It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I only know his lawyer brother who, in my few encounters, has always been a very nice guy.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:18 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Which is exactly why I find it hard to believe ESPN is associated with that station. For all we know this was laid out to him yesterday though. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Deli might have been told to say that publicly but internally all hell is breaking loose.

You figure with all the crap Harry gets, he is going to be either cold shouldered or ridiculed to death in the Sox Clubhouse....the Sox are having an horrific year...and what better target than Happy Harry to vent on if he goes back this season?

Next time the Yankees are in town, maybe Swisher can stick bats in a blow up Harry's orrifi to break the slump.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:

How in the hell can't he figure out whether drunk or sober that the Press Box and Clubhouse means he is ON THE JOB?
The Bullpen Bar means he is a fan...if he pukes there, it will be public knowledge, but he is not ON THE JOB.

what?

What I am trying to say is that when he uses that credential to access the Press Box and Clubhouse he is now ON THE JOB.
He is representing the station, whether he wants to be or not.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
does anyone actually know what specifically happened? i mean, i know he was apparently drunk and got kicked out of the clubhouse, but has there been any actual report about what prompted getting the boot? there are a lot of conclusions being drawn from an event that has only very vaguely been referenced that i have seen. was he belligerent, or was he just loud and annoying? for something that has been called public drunkeness, there seem to be few facts available. without knowing those facts, it is hard to judge what the punishment should be, or if there should be one.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Got ya. Somehow that was easier to understand.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:24 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I don't know Harry enough to tell if he is a good guy. It is painfully apparent that he is a needy guy. If he was a girl he's be a promiscuous cheerleader with an eating disorder. Since he's a dude he's an ambitionless barfly.

:lol: I forgot how funny you are gd.

I am often forgotten in the wake of the more social members of this site.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
GD, I am not disputing your premise that maybe a problem exists, I just am not the person to determine that..neither are the bartenders at Bernie's because after a Friday Cubs game they could unload that whole fucking bar and take everybody to rehab.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Harry more drinky than Drinky...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I don't know why you guys haven't figured this out yet, but Harry gets a free pass. He has all these connections and all kinds of money. He will never be called on the carpet.

He's untouchable

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I have never heard that before. Ever. Nice work, Columbo.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm 

Can someone give me a quick Reader's Digest behind Harry's career? I recall him calling in to The Score back in the day, right? Was he a comic who loved sports, and just decided to start calling Tom Shaer/Memolo etc? Anyway, that's what I recall. And then I also remember Jurko being a go-to guy for The Heavy Fuel Crew. So while I didn't follow McNeil over to 1000, it didn't surprise me when I heard he grabbed Jurko ... although I was surprised that the unfunny guy who would call into the station was suddenly a "host". Did Dan choose him, along with Jurko, or was Harry already there and was "assigned" to Dan's show?

He comes from a family with money? Do they have some sort of connection to ESPN/AM1000? I'm not getting all of the insider talk, here, and hoping someone can fill me in.

Guess I should go check Wikipedia, but I figure you guys have a better grasp of what the real story is with this guy (moreso than whatever would be allowed to stay up on Wikipedia).

Thanks in advance for the background info.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:27 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Can someone give me a quick Reader's Digest behind Harry's career? .

Failed child actor. Failed out of Kansas. Failed stand up comidiene. Failed radio host. Forced on Dan Mc Neil as a co host because he was under contract. Got drunk in the White Sox clubhouse and either pissed his pants or shit himself.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Ed Farmer always ridiculed Harry for his like for both teams when the White Sox broadcasts were down the dial along with Mac at ESPN Radio. I don't understand why Harry wasn't suspended for his drunken state in the White Sox clubhouse the other night...He should know better!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
"Fatha...can you call uncle Jerry and have him call the radio station and tell them i really wasn't drunk and did not get kicked out of the clubhouse. And Fatha can you please advance my allowance for next month. "

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Ed Farmer wrote:
Thats correct, Shark. My friend Harry Teinowitz was at the game last night. He doesn't believe in Christ like I do, but thats ok, he's still my friend. Harry that is, not Christ. Christ is everybody's friend. There is something offspeed there to Rios thats high. And while I normally don't say this on the air, I will say that Harry was not in proper form the other night in the Sox clubhouse. Normal form, yes, but not proper form. I myself can't ever be in that form because my brother gave me a kidney. Rios looks at a fastball right down the middle for a strike. Rios is one of the few Sox hitters that has actually been hitting. Konerko has been as well. Everybody else, well not so much for the most part. Maybe if I got out there on the mound they would start hitting. If they didn't hit me, then we would have real trouble. Now, the facilities all around this ballpark can accomodate you either way, so I'm not sure why Harry decided to use the Sox clubhouse in such a way. And yes, Shark, he should know better. Darrin, do you know better? Of course, I guess you don't need to know better when you just go outside all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Ed Farmer wrote:
Thats correct, Shark. My friend Harry Teinowitz was at the game last night. He doesn't believe in Christ like I do, but thats ok, he's still my friend. Harry that is, not Christ. Christ is everybody's friend. There is something offspeed there to Rios thats high. And while I normally don't say this on the air, I will say that Harry was not in proper form the other night in the Sox clubhouse. Normal form, yes, but not proper form. I myself can't ever be in that form because my brother gave me a kidney. Rios looks at a fastball right down the middle for a strike. Rios is one of the few Sox hitters that has actually been hitting. Konerko has been as well. Everybody else, well not so much for the most part. Maybe if I got out there on the mound they would start hitting. If they didn't hit me, then we would have real trouble. Now, the facilities all around this ballpark can accommodate you either way, so I'm not sure why Harry decided to use the Sox clubhouse in such a way. And yes, Shark, he should know better. Darrin, do you know better? Of course, I guess you don't need to know better when you just go outside all the time.

:lol: :lol: Wow. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have never heard that before. Ever. Nice work, Columbo.

Thanks Frank. Glad to see you are finally coming around.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I would have not had him work Thursday or Friday and then have him publicly apologize on-air Monday or at least write an apology to the White Sox if you wanted to keep it out of the spotlight. Set ground rules, clearly define that if it were to ever happen again you're gone, and move on.

He won't understand that. He went down to the clubhouse to be everybody's buddy. Hey how ya doing nice game so cool to hang out with you guys. I don't think he has the capability to understand he is there or anywhere in a professional capacity. His whole life/persona is schmooze.

He is probably not embarrassed. I bet he doesn't see the big deal people are making.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Since this looks like Harry is getting a pass on this, then can I ask this, what if Carmen, Jurco, Waddle, or Silvy go to a White Sox game and do this, would they be suspended, or get a pass too.

Does Harry have special rules.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
I don't know Harry enough to tell if he is a good guy. It is painfully apparent that he is a needy guy. If he was a girl he's be a promiscuous cheerleader with an eating disorder. Since he's a dude he's an ambitionless barfly.

Henry Chinaski wrote:
To my friends!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
reents wrote:
Since this looks like Harry is getting a pass on this, then can I ask this, what if Carmen, Jurco, Waddle, or Silvy go to a White Sox game and do this, would they be suspended, or get a pass too.

I guarantee you those guys would likely be suspended...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:18 pm 

SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:

Thats an all timer right there SHARK

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:

Shark, you are probably right and that's sad, that one guy can get a pass and others can't. I know it does happen in business, but it's usually the top guys, not the worst guys. I could see Harry only get affected at contract renewal time, Carm and Jurco have already extended their contracts.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:13 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Part of me really does feel bad for him.

Me too. The guy has been a punching bag for Jurko and Mac (In the past, on the saloon much more obviously) and his ideas for show segments (local hero) were dismissed and subject for ridicule. He did not succeed as an actor or in the comedy field to any great degree and I think deep down, he doesn't feel all that great about himself. When someone drinks as much as he does, as often as he does, I generally suspect he/she is an unhappy person. I think Harry is basically a decent guy. But he really should get some help with the drinking. It might make him seem like a fun guy at remotes, that he's drinking with the listeners all the time, but it's just not healthy. Plus, what example is he setting for his kids? If they see him drunk regularly, that can't be good.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Part of me really does feel bad for him.

Me too. The guy has been a punching bag for Jurko and Mac (In the past, on the saloon much more obviously) and his ideas for show segments (local hero) were dismissed and subject for ridicule. He did not succeed as an actor or in the comedy field to any great degree and I think deep down, he doesn't feel all that great about himself. When someone drinks as much as he does, as often as he does, I generally suspect he/she is an unhappy person. I think Harry is basically a decent guy. But he really should get some help with the drinking. It might make him seem like a fun guy at remotes, that he's drinking with the listeners all the time, but it's just not healthy. Plus, what example is he setting for his kids? If they see him drunk regularly, that can't be good.

Thanks Dr. Drew. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Harry only fell off a horse.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Drop In wrote:
Harry only fell off a horse.

It appears he fell off a wagon also.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm 

you can't fall off something you were never on.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:58 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
W_Z wrote:

I think I read that on the underside of a Snapple lid.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
W_Z wrote:

It was satire...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next