It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sports Etiquette
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Here's another... some asshole at the Cubs/Pirates game just now reminded me of this:

Don't try to lead the crowd in a song, cheer, don't be waving your arms up yelling "COME ON! COME ON! LET'S CO CUBBIES clap clap clapclapclap)" Man I hate that fucking guy.
There's someone at the cubs game tonight that singing shit like Eye of the Tiger, Don't Stop Believeing... some other shit too makin me want to hurt him a little.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cheese is meant to go on your nachos, not on your head.

If its below freezing keep your shirt on unless you are doug league.

You catch a foul ball, give it to a kid. You catch an opposing team's HR ball, give it to a kid (unless its a milestone 500th HR or something). "Throwing it back" is without a doubt the worst tradition out there.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I feel too strongly on this not to post it.

I was at a Cubs game in the bleachers 2 years ago(left field, the week Soriano was on his 7 hr in 7 days or something like that). Anyways Im sitting there and the guy behind me wont shut the fuck up. He is just talking socially to his girlfriends mother who was all decked out in Cubs gear. The guy wanted nothing to do with the game, he was just there to suck up to his girlfriend and just to talk to his girlfriends mother. Never once did he mention anything about baseball.

Same thing happened last year when I went to the Blackhawks game. Dude sat behind us talking to his girlfriend the whole time and some kid that was next to him.

So in general I guess my rule is if your not interested at all in the game and your a guy:SHUT THE FUCK UP or STAY AT HOME.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 pm 

If youre gonna fuck a girl in the mens room at comiskey, make sure the door locks and there are no youngsters around to be traumatized.
And keep the congratulatory high fives to a minimum

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
And if you're a doctor, splurge a little for 100 level seats so your kid isn't traumatized by seeing a guy fucking a girl in the men's room.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
When I go to a Sox game I root for the team they're playing against. I never wear Cubs gear, though, because if they aren't playing the Cubs, you're just being a douche doing so.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
shakes wrote:

Easily the single dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on this website.

:lol: have you ever read some of the shit that Ive written?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You catch a foul ball, give it to a kid. You catch an opposing team's HR ball, give it to a kid (unless its a milestone 500th HR or something). "Throwing it back" is without a doubt the worst tradition out there.

You're a young Cubs fan whose dad takes you to your first game. Cubs and Brewers. The Cubs are leading through the eighth, Some Crappy Reliever gives up what becomes the game-winning homer to Corey Hart. It lands a few feet to your left, and someone hands you the ball. Your souvenir from the day is the home run that sent you home with a loss from your very first Cubs game, and it wasn't even hit by a legend like Pujols, or the Brewers' best hitter in Braun, or even Prince Fielder, just goofy-looking Corey Hart. What's the sentimental value attached to that? The hell do you even want it for? For a fanbase that takes so much shit from people like you for "embracing failure," I'd think an instance of rejecting failure would be better received.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm 

what kid would have that kind of perspective on something like that?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 pm 

Frank catches a homer from a visiting team in the bleachers at Wrigley and I bet he throws it back. :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
What good is a baseball going to do sitting around my apartment until I feel that I'm living like one of the hoarders of TLC and throw it away? Beaning Brant Brown in the back of the head after a Matt Kirchner homerun -- those are priceless memories.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
shakes wrote:

Easily the single dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on this website.

:lol: have you ever read some of the shit that Ive written?

No, I've had you on ignore for months.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nuno Bettencourt.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
-At golf tournaments, don't yell "It's in the hole" after someone tees off.

-At tailgates don't put your shit on my hood, roof, or trunk

-When going up or down an aisle, don't walk on the left side.

-If you see a guy with a tray full of beers, give him some space

-Cheer for whatever fuckn team you want. Home team. Away team. A particular player. Whatever.

-Only douchebags where team jerseys with their own names on the back.

-If your watching your team play the Braves in Atlanta, feel free to do the tomahawk chop when your team scores.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
TEXTING!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You catch a foul ball, give it to a kid. You catch an opposing team's HR ball, give it to a kid (unless its a milestone 500th HR or something). ".

This is another one that's really stupid. Yet another example of the pussyfication of kids these days. Foul balls and HR balls should be EARNED, not given. A souvenaire ball should come with a story of how you made a great catch or dug it out of a pile of fans, not some gay ass story about how you were some pathetic 8 year old and some guy simply handed it to you. My dad's being going to Sox games since the late 50's, season tix since the late 90s, and he didn't get a ball till about 10 years ago and he paid the price with a broken finger to catch it. Was in a cast up to his elbow with a coat hanger sticking out of the end and a rubber band attached from the coat hanger to his finger for traction for 6 fucking months. That's called earning a souvenaire. Granted, there wasn't a day that went by that he didn't regret making that catch, but at least he didn't have that ball on his desk because someone gave it to him 50 years ago just for being a kid.

What it all comes down to is kids are coddled to the point that they're all a bunch of pussies these days. You can't swear at ballgames anymore cause god forbid a kid will hear a bad word. Back in the 70s no one gave a shit if some drunk was swearing up a storm at the game. No one gave a shit if a couple drunks decided to beat the crap out of each other in the aisle. Now everyone is screaming OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

For the peewee team I coach the first thing I did was ban water bottles at practice. Every 10 minutes they were running over to the sideboards to get a drink. Next thing you know we've wasted half the practice hanging out at the watering hole. Enough is enough, got rid of teh water bottles and told them no drinking till after practice was done. They moaned a little, but OMG a month has gone by and they've all lived. Last practice a player fell down and came up to me and asked if he could sit on the bench cause his leg hurt. I told him no, go skate it off. And sure enough, 2 minutes later he was fine.

Kids need to be tougher, but its not their fault, its society and this ridiculous coddling of children that has taken over in the last 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Irony: a guy who plays in a no-check hockey league talking about the pussyification of others.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Irony: a guy who plays in a no-check hockey league talking about the pussyification of others.

MERCY!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You catch a foul ball, give it to a kid. You catch an opposing team's HR ball, give it to a kid (unless its a milestone 500th HR or something). ".

This is another one that's really stupid. Yet another example of the pussyfication of kids these days. Foul balls and HR balls should be EARNED, not given. A souvenaire ball should come with a story of how you made a great catch or dug it out of a pile of fans, not some gay ass story about how you were some pathetic 8 year old and some guy simply handed it to you. My dad's being going to Sox games since the late 50's, season tix since the late 90s, and he didn't get a ball till about 10 years ago and he paid the price with a broken finger to catch it. Was in a cast up to his elbow with a coat hanger sticking out of the end and a rubber band attached from the coat hanger to his finger for traction for 6 fucking months. That's called earning a souvenaire. Granted, there wasn't a day that went by that he didn't regret making that catch, but at least he didn't have that ball on his desk because someone gave it to him 50 years ago just for being a kid.

What it all comes down to is kids are coddled to the point that they're all a bunch of pussies these days. You can't swear at ballgames anymore cause god forbid a kid will hear a bad word. Back in the 70s no one gave a shit if some drunk was swearing up a storm at the game. No one gave a shit if a couple drunks decided to beat the crap out of each other in the aisle. Now everyone is screaming OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

For the peewee team I coach the first thing I did was ban water bottles at practice. Every 10 minutes they were running over to the sideboards to get a drink. Next thing you know we've wasted half the practice hanging out at the watering hole. Enough is enough, got rid of teh water bottles and told them no drinking till after practice was done. They moaned a little, but OMG a month has gone by and they've all lived. Last practice a player fell down and came up to me and asked if he could sit on the bench cause his leg hurt. I told him no, go skate it off. And sure enough, 2 minutes later he was fine.

Kids need to be tougher, but its not their fault, its society and this ridiculous coddling of children that has taken over in the last 10 years.

I usually support your lunacy but the denying water thing is dumb.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Korey Stringer was a pussy...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

So are those Mexicans who die of thirst trying to cross the desert..

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
rogers park bryan wrote:

I wasn't sure whether Shakes was serious with that post, but I will say a kid should be able to practice baseball for 45 minutes to an hour without drinking anything. It's not like they're running a marathon out there. The thing is, if he really denied their babies water, the moms would have his hide.

I also checked his avatar to see if his pussified hockey team's goalie had a mask. Terry Sawchuk stopped those pucks with his bare face!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:41 pm 

What's the etiquette for being absolutely hammered in the clubhouse with a press credential?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What's the etiquette for being absolutely hammered in the clubhouse with a press credential?

It will be intresting to see who this is.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
shakes wrote:
For the peewee team I coach the first thing I did was ban water bottles at practice.

Shakes is a future B&B story.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

RPB, did you ever play sports growing up? There's no reason a kid can't go 45 mintues to an hour on the ice without having a drink of water. When i was growing up we NEVER had water during practices...and that was all the way through high school. After practice everyone would run to the water fountain and get in line.

Keep in mind I'm talking about hockey, not a football practice outside in 100 degree heat in full pads.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I wasn't sure whether Shakes was serious with that post, but I will say a kid should be able to practice baseball for 45 minutes to an hour without drinking anything. It's not like they're running a marathon out there. The thing is, if he really denied their babies water, the moms would have his hide.

I also checked his avatar to see if his pussified hockey team's goalie had a mask. Terry Sawchuk stopped those pucks with his bare face!

Actually, the parents supported it and are glad we are toughening up their kids. It is hockey after all.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

believe me, a guy who's had 6 back surgeries and is still playing a contact sport and playing it well is 100x tougher than you'll ever be.

btw, Bob Probert plays no check hockey. I guess he's a pussy too. As is every adult hockey player in the state of Illinois since there isn't a single no check hockey league available. But, don't let facts get in the way of your stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fair enough. Football is a contact sport too, but a flag football league wouldn't have much contact now would it?

I'm leaving this thread to go get a bottle of water.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Fair enough. Football is a contact sport too, but a flag football league wouldn't have much contact now would it?

I'm leaving this thread to go get a bottle of water.

Due to the speed of the game, there's a lot more contact in no check hockey than there is in flag football. Also, even though its no-check, there is still plenty of playing the body along the boards and in the corners and in front of the net. I try and avoid contact as much as possible, but I still get bumped around quite a bit throughout the course of a game. And there's always a couple idiots out there who think they are still going to the NHL and are out there hacking the shit out of people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next