It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Like your haircut Huge.

Stu, I agree with you. If one of my employees has done that he would have been not working without pay the rest of the week. I would have not had him work Thursday or Friday and then have him publicly apologize on-air Monday or at least write an apology to the White Sox if you wanted to keep it out of the spotlight. Set ground rules, clearly define that if it were to ever happen again you're gone, and move on.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
STU-GOTZ wrote:
The weird thing about this is that he was asked to leave the press area or media box by the White Sox as he was beligerent there and then waddles down to the clubhouse and get's thrown out .... I think ESPN gives him a chance to clean himself up and then set some rules with him . I think Mac has been saying the guy is a fuck up for years and was made to look as the problem all these years but to not give Tiny a few days off is a joke..If it was Mcneil it would of been 2 weeks .

McNeil knows the boundaries....

Everybody can self destruct while shitfaced.....

The dumbest places to go while shitfaced for Harry would be the press box and a clubhouse!!!!
"Look, I'm shitfaced and loud so let's get it out there publicly".

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
WR has been too message board posty lately. :D

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: at IB, FC, WR.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:39 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Make him go to AA meetings. .

This.

It really is a testament to the lack of care people have for Harry that no one suggests he seeks counseling.

Every social story I have heard about him includes him being shitfaced. I have seen it countless times at O'Hagens and talked to bartenders at Bernies who corroborate. The one time I have seen Harry that he wasn't drinking to the point of intoxication was a Saturday morning when he was indulging his other vice at Mustards Last Stand.

The guy does seem nice enough. It's pretty obvious that he has some psychological issues as he DESPERATELY seeks the approval of others. He's in his late 40s with a wife and children. It's time to get things resolved.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

It's the off-season. I'll be back on the saddle soon, but taking it a little easier than the last 8 months.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:40 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Like your haircut Huge.

Stu, I agree with you. If one of my employees has done that he would have been not working without pay the rest of the week. I would have not had him work Thursday or Friday and then have him publicly apologize on-air Monday or at least write an apology to the White Sox if you wanted to keep it out of the spotlight. Set ground rules, clearly define that if it were to ever happen again you're gone, and move on.

This will be forgotten in due time.....but Harry has to be embarrassed as all hell......and I'm sure the wife gave him an earful......The boss at ESPN has to tell him he is a public figure.....there is always somebody around to rat him out....DON'T GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: None
So Mac calls a woman a "bitch" on air at ESPN and he receives a one-week suspension, but Harry is kicked out of a public event for being too drunk (while representing the station) and he's not suspended?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Part of me really does feel bad for him.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:43 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

This.

It really is a testament to the lack of care people have for Harry that no one suggests he seeks counseling.

Every social story I have heard about him includes him being shitfaced. I have seen it countless times at O'Hagens and talked to bartenders at Bernies who corroborate. The one time I have seen Harry that he wasn't drinking to the point of intoxication was a Saturday morning when he was indulging his other vice at Mustards Last Stand.

The guy does seem nice enough. It's pretty obvious that he has some psychological issues as he DESPERATELY seeks the approval of others. He's in his late 40s with a wife and children. It's time to get things resolved.

Only he and the folks closest to him can make a determination like this.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Not sure if Harry has a problem as that's up to him to decide. I know a few of you have voiced that he seems to be over served quite often from the times you have been either at remotes or seen him out around town and Im sure the folks at ESPN are aware that Harry likes his Jose Q straight from the bottle.

From what Delevitt is saying it sounds like they are sweeping this under the carpet as it was Harry being Harry.

The fact the rival station actually broke the news is another factor I think comes into play here with what ESPN 1000 wants to do .

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 am 

Dan McNeil should send this over to WMVP.

http://www.stadiumpal.com/what-makes-it-work.htm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Me, three.
He is not some evil guy, he is not selfish.....he is a personable guy with a lot of smarts....
This fuckup is a classic drinker's moment...He's beating himself up over it big time....drinker's remorse....and I sure as shit don't want to read all of this holier than thou bullshit from people here who drink or have drunk to excess.....When somebody drinks to excess....bad shit can happen...

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:
From what Delevitt is saying it sounds like they are sweeping this under the carpet as it was Harry being Harry.

If true, I find this to be a very poor way to manage.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:50 am 

Slap Shot ED wrote:
Not sure if Harry has a problem as that's up to him to decide. I know a few of you have voiced that he seems to be over served quite often from the times you have been either at remotes or seen him out around town and Im sure the folks at ESPN are aware that Harry likes his Jose Q straight from the bottle.

The fact the rival station actually broke the news is another factor I think comes into play here with what ESPN 1000 wants to do .

When the Station loses professional cred when Harry is being Harry...then there is a problem.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
[.he is a personable guy with a lot of smarts.......

No and hell no!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:

Me, three.
He is not some evil guy, he is not selfish.....he is a personable guy with a lot of smarts....
This fuckup is a classic drinker's moment...He's beating himself up over it big time....drinker's remorse....and I sure as shit don't want to read all of this holier than thou bullshit from people here who drink or have drunk to excess.....When somebody drinks to excess....bad shit can happen...

That's fine Bob. I don't think one person has said no one is allowed to drink in excess. HOWEVER, I think we all agree using one's company's privileges and "loosely" working on that day while being loaded is not a good thing.

I also would disagree with you on selfishness. Actions and decisions can make one selfish. One could argue that this particular act is a very selfish act. The day was about HIM. Not the radio station. Not anyone else. Getting drunk while using credentials to go where he pleases so he can be entertained. This is just one example of an entire body of work.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
[.he is a personable guy with a lot of smarts.......

No and hell no!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

Slap Shot ED wrote:

When the Station loses professional cred when Harry is being Harry...then there is a problem.

I agree Bob as Im in no way defending Harry's actions as if it were me running the ship I would have given him a week off and asked for him to seek help while employed at 1000.

Knowing that Mac was treated with plenty of time in the penalty box and given game misconducts at the drop of the hat , I find it odd Harry is given somewhat of a pass from what Adam is saying .

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:02 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

This.

Only he and the folks closest to him can make a determination like this.

You are smarter than that. He did it on the job. Almost any big company would make him go through some kind of rudimentary Alcohol Awareness program just to cover their ass (without any real care about the employee).

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Which is exactly why I find it hard to believe ESPN is associated with that station. For all we know this was laid out to him yesterday though. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Deli might have been told to say that publicly but internally all hell is breaking loose.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 am 

Slap Shot ED wrote:
Slap Shot ED wrote:

I agree Bob as Im in no way defending Harry's actions as if it were me running the ship I would have given him a week off and asked for him to seek help while employed at 1000.

Knowing that Mac was treated with plenty of time in the penalty box and given game misconducts at the drop of the hat , I find it odd Harry is given somewhat of a pass from what Adam is saying .

How in the hell can't he figure out whether drunk or sober that the Press Box and Clubhouse means he is ON THE JOB?
The Bullpen Bar means he is a fan...if he pukes there, it will be public knowledge, but he is not ON THE JOB.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

How in the hell can't he figure out whether drunk or sober that the Press Box and Clubhouse means he is ON THE JOB?
The Bullpen Bar means he is a fan...if he pukes there, it will be public knowledge, but he is not ON THE JOB.

what?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I'm not asking this because I know the answer: if Mac got drunk and went in the Cubs clubhouse, got kicked out etc, what would the Score do?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:11 am 

I don't know Harry enough to tell if he is a good guy. It is painfully apparent that he is a needy guy. If he was a girl he's be a promiscuous cheerleader with an eating disorder. Since he's a dude he's an ambitionless barfly.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

So why are you asking it?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
There is a difference between a couple hundred of us speculating about Tequila Harry's conduct while wearing an ESPN press pass (or not? who knows?) versus shoving a co-worker, saying "Kiss my sack" or calling a woman a "bitch" on the air.

Even if he isn't on the clock....he is still "Happy Harry from ESPN"

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I don't know Harry enough to tell if he is a good guy. It is painfully apparent that he is a needy guy. If he was a girl he's be a promiscuous cheerleader with an eating disorder. Since he's a dude he's an ambitionless barfly.

:lol: I forgot how funny you are gd.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:14 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Which is exactly why I find it hard to believe ESPN is associated with that station. For all we know this was laid out to him yesterday though. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Deli might have been told to say that publicly but internally all hell is breaking loose.

You figure with all the crap Harry gets, he is going to be either cold shouldered or ridiculed to death in the Sox Clubhouse....the Sox are having an horrific year...and what better target than Happy Harry to vent on if he goes back this season?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 am 

While I'm playing doctor, does anyone know what Harry's brothers and sisters do for a living? I know one is a lawyer. If everyone else is an overachiever it may shed some light on what's growin on in Barney's head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next