It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunday
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:09 pm 

I'll be responding to a good chunk of your always-entertaining questions and comments from the "Ask Mac" thread. I'll try to have it filed by puck drop in San Jose. Thanks for your patience.

Post subject: Re: Sunday
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
mmmm....i'm thinking of an answer....this guy used to sweat when he played defense.....mmmmm

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
OOgie wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
mmmm....i'm thinking of an answer....this guy used to sweat when he played defense.....mmmmm

We assume you would like your answer texted back to you?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Wrong thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:31 pm 

Mac, choose one:

A) Reading a Jim O'Donnell article
B) Licking fly paper
C) Watching Ozzie ball

Death is not an option....

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am 

Ah yes, the oh so self-important Mac has to create a NEW thread announcing that he is planning to respond to questions in the thread that already contains questions for him. Just perfect. God knows we wouldn't want this "honor" of this post getting buried in some thread created by some cretin....

Flipped on the stream again this morning to try the product, and what do I get but a couple of grown men giggling like school girls about McNeil backing himself into a hilarious song parody based on the Soldier Field turf. Great stuff McNeil, unfortunately I had to "PTFB" on your horrid show before I could hear you drop another Allen Bros reference or recall some silly date, as the listeners can literally hear your chest puffing out.

I've tried and tried, and while I know no one (especially the blowhard host who enjoys ripping on other shows for being mean to callers WHILE continually telling listeners to PTFB if they don't like what he is talking about (and/or tells them to kiss his ass/bite him etc)) cares - I'm officially done with this trainwreck of a "sports" talk show.

I'll go somewhere where the dopey host doesn't take pride in knowing little about something (many things). Where a guy doesn't get "so sick of basketball talk" that he is happy to jump into bad baseball talk. Where an unmentioned-in-the-title-of-the-show "co-host" doesn't show preference to his cover band over his "real" job. Where a chubby, annoying guy doesn't hand out hitting tips to professional ball players on live radio. Where I don't have to hear one man continually lick the rectum of the other. Somewhere where I can just hear some interesting angles on the sports world without getting the host's personal likes/dislikes/hobbies crammed in my ear, constantly.

McNeil, good on you for having such a hardcore fanbase.....after a year of you "trying to figure it out", I am done. Your show is horrible - from the talent to the production of it. I'm sure you have nice guys that work on the show with you, it's too bad that they must have to take a cleansing bath, night after night, after having to deal with your incredible ego and ridiculous idea of what's funny or entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Harry Seaward wrote:
I am done. Your show is horrible - from the talent to the production of it. I'm sure you have nice guys that work on the show with you, it's too bad that they must have to take a cleansing bath, night after night, after having to deal with your incredible ego and ridiculous idea of what's funny or entertaining.

Over/Under on 5 days before you just 'happen to catch a segment' or 'accidentally open the wrong podcast'

I'll take the under

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: *
Northside_Dan wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
I am done. Your show is horrible - from the talent to the production of it. I'm sure you have nice guys that work on the show with you, it's too bad that they must have to take a cleansing bath, night after night, after having to deal with your incredible ego and ridiculous idea of what's funny or entertaining.

Over/Under on 5 days before you just 'happen to catch a segment' or 'accidentally open the wrong podcast'

I'll take the under

Was just about to post something similar. I'm sure he will listen.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bet the farm on the under. Again, someone who hates the show and never listens has a multiple paragraph rant about how bad things are.

And now, the IB, Gloop, and Seaward parade will commence in 3, 2, 1...

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Ah yes, the oh so self-important Mac has to create a NEW thread announcing that he is planning to respond to questions in the thread that already contains questions for him. Just perfect. God knows we wouldn't want this "honor" of this post getting buried in some thread created by some cretin....

Flipped on the stream again this morning to try the product, and what do I get but a couple of grown men giggling like school girls about McNeil backing himself into a hilarious song parody based on the Soldier Field turf. Great stuff McNeil, unfortunately I had to "PTFB" on your horrid show before I could hear you drop another Allen Bros reference or recall some silly date, as the listeners can literally hear your chest puffing out.

I've tried and tried, and while I know no one (especially the blowhard host who enjoys ripping on other shows for being mean to callers WHILE continually telling listeners to PTFB if they don't like what he is talking about (and/or tells them to kiss his ass/bite him etc)) cares - I'm officially done with this trainwreck of a "sports" talk show.

I'll go somewhere where the dopey host doesn't take pride in knowing little about something (many things). Where a guy doesn't get "so sick of basketball talk" that he is happy to jump into bad baseball talk. Where an unmentioned-in-the-title-of-the-show "co-host" doesn't show preference to his cover band over his "real" job. Where a chubby, annoying guy doesn't hand out hitting tips to professional ball players on live radio. Where I don't have to hear one man continually lick the rectum of the other. Somewhere where I can just hear some interesting angles on the sports world without getting the host's personal likes/dislikes/hobbies crammed in my ear, constantly.

McNeil, good on you for having such a hardcore fanbase.....after a year of you "trying to figure it out", I am done. Your show is horrible - from the talent to the production of it. I'm sure you have nice guys that work on the show with you, it's too bad that they must have to take a cleansing bath, night after night, after having to deal with your incredible ego and ridiculous idea of what's funny or entertaining.

Are you Harry Teinowicz?

I dont think so.

But it wouldnt shock me either.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
immessedup17 wrote:
While not having the same fervour as Harry Seaward, I do share some of his feelings on the show. However, I haven't caught even a minute of it in months, so I don't really know how it is now. And I have no reason to check it out over Waddle and Silvy.

It does seem like when it comes to B&B and Mac though, a lot of you guys who complain about it constantly are also listening to them somewhat often...why?

This scene from the Howard Stern's movie about sums it up:

Quote:
Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes a day. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How could this be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given: "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: All right, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer: "I want to see what he'll say next."

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:48 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
While not having the same fervour as Harry Seaward, I do share some of his feelings on the show. However, I haven't caught even a minute of it in months, so I don't really know how it is now.

I feel the same way you do. Im not a Mac fan and I agree with most of Harry Seaward's thoughts, but I just don't listen. Making the same tired arguments week after week is just stupid, kind of like bad parody songs....

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:00 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

Are you Harry Teinowicz?

I dont think so.

But it wouldnt shock me either.

Crazy. As I was reading his post the same thought popped into my head.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I guess you guys must have missed Mr. Teinowitz Adventures in Typing a few years back. If it were Harry it would look one continuous, never ending word...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:07 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I guess you guys must have missed Mr. Teinowitz Adventures in Typing a few years back. If it were Harry it would look one continuous, never ending word...

Ya its not him.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Harry Seaward wrote:

Talk about "oh so important" ... I don't recall the topic being "Ask Harry Seaward". Did you have O'Donnell ghost-write this for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
look at me! look at me!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I hate to pile on, but...fuck! Quit fucking listening. Your self indulgent posts are worse than anything Mac or Spiegs does. And I actually agree with some of what you feel! Quit wasting your time making yourself miserable. Read a book, maybe some volunteer work? Go hold a crack baby. It's a big old world Harry, check it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Harry Seaward wrote:

Dude, do you fucking enjoy anything? What is your idea of a good sports talk show? Who has the best show in Chicago (in your opinion)?

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:49 pm 

I am done with the show, so no worries about me posting in here anymore. It's just awful, and it's clear that McNeil likes to pander to a bunch of dopes here by gracing them with his presence once in awhile...while changing NOTHING about the issues some have with his show.

And, I never claimed to "happen upon" or "accidentally" tune into this show. From the day it was announced that he was coming back, I was excited. I gave it a go, and it annoyed me. I took some time off. I came back, still bad. I've been sampling it a bit, every week or two, and I am now done. I've never claimed to accidentally turn the radio on and hear the show....I've been honest in saying that I tune it in, INTENTIONALLY, once in awhile to see if he's decided to tweak anything. But he hasn't. For those that love his style and content as-is, that's great news for you.

If I were really concerned about "me-me" stuff, I would have created a new thread proclaiming my dislike of this show ... but, no, unlike your hero McNeil I posted within a thread RATHER than starting a new one for no reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:54 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
I am done with the show, so no worries about me posting in here anymore.

Yeah, we will see about this. I don't buy it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Harry Seaward wrote:
I am done with the show, so no worries about me posting in here anymore. It's just awful, and it's clear that McNeil likes to pander to a bunch of dopes here by gracing them with his presence once in awhile...while changing NOTHING about the issues some have with his show.

And, I never claimed to "happen upon" or "accidentally" tune into this show. From the day it was announced that he was coming back, I was excited. I gave it a go, and it annoyed me. I took some time off. I came back, still bad. I've been sampling it a bit, every week or two, and I am now done. I've never claimed to accidentally turn the radio on and hear the show....I've been honest in saying that I tune it in, INTENTIONALLY, once in awhile to see if he's decided to tweak anything. But he hasn't. For those that love his style and content as-is, that's great news for you.

If I were really concerned about "me-me" stuff, I would have created a new thread proclaiming my dislike of this show ... but, no, unlike your hero McNeil I posted within a thread RATHER than starting a new one for no reason.

Don't let the groupies run you off. Do like RV does with north, listen once in a while and post all you want.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bet the farm on the under. Again, someone who hates the show and never listens has a multiple paragraph rant about how bad things are.

And now, the IB, Gloop, and Seaward parade will commence in 3, 2, 1...

I don't post lengthy rants about the show. I limit my input to pointing out your emotional need to textually fellate Mac whenever any criticism is offered.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Harry Seaward wrote:
I am done with the show, so no worries about me posting in here anymore.

bull...shit.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I'm sure the response to this will be "Ya think?!!"...

Harry Seaward is just looking to be the baddest of the bad enimics of Mac so that they will be talked about more on the board. Also makes me wonder if H.S., S.ID. & Gloopy are all the same person.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass while punching the fucken button.

I to will be announcing in the White Sox section I will no longer be watching as I was excited at the prospect of the 2010 season and I 've given it a go and it has annoyed me...I will be honest as well as I'm really concerned about "me-me" stuff, I would have created a new thread proclaiming my dislike of this team ... but, no, unlike your hero Ozzie I posted within a thread RATHER than starting a new one for no reason.

WE WILL ALL BE SLEEPING BETTER TONIGHT knowing Harry is no longer tuning in . :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Harry Seaward is just looking to be the baddest of the bad enimics of Mac so that they will be talked about more on the board. Also makes me wonder if H.S., S.ID. & Gloopy are all the same person.

Hey dumbass, don't think too hard, just ask BigFan. He'll tell you that I am only me, not any of the others that don't kiss the lazy man's wide ass. You must be in radio somehow, you're just way too stupid to do anything productive.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Score is doomed wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Hey dumbass, don't think too hard, just ask BigFan. He'll tell you that I am only me, not any of the others that don't kiss the lazy man's wide ass. You must be in radio somehow, you're just way too stupid to do anything productive.

Wow...that's supposed to hurt my feelings somehow? :roll:
Dick Jauron wrote:
I'm not in radio, but I'm on one.

Please tell me something that I don't already know about myself so that my life can be greatly enriched. Please tell me how I can lead a more productive life.....I mean, ripping people on message boards is really fixing the world's problems, isn't it?

I'm eagerly waiting with baited breath.

"Things are getting better, I can feel it." -Beck

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

Wow...that's supposed to hurt my feelings somehow? :roll:
Dick Jauron wrote:
I'm not in radio, but I'm on one.

Please tell me something that I don't already know about myself so that my life can be greatly enriched. Please tell me how I can lead a more productive life.....I mean, ripping people on message boards is really fixing the world's problems, isn't it?

I'm eagerly waiting with baited breath.

"Things are getting better, I can feel it." -Beck

You spend a lot of time kissing ass and blowing people on the message board, so I guess your life is complete.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
You spend a lot of time kissing ass and blowing people on the message board, so I guess your life is complete.[/quote]

You spend all your time here bitching about everything and everybody. I guess your life is complete.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.