into hockey and I'm already being discouraged. Well, it looks like World Cup Soccer is in my future.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
KDdidit wrote:
Obviously ushers should taze people who do not follow hockey etiquette.

Now that's funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:44 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Mac given a verbal lashing to people who bitch about others standing at concerts? Isn't this scenario very similar, except Mac is now sitting on the other side of the fence?

Im pretty sure Mac had a story similar to this about a year ago, but maybe I am mistaken.

That is correctamundo. I believe the word "blue hairs" figured prominently.

WYC Mac?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Had a guy sitting 2 seats away from us and about 6 ft 5 250lbs built like a brick shit house yelling at people for the same thing... One of those clowns who was pounding 2 to 3 beers every shift change and thought he owned the section but not a person was saying shit back to him . My buddy told the guy to relax and world war 3 almost broke out . Bought a few beers to calm everyone down and finally the guy mellowed and wanted to be our friend after the game thank God the Hawks won .. Douchebag

I see more of this at Hawks games of late where people just want get hammered and be complete assholes.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Slap Shot ED wrote:
I see more of this at Hawks games of late where people just want get hammered and be complete assholes.

It's like that at every sport, sadly. I had someone at work complain that their brother was going to bring kids to a baseball game with them because now they couldn't get completely wasted and act like douchebags. Although if you were really committed to being a drunken asswipe you wouldn't let nieces and nephews get in the way.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:
Slap Shot ED wrote:

It's like that at every sport, sadly. I had someone at work complain that their brother was going to bring kids to a baseball game with them because now they couldn't get completely wasted and act like douchebags. Although if you were really committed to being a drunken asswipe you wouldn't let nieces and nephews get in the way.

I see it quite a bit at Sox games and one of the guys I share my seats with had issues with druken guys behind him as his kids were sitting with him and the guys were spilling beer on his kids and just using foul language every other word and nothing was done and then he wrote a letter to the Sox about it and they said they would police it but pretty much nothing ever happens which is a shame .

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Mac given a verbal lashing to people who bitch about others standing at concerts? Isn't this scenario very similar, except Mac is now sitting on the other side of the fence?

Im pretty sure Mac had a story similar to this about a year ago, but maybe I am mistaken.

That is correctamundo. I believe the word "blue hairs" figured prominently.

WYC Mac?

I would be interested to hear the argument for differentiating the two. At NFL games people will stand the whole game - depending on your section.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Home games were on tv for an entire season and a half before anyone took notice of the Blackhawks. the main reason for the Blackhawks resurgence in popularity with Chicago sports fans is John McDonough.

McDonough got the Winter Classic @ Wrigley (which is the real jumping off point for the increase in Hawks popularity/attendance). He introduced the Hawks off-season convention, the player of the game, the occasional post-game salute of the fans by the players, etc, etc,etc.

McDonough sold crap to fans in the form of the Cubs for years. That the Blackhawks are winning makes his job a little bit easier.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i am not a hockey fan, but several years ago i was invited to a Wolves game in rosemont. early in the 2nd period, while the action was at the far end of the ice, i was watching the goalie on my end (i was right around the blue line), just seeing what he was doing out of curiosity, and before i knew it, they cleared the puck, it came into the crowd, and i got hit in the face with it. knocked me right into the aisle, spitting blood all over, trying to take inventory of my teeth. the paramedics were down there pretty quick, but within a few minutes of them tending to my smashed up face, the fans behind me already were impatient with the paramedics moving too slow and not getting the me fuck out of there so they could watch the game. i remember hearing the fans saying that, "get him out of here for christ sakes, we are trying to watch the game". one guy was giving me shit for not watching the puck, like REALLY giving it to me, like a deserved it for not watching every instant of the action. i was out of there within about 5 minutes, but after the initial excitement of someone getting hit in the face, people were pretty impatient.

by the way, im fine with that, im not complaining at all about any of this, but it was a good illustration that there is a hockey etiquette that people are pretty serious about. i did get a nice round of applause when i got up and my lower lip was gushing all over the place, all over my shirt. they like that kind of shit at hockey games it turns out. but the paramedics DID wait for a break in the action.

its funny because when i go to clinton lumberking baseball games i am fanatical about getting our seats behind the screen, for fear of one of my kids not paying attention, and i am the dumb-ass who gets it for not paying attention.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: *
man of few opinions wrote:
i am not a hockey fan, but several years ago i was invited to a Wolves game in rosemont. early in the 2nd period, while the action was at the far end of the ice, i was watching the goalie on my end (i was right around the blue line), just seeing what he was doing out of curiosity, and before i knew it, they cleared the puck, it came into the crowd, and i got hit in the face with it. knocked me right into the aisle, spitting blood all over, trying to take inventory of my teeth. the paramedics were down there pretty quick, but within a few minutes of them tending to my smashed up face, the fans behind me already were impatient with the paramedics moving too slow and not getting the me fuck out of there so they could watch the game. i remember hearing the fans saying that, "get him out of here for christ sakes, we are trying to watch the game". one guy was giving me shit for not watching the puck, like REALLY giving it to me, like a deserved it for not watching every instant of the action. i was out of there within about 5 minutes, but after the initial excitement of someone getting hit in the face, people were pretty impatient.

by the way, im fine with that, im not complaining at all about any of this, but it was a good illustration that there is a hockey etiquette that people are pretty serious about. i did get a nice round of applause when i got up and my lower lip was gushing all over the place, all over my shirt. they like that kind of shit at hockey games it turns out. but the paramedics DID wait for a break in the action.

its funny because when i go to clinton lumberking baseball games i am fanatical about getting our seats behind the screen, for fear of one of my kids not paying attention, and i am the dumb-ass who gets it for not paying attention.

That's really messed up MOFO. Glad to see that everything turned out ok but assholes are everywhere.Those Wolves tickets cost a pretty penny so people want to make sure they get their monies worth :wink:

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
McDonough got the Winter Classic @ Wrigley (which is the real jumping off point for the increase in Hawks popularity/attendance).

Let me get this straight. Wrigley helped the Hawks but it doesn't do shit for the Cubs?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:33 am 

one guy was giving me shit for not watching the puck, like REALLY giving it to me, like a deserved it for not watching every instant of the action.

i didn't know shakes went to wolves games.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
W_Z wrote:
one guy was giving me shit for not watching the puck, like REALLY giving it to me, like a deserved it for not watching every instant of the action.

i didn't know shakes went to wolves games.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mac is by far and away my favorite radio show host, but he has been getting a little more "fatha" as time has passed.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Benny's on 26th in Berwyn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
McDonough got the Winter Classic @ Wrigley (which is the real jumping off point for the increase in Hawks popularity/attendance).

Let me get this straight. Wrigley helped the Hawks but it doesn't do shit for the Cubs?

The Cubs already have popularity/attendance. I think that the fact that the 'hawks stopped sucking so bad and put the games on t.v. allowed for the increased popularity

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RFDC wrote:
Whining about the fans in his section last night that did not follow hockey etiquette.

DaMaNaaaa got "whine & cheese" tickat...

DaMaNaaaa got "Emo-host" tickat...

DaMaNaaaa got "talk more hockey...stop talking hockey" tickat...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 pm 

DaMaNaaaa got "Emo-host" tickat...

Easily the single funniest fucking thing I've ever read on this website.