It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:17 pm 

reents wrote:
Montreal leads 1-0, and in the game they scored, they won.

And now Timmonen with a stupid penalty. Habs on the pp, already up 1.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
am I the only one that isn't getting any volume on VS?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
2-1, wait, 3-1 Flyers. Philly fans doing a mock Montreal cheer (Ole, ole, ole ole…etc.) after the 2nd goal.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:37 pm 

GOAAAAAAL!

Mike Richards and the Philadelphia Flyers just want it more. Laying out on the ice to get a short-handed goal and then to assist on the put away goal.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:42 pm 

The Flyers just touched the wrong trophy. The cup is all ours now. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm 

Cindy touched the same trophy last year. I think it shows confidence on the part of Richards to manhandle-the-hardware and a lack of confidence on the part of Toews to fear the touch.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:52 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
spanky wrote:
The Flyers just touched the wrong trophy. The cup is all ours now. :D

Cindy touched the same trophy last year. I think it shows confidence on the part of Richards to manhandle-the-hardware and a lack of confidence on the part of Toews to fear the touch.

Really? I thought it showed that the Flyers are smart enough to realize that as the #7 seed, that didn't even qualify for the playoffs until the final day, they are playing with house money now and that this is the last trophy they're gonna have a chance to touch this year - so we might as well pass that sucker around!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:58 pm 

At this point, the way Niemi and Leighton are playing, it's all about desire: which team wants it more.

Flyers were down 3 games to 0 to the Bruins and came back to win it.

And tonight, up 3 games to 1, with Montreal giving them everything the Habs had, Richards/the Flyers found another gear and closed it out at home rather than say, aw, fugg it, we'll win this another night.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:01 pm 

Nah, they didn't pass it around. Richards hoisted it for the photo opp and then skated it directly into the team locker room without anyone else touching it. Pure gentleman, someone presents you with a sweet trophy you take a picture with it/them and then you don't make anyone else carry your hardware off the ice for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:04 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Richards hoisted it for the photo opp and then skated it directly into the team locker room without anyone else touching it. Pure gentleman,

As opposed to that well-documented NHL asshole, Jonathan Toews, who did not touch it. He's so rude.:wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:10 pm 

Toews probably uses one of those wheeled carry-on bags flight attendants use when he travels. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I will say this, some little similiarties between last year's Penguins and this years Flyers, The Penguins fired their coach during the season, Flyers fired their coach during the season, Penguins touched the trophy, Flyers touched the trophy, both will have played 17 games to reach the Finals, also don't have home-ice advantage in the Finals, and are going against Hossa.

That said, I think it will go 6, with the Hawks winning.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:54 pm 

The night before the Finals, the state of Pennsylvania has a team in the Finals for the 3rd straight year, Flyers and Flyers fans nice not to see the Penguins in the playoffs, 2 straight playoff losses to them. The last time the Flyers were there they got swept 4-0 by the Red Wings.

On the Blackhawks side, I remeber heard at the end of last year's Finals, that the Hawks would win next year's cup and there here at the Finals, do they close it out and bring a cup to Chicago and I think they will in 6 games.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 am 

reents wrote:
The last time the Flyers were there they got swept 4-0 by the Red Wings.

ugh. don't remind me...

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:10 pm 

Well tonight we get Game 1, The Blackhawks have not won a game 1 at home since last year's first round against Calgary, Both teams haven't won a Stanley Cup game since 1980, I think.

I seen today that Boucher could play, if I am the Flyers I would just make him inactive throughout the whole thing, don't want extra things going through Leighton's head with the good play he is showing.

I will go with the Blackhawks tonight to take Game 1. They have scored on Luongo and Nabakov, and for the people that say the Flyers are like the Predators, remember the Hawks won the last 3 games in that series, and like they say sometimes you have to lose to win, Hawks made the conference finals last year lost and won this year, do they get the 4 wins after the conference finals, have to see.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:40 pm 

Well first off to correct something, the Flyers have won a Stanley Cup game since 1980. Well tonight, I think this may be the biggest game of the series, because if the Hawks win, you would have to think the way they play on the road, they will get at least 1, so they could come home with a 3-1 lead. Flyers win, probably 2-2 after 4 games.

The Flyers are going with Leighton tonight, wonder how long a leash he has, 3 goals midway through the 2nd period, is he out, I will say after Game 1, I exepct less scoring tonight, I think the Hawks will win and get the 2-0 lead.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm 

Well Game 3 tonight, I know the team down 2-0 last year came back to win the series, I don't see that happening this year and I don't see the Flyers coming back from a 3-0 hole again, so tonight is the big game, Flyers win we still have a chance at a series, Hawks win and it maybe over Friday.

Well see if the Hawks or like the Sox in Game 3 of the World Series and we have an overtime game that goes to triple overtime. I don't know what we are going to get from the goalies, game 1 allow everything in, game 2 stop everything, but I will go with the Hawks to go up 3-0, I'd like to say FLyers so we can get more hockey games, but the Hawks seem too good right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:39 pm 

Game 4 tonight, I am going to start off with a couple numbers on these Friday-Sunday games, in round 1 and 2 the Hawks were 1-1, conference finals went 2-0, do they have another 2-0, or go the one they haven't done.

Records over the weekend
2-0-Celeberate
1-1-On to Philly for game 6 to win it
0-2- Worry and Monday should be fun on the local radio stations.

I say we get a little blowout tonight, like a 3-0 or 4-1 and the Hawks win tonight to go up 3-1, may not win it Sunday, but get tonight.

Why Sunday could be big, Chicago has had some good Sundays with Championship games, Bears won the Super Bowl, and the Bulls won 4 of their 6 titles on Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 pm 

Well onto Game 5, all tied up at 2. Do the Hawks build off the 2 goals they scored in game 4, and being at home, or do the Flyers when there backed into a wall come out and get another win. You think about it since the Blackhawks went up in game 3, the Flyers scored the next 6 out of 7 goals.

The Hawks ahve played well in these types of games, Game 2 and 4 vs the Predators, and Game 2 and 6 vs the Canucks, where a loss and look out, but win and everybody breathes a little better. This game is even a little bigger for the Hawks, you win and you will have more fans at Philly, because the Cup will be there, a loss and it will be mostly Flyer fans, so it's a diffrence of 95-5 to 75-25.

I will say we get an overtime here and the Hawks know it's a must win, get the goal to win and on to Philly with a 3-2 lead, remember it could be tough today, but win and could start 3-0 in game 6, and you celeberate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:51 pm 

Well onto game 6 and maybe the final hockey game for the season, as crazy as this sounds, this game may be bigger for the Hawks, because a Hawks loss and it would be the first time they would face an elimintion game for the first were it would be the Flyers 6, just like last year when the Penguins had played a game 7 and the Red Wings didn't face one until the finals and the Pens won.

If the Hawks get the lead, the countdown starts, I wonder if what happened in Game 5 where the Hawks beat Leighton, if they do it again, I think if Leighton gets pulled, Hawks celeberate. With the Hawks played in the road, they will win in Philly tonight and your STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 pm 

So you're just practicing your typing skills with these posts? They are difficult reads.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm 

Don't have to put much

Blackhawks- Stanley Cup Champions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8