It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Yes, Have a fun trip W_Z, for my pick, I know everybody says Boston looks like there done and the injuries have caught up with them, but with the Celtics winning, I think the Bruins carry the Boston karma and win tonight, of course I think I picked the winner 1 time in this series.

On your dream, if it was 1-1, I think that's a plus for the Flyers, beacause 3 goals could win this game, Boston will not score much, they will only win this game 2-1 or 3-2. An intresting thought, the Bruins haven't played Tim Thomas, and this is where the Bruins lost last year, and the Flyers get out to 2-0 lead, does Thomas come in.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:36 pm 

Up 3-0 in series
Up 3-0 in game 4
Up 3-0 in game 7

Lose the series. That's a level above a Cub-like collapse.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:44 pm 

Congratultions on the win W_Z, the Flyers have had a heck of a run so far and it started before the playoffs, they had to beat the Rangers on the last day of the regular season to make it in, now have beaten the Devils and the Bruins.

What must Boston be thinking, the joy of last night, a 3-0 start, and lose 4-3, 2nd straight year lose a game 7 at home in the 2nd round, do they let Tim Thomas go since they have Rask, or do they keep Thomas just in case.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 pm 

yeah i'll shed a single tear for boston fans. celtics win a title last year, are in the conference finals this year. red sox won 2 world series in the last 6 years. patriots with 3 super bowl wins in the past decade. those poor, poor boston fans.

thanks reents. had a great time at mad river. made a lot of fast friends. you're never lonely at a sports bar. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm 

Z, you greedy bastard. :twisted:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:53 am 

Well today starts both Confernece Finals, In the East you have the Flyers vs Canadiens in the rare 7 vs 8, and in the West you have 1 vs in the Sharks vs Blackhawks.

On the East side, I think the Canadiens will win the series, sorry W_Z, but the Flyers off the momentum of the last series take game 1.

On the West Side, Blackhawks, this is what you got Hossa for is this series, the Blackhawks have lost 4 straight game 1, so a loss today, doesn't hurt them, but I do like the Hawks to take game 1, they got by Loungo and I would say he is better than Nabokov.

A couple things good or bad, the last 2 times the Hawks have made the conference finals, they have lost 4 games to 1, but both to the Red Wings.

The last 2 Stanley Cup Champions have closed all their series out on the road during their playoff runs, 3 of the 4 teams left, still can do that, Sharks won the clinching game at home last series.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm 

:shock: wow, good for zach, hope the flyers can keep this up...

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 am 

RFDC wrote:

hey, if it's a chicago/philly stanley cup and the blackhawks win, i'll have no problem with that. blackhawk fans have suffered enough. and they're an original 6 team. i can't believe the flyers have come THIS far with all the problems they had this year. and then take game 1 the way they did?

still, this series is far from over.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
W_Z wrote:
RFDC wrote:

hey, if it's a chicago/philly stanley cup and the blackhawks win, i'll have no problem with that. blackhawk fans have suffered enough. and they're an original 6 team. i can't believe the flyers have come THIS far with all the problems they had this year. and then take game 1 the way they did?

still, this series is far from over.

Before we go to overboard with the Philly love lets not forget that many preseason publications picked the Flyers to go to the Stanley Cup this year. So, they're not exactly a cinderella story.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 pm 

they were close to being the opposite. they had to win against the rangers on the last day just to get in, while bouncing around the 5th-8th seed toward the end of the season.

i don't think many people gave the flyers a chance against the bruins.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 pm 

Also, W_Z, didn't the Flyers fire their coach this year and onto their 3rd or 4th goalie.

For tonight, The Canadiens have tied their series at 1 in the first 2 rounds, do they keep it going, I think they will score and Halak will play better, does that get them a win or is it Flyers 2-0, I say the Candiens do win tonight.

On the Hawks-Sharks, Can Niemmi play that good again and can the Hawks do the offense again or will the Sharks get their goals and have a better offensive gameplan. I think tonight's game will be a little more high scoring, but I think if your the Hawks and you want to make the Finals, it would be nice to get tonight's game and not rely on winning the rest of your home games. Their only .500 at home, so keep dominating on the road, Hawks go up 2-0.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:19 pm 

reents wrote:
Also, W_Z, didn't the Flyers fire their coach this year and onto their 3rd or 4th goalie.

yes on both counts. and it wasn't a great transition at first for lavoilette. they've fought a lot of injuries all year.

Quote:
For tonight, The Canadiens have tied their series at 1 in the first 2 rounds, do they keep it going, I think they will score and Halak will play better, does that get them a win or is it Flyers 2-0, I say the Candiens do win tonight.

well i hope you're wrong but i could easily see the habs taking game 2. the flyers have been playing very good lately but...they've also played some high wire acts, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:09 pm 

the flyers had halak scared by the third period. they have been very impressive. let's keep it rolling in montreal.

good luck to the hawks.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm 

The way both these Eastern and Western Conference Finals are going, we could be in the Stanley Cup Finals by Memorial Day.

I don't think it's good for the Canadiens that they haven't scored a goal, you would like a little mometum going home, besides what the crow will give you.

The Hawks are 1 period and just over a minute from going home up 2-0.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm 

For tonight, do the Flyers go up 3-0 or do the Canadiens still have some fight in this series.

I think Montreal will score a goal tonight and this is about the time Halak gets it going, when his team needs him the most, I say the Canadiens show some fight and get a game here.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
If the Flyers continue to dominate the Habs the way they did in Games 1 and 2, then this really won't be the Western Conference's year. This will be Chris Pronger's year.

Coming into this series, I thought that the team that took out both Ovechkin and Crosby would prevail. But then I saw a stat somewhere that said that in the Stanley Cup playoffs, teams that come off of two 7 game series never (or maybe just rarely) win the next series.

Habs went to 7 against the Caps and Penguins. Flyers finished off the Devils in 5 in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:27 pm 

reents wrote:

I think Montreal will score a goal tonight .

1-0 Habs Image

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
If the Flyers continue to dominate the Habs the way they did in Games 1 and 2, then this really won't be the Western Conference's year. This will be Chris Pronger's year.

I think you might have just jinxed your boy, that was a bad turnover on that second goal... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:11 pm 

Those canadian fans look gay... But good for them that there team actually showed up tonight...

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Those canadian fans look gay... But good for them that there team actually showed up tonight...

Quebecois jawns = H2D.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm 

crosscheck wrote:

Quebecois jawns = H2D.

Sorry hussra, but I don't know what that means :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: *
crosscheck wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Quebecois jawns = H2D.

Sorry hussra, but I don't know what that means :oops:

Me either and i'm sober.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:51 pm 

Well the Canadiens won a game, see if they can tie the series tommorow, now onto tonight's game. Do the Sharks be like the Canadiens and win Game 3 or do the Hawks go up 3-0. With the Hawks being 3-3 at home, that makes you think they will go 1-1 this weekend, I will say the Sharks win tonight.

One thought, I know Dan McNeil put this as a myth in his article last week, but if the Hawks did sweep, and the series going a little longer, the Hawks would have a long week. My guess is if the Hawks won both games this weekend and the Flyers won tommorow and Monday, my guess is the Finals would start next Saturday, lets say Hawks sweep, Canadiens and Flyers go to game 7, the Finals could start a week from Saturday. That would be about a 2 week break for the Hawks.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 pm 

Glad to be wrong, Hawks win, 1 to go and on to the Finals.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 am 

Well today, the Canadiens tie the series or the Flyers get 1 game closer to the Finals. I know the Canadiens have come back in the first 2 series, but I think if the Canadiens lose today, they may not be able to overcome this one, don't you want to go to Philly down 3-1.

I think Halak has to play like he did in game 3, Canadiens bring the offense and the series is tied, did the Canadiens find a way to beat Leighton, I will go with the Canadiens to tie the series, but the magic number I think today is 3, Flyers score less series tied, more and Philly goes up 3-1.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 pm 

Is today the day the Hawks go to the Stanley Cup Finals or is it back to San Jose. I think the thought is the Hawks will win, but remember we have only had 2 teams close out a series at home so far these playoffs, I am going to go Hawks here, but would not be suprised if Sharks win.

On the other series, I thought it would be the Canadiens, but after yesterday it will be the Flyers, Montreal may even win game 5, but I don't think they can win 2 in a row, none the less 3 in row, unless Halak can stop everything, but the problem so is Leighton.

So it looks like the Finals will be the Blackhawks vs Flyers, and if both series by Tuesday, I would say they would start the upcoming weekend, and I think I read where the first 2 games are on back to back days, if a series goes longer than 5, who know when were starting.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm 

We got one team in the Finals, do we get the other one tonight. I think if your the Hawks, you want the Flyers to win, or you might have to wait more than a week to play again. I know this is when Halak steps up and allows 1 or 2 goals, the problems the Canadiens aren't scoring, I don't see the Canadiens win this series now, they may win tonight, but I will go with the Flyers for a Stanley Cup Finals of Blackhawks vs Flyers.

If it is Hawks-Flyers, the talk about the drought with the Hawks, Flyers haven't won the Cup since the mid-seventies.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm 

reents wrote:
Flyers haven't won the Cup since the mid-seventies.

Image The Hammer:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:15 pm 

Montreal leads 1-0, and in the game they scored, they won.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next