It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:54 pm 

What the fuck is this \/ shit?

Yes, your midday host (Meatpants) at the nation's 3-4th largest media market's "sports powerhouse" is playing proms on the weekend - that prevent him from hosting "his" baseball show. Playing a prom

Everyone is entitled to vacation, time off, etc.

This seems excessive.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery

You know what they say about those high school girls...

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 pm 

One more question, how many days do you intend to take off after the Balck Hawks champeenship.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
What the fuck is this \/ shit?

Yes, your midday host (Meatpants) at the nation's 3-4th largest media market's "sports powerhouse" is playing proms on the weekend - that prevent him from hosting "his" baseball show. Playing a prom

Everyone is entitled to vacation, time off, etc.

This seems excessive.

Solid! Especially when Matt has enough energy to make it to the Hawks game with Mac later on that day.
I think Matt does a good job with his baseball show and when he is given the chance to host a regular show he takes away from others ability to grow into a position and get comfortable like he has. Seems that every weekend he has a show and then doesn't show up and you have Rozner with some new guy that doesn't click. Part of listening to radio in general is the hosts working well together and not being uncomfortable.
If you cant make the 4 shows per month, it's time they let someone else take the job.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm 

I don't schedule weekend programming, Bryan. Are you really serious taking offense to him taking a show off now and again? Wow. Tough crowd. I don't think the prom gig had anything to do with it. I doubt Matt got too goofy singing at a prom.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 pm 

I do have a few days vacation coming up after the finals, dolphin. And I plan to use all I'm contractually allowed to take (I know that's not a beef of yours, but some here really resent those who get four or five weeks of vacay. I've got three days left before June 15 and plan to use em right after the Cup. Had I thought your offer to meet me for a beverage were serious, I gladly would have worn my black jeans for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:36 pm 

Mac wrote:
I don't schedule weekend programming, Bryan. Are you really serious taking offense to him taking a show off now and again? Wow. Tough crowd. I don't think the prom gig had anything to do with it. I doubt Matt got too goofy singing at a prom.

Offense? No, of course not. Who would be offended by that? I do think its a curious move for an up and comer to not try to be on air every chance he gets.

Since Ive listened to you, youve always talked about the work aspect of "the dream job" you have. I guess I just think Mattpants should strike while the iron is hot.

Im not one of the criticize vacation people. I max out mine every year and wouldnt expect anyone else to do differently, but if it affects your career (i.e. missing a be on air chance) its a different story.

You once suggested Ced Benson return kicks because it was "an oppurtunity to touch the hoochie"

I think Matt should grab every oppurtunity to "grab the mic"

I think I probably like Spiegal more than most here.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am 

Mac wrote:
Had I thought your offer to meet me for a beverage were serious, I gladly would have worn my black jeans for you.

There will be a next time.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

Meatpants is smart for not giving up his day job. His days in radio are numbered.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac wrote:

Meatpants is smart for not giving up his day job. His day s in radio are numbered.

You can't just say shit because it would be cool if it were true. You suck, man.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mac wrote:
I don't think the prom gig had anything to do with it. I doubt Matt got too goofy singing at a prom.

He wasn't there as a date was he? Following in Bill Wyman's footsteps perhaps? Or maybe Mark Chumura's? :shock: : :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.