It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
For tonight, a chance for a tied series and a series to end.

Again I would say the Penguins-Canadiens series magic number is 2, Canadiens allow 1 they win, more just 1 win in 6 games. I can't see Fleury posting back to back shutouts, be nice, Penguins undefeated on road, I am going to say they are still undefeated and take game 4.

I would say that the Red Wings don't get swept, Sharks may feel like they have done their job getting 1 in Detroit, but the way the Wings lost Game 3, 2 goal lead in 3rd period, lose in ot, I think the Sharks close it out tonight. May just get a half hour of this game tonight on versus.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:57 pm 

I say the Penguins magic number is 2, need score more. I think in the Penguins-Canadiens series, the Penguins look like they can't get that one goal that may open up the floodgates, they get 2 in the 1st period, have good chances in the 2nd, but get nothing, but who knows get 1 through may get another and have a 4-1 lead going to the third, instead up 2-1 and Candiens score 2 goals to win.

A intresting stat, the Penguins have won 5 straight series on the road, last win at home against the Flyers in the 2008 Conference Finals, to keep that streak have to win at home tommorow, hope they can get that win.

On tonight, I will say the Flyers put on one more good game to win tonight, just like the Red Wings, and extend the series.

On the Hawks-Canucks, do the Canucks win just like the Canadiens did to tie the series, I will go with the Hawks, just on the thinking that the Hawks almost had to feel it would be all over going into game 2, and started down 2-0, cameback to win 4-2, then game 3, and I will say continue to game 4 and come home with a 3-1 lead.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
does anyone here know the way to san jose? :drunken:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
crosscheck wrote:
does anyone here know the way to san jose? :drunken:

I was wanting that series to go 7 rough and tumble games but alas it was not to be.
On the other hand, I hate for any team to be swept in the playoff but I will always make an exception for the Redwings.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm 

Does the Sharks start a string of series ending, we will find out later today if the Hawks win, and then the Bruins and Penguins tommorow.

On the Hawks-Canucks, who would have thought after game 1 and the Canucks 2-0 lead in game 2, they would not lead another game.

For tonight, I think the Canucks will have the lead at some point and going to the 3rd, but the Hawks score 2 goals and win the game 4-3, since I heard on the Scores hockey postgame, that Loungo has allowed 39 goals in the last 10 games to the Hawks.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm 

Ever since I put the magic number for the Penguins is 2, they have 2 goals in every game since, I think they will need to score more than 2 tonight and with Canadiens injuries, should tonight or least have the chances and hopefully breakthrough and win this series and make 6 straight series winners on the road.

On the Bruins-Flyers, this will be like the Sharks-Red WIngs series, Bruins started 3-0, lost game 4, win game 5, Boston goes where they thought they would be at least last year in the Eastern Confernece Finals.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 pm 

Mp clinchers tonight, I think Boston would want to close out the series next game or that could get intresting.

On to the Penguins-Canadiens, for the second straight year, the Penguins are going to a game 7 in the second round and will have to win a series at home. I think for the first time this playoffs, the Penguins need to be a little worried, the last time they were going for a chance to go to 3 straight finals, they lost to the Islanders at home in Game 7 and up 3-2, ironically the Canadiens won the cup that year. Another thing for the Pens, is a loss on Wednesday and that's the last game at Mellon arena, moving next year.

I think it was big the Penguins scored that late goal, because it would have been 4 straight games with 2 goals. Again, I will say I think they are just 1 goal away from really pouring it on, they get 2 and just can't get another 1 in, have good chances, and I think they better find a way to get that goal or see you next year.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:02 pm 

gagne had a great game. i would love to see this go 7. leighton worries me though...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
reents wrote:
Mp clinchers tonight, I think Boston would want to close out the series next game or that could get intresting.

On to the Penguins-Canadiens, for the second straight year, the Penguins are going to a game 7 in the second round and will have to win a series at home. I think for the first time this playoffs, the Penguins need to be a little worried, the last time they were going for a chance to go to 3 straight finals, they lost to the Islanders at home in Game 7 and up 3-2, ironically the Canadiens won the cup that year. Another thing for the Pens, is a loss on Wednesday and that's the last game at Mellon arena, moving next year.

I think it was big the Penguins scored that late goal, because it would have been 4 straight games with 2 goals. Again, I will say I think they are just 1 goal away from really pouring it on, they get 2 and just can't get another 1 in, have good chances, and I think they better find a way to get that goal or see you next year.

Halak is 4-0 in elimination games. I would love to see the Habs knock the Pens out.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:06 pm 

Well tonight, we see if the Hawks win a 3rd game at Vancouver or we have a game 7. When the Hawks don't look their best, they do rebound in the next game, I think they will rebound and realize they don't want to go home and play a 7th there, so for the second straight years, eliminate the Canucks in 6.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:36 pm 

Well we know our Western Conference Finals, well we know our Eastern Conference Finals tonight.

On the Bruins-Flyers matchup, I don't think the Bruins want to go home for game 7, Flyers starting a diffrent goalie, and even though he got the shutout still, I think the Bruins get the win tonight and close out the series.

On Game 7, Canadiens win, A team from Canada makes the final 4, closes out the Mellon arena for good. Penhuins win, chance to repeat, keeps the arena open, and ironically could play the Bruins and Blackhawks, the teams they had to beat to win back-to-back cups in 92.

I think the big thing for Game 7 is that the last 5 games when the Penguins get 2 goals, Haluk shuts the door and they can't get anymore, Game 6 got the 3rd goal with a little over a minute, can the Penguins find a way to breakthrough and let's say the Pens are 4-1 going to the 3rd, instead of 2-1 and the Canadiens have a chance to win it. For Fleury, can't let in any bad goals, no soft ones today.

For the Canadiens, lately the road team has won game 7's. They probably have the best goaltender in the playoffs and goal scorer in the playoffs right now.

For my Pick and as a fan of the team, Crosby and Malkin turn it on, get the lead early, probably get the 2 goals, have trouble scoring again, but get to 3 in the 2nd period, and close it out with a empty-netter to win 4-2 and move on. Main thing 2 goals will not win this game.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:42 pm 

8)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Montreal vs Penguins is for the Stanley Cup.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:08 pm 

8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 pm 

8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
This is getting out of hand real fast

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:12 pm 

Penguins and Red Wings both played a lot of games over the last 3 seasons. They faced each other in the last 2 Stanley Cup finals and both teams were represented by several players in the Olympics.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:13 pm 

Wow, the Montreal fans are making 100x's the noise the United Center fans do--and the game is only being simulcast in Montreal.

Geaux Habs!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Habs have eliminated the Champs in Pittsburgh! The Canadiens have done it again! Alex Ovechkin and the Caps...See ya! Sidney Crosby and the Penguins...Bye! Final score tonight...Canadiens 5, Penguins 2!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Interesting note that it was Montreal beating the Pens in the first and last games played at Mellon Arena.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:13 pm 

In the first two rounds in the East: #'s 1,2,3,4, have all been eliminated, with 1,2 and 3 going in the first round.

In the west: The second round featured #'s 1,2,3,5 with #1 and #2 advancing.

It really is amazing that he two conferences can be that different.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:53 pm 

Another game 7, so I would say the Sharks and Hawks will start Sunday.

The way the Bruins are playing, they will lose a game 7 in the 2nd round for the second straight year.

On the Pens-Canadiens, I wish the Pens would have won, but Halak and the Canadiens just played too good and the Canadiens with the rest they will get with their next probably starting Monday, they look like they will go to the Stanley Cup Finals. Like I have put, I just think the Penguins got to 2 goals and just could never get another goal and had good chances. Haluk played great again, Fleury allowed a soft goal to start, a short-handed goal and then a bad penalty when your trying to come back for too many men on the ice, that's 3 goals right there.

One thing you may hear, the NHL has been getting some good ratings for their past 2 Finals, that they wanted a Penguins-Blackhawks final, I think the NHL does hope the Hawks make the finals, but the East team won't be a bad team to have their either, ratings may fall, but it won't be a big dropoff.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am 

leighton was *awesome* last night. good lord he made some great saves. yeah he gave up a cheap goal at the end, but the last 5 minutes of that game were just electric.

i'm tempted to go over to mad river for the finale. but i fear i might be jinxing the flyers if i do that...tough decision.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:14 pm 

W_Z- The Flyers are going to have a good chance tommorow, the Bruins look like they have no offense, Barry Melrose already sounds like he thinks the Flyers will win. If the Flyers do win it, this seems like it would be the quietest comeback ever, seems like nobody talks about this series much, of course the Celtics won, so it could be good luck for the Bruins.

SHould be a fun Game 7.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm 

yeah. i'm gonna do my best to see the whole thing. i'll be at gallery cabaret for the CSFMB event tomorrow night but i'm hoping they'll have it on the TV. may have to find another bar to watch the end.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm 

Hopefully the cabaret event has versus.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:22 pm 

Well the winner of the Bruins-Flyers won't get much rest time, I was reading on prohockeytalk.com, that both series will start on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:30 pm 

seriously if it doesn't i'm finding another venue until the game is over. yeah there won't be much rest time. but the flyers would get the home advantage right?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm 

Yes, because the Flyers-Bruins winner will have the better seed, of course the Canadiens look better than an 8th seed right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:48 am 

yeah i thought so.

well i've pretty much made up my mind that i'm going to hitch a train this afternoon and hit up mad river (philly bar) in the city to watch this; then take a cab over the the cab afterward.

i had a dream last night that it was tied 1-1 before i woke up. doesn't that suck?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next