It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 am 

I don't use facebook at all and I don't intend to. I am not looking to sleep with any old girlfriends or 'friend' anyone I don't know.
I guess, if I want to participate in the Danny Mac Show, I need to go to 'THE Facebook Page" because Matt puts everything up on THE Facebookpage.
Why does an alleged major radio station, with a big time radio host need to do everything on facebook when they have a huge website monitored by a major media company, that I don't need to register for?
Nice to be small town plans Mr Spiegel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Have you been to the Score's website lately?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:00 pm 

FYI wrote:
Why does an alleged major radio station, with a big time radio host need to do everything on facebook when they have a huge website monitored by a major media company, that I don't need to register for?
So do you boycott all websites that you need to register for?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
FYI wrote:
I don't use facebook at all and I don't intend to. I am not looking to sleep with any old girlfriends or 'friend' anyone I don't know.
I guess, if I want to participate in the Danny Mac Show, I need to go to 'THE Facebook Page" because Matt puts everything up on THE Facebookpage.
Nice to be small town plans Mr Spiegel.

There are 400 MILLION people on Facebook. It's not like it's some niche market.

This is like a person without a cell phone complaining that they can't get text updates.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
like it or not Facebook is a part of everyday life for a great majority of 400mil people. Its another outlet where shows can promote themselves and interact with fans. And as mentioned above have you seen the score website?! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
+1 to Krazy Ivan, Boilermaker Rick, Bucky Chris, & Mr. Hernandez.

The Score website is virtually useless at this point, except for the listen live link and Infinity feedbag zone.

With their facebook page, they (Spiegs) have full control of what they want to link to and talk about. Much more functional and interactive.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
A Phillips screwdriver jabbed into one's own taint is better than Twitter.

The only positive thing to come out of Twitter is Craig Ferguson's Twitter/email jingles. Needs more Ass Möde.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
One day you will all see the light :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:35 pm 

One day we probably will. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
I thought people were boycotting Facebook and quitting en masse over privacy concerns?

Anything that South Park and Betty White both agree is god-awful can't be worth the trouble of having your private information plastered all over the world wide web.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm 

As I posted a few weeks ago, one of my friends, who was not on facebook, joined because an ex GF sought him out. He of course went to the wife with it, explained how he just wanted to see what she is up to, he will not talk to her or see her.

3 weeks later, another Ex GF finds him and basically, she is giving him the 100% green light.

Now this guy is your father of the month, wife, 2 kids, nice house, nice car, always says the right thing, blah blah blah, but I end up drinking with him last weekend and there it is.."I just wanna nail her! Just once"

all because of facebook.

Facebook is probably 97.5% harmless, it's the 2.5% thats gonna kick you in the ass one day!

1 of 5 divorces now referring to facebook http://www.mahalo.com/facebook-divorce-rates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's in Rockford
People including myself check that shiz multiple times daily.. good decision on the shows part

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 pm 

bigfan wrote:
As I posted a few weeks ago, one of my friends, who was not on facebook, joined because an ex GF sought him out. He of course went to the wife with it, explained how he just wanted to see what she is up to, he will not talk to her or see her.

3 weeks later, another Ex GF finds him and basically, she is giving him the 100% green light.

Now this guy is your father of the month, wife, 2 kids, nice house, nice car, always says the right thing, blah blah blah, but I end up drinking with him last weekend and there it is.."I just wanna nail her! Just once"
all because of facebook.

Facebook is probably 97.5% harmless, it's the 2.5% thats gonna kick you in the ass one day!

1 of 5 divorces now referring to facebook http://www.mahalo.com/facebook-divorce-rates

Wouldn't he think the same thing if he just happened to run into her? I know facebook made it easy for him, but it's the decisions you make that decide your fate. My wife and I know that we've looked at/became friends or whatever with old friends of the opposite sex....no big deal. The lies are what will get you in trouble.

I've made all my info/pics and whatnot for "Friends only", although I have to admit that only about 30% of the people are people I actually know, other are either acquaintances, high school grads or people in media (not exactly sure why, just like to read their updates). Chet's comments amuse the hell out of me and I love what Darkside posts after his updates. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bigfan was an investor in Friendster. That's the real source of his antipathy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:15 am 

HossasSlavicRage wrote:
People including myself check that shiz multiple times daily.. good decision on the shows part

I think it is a great idea for the show, even though I do agree with the thought that they have their own website and maybe Mitch wants the hits????? They are in the business and everytime Spiegs yells 'Check the facebook page' well, thats $$$ out of the CBS pocket.

Honesty is great, but as I have shown it does not stop the inevitable.

I am all for the expression of thought, as you might be able to tell, but the "I am working on my facebook page" might be one of the single most annoying phrases I hear from an adult in lieu of doing anything else.

'Hey, wanna go watch the Hawks?"
'Can't working on my facebook page"

"Can you finish that report by 3 PM"
'A soon as I finish my facebook page"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's in Rockford
^^^

Oh I am sure. Facebook is blocked at work, I check it on my crackberry. It is literally a five minute thing for me, but I never got all that into it.

I was a very early user, back when it was restricted to just college students. It allows me to stay in contact with people I wouldn't really have the desire to phone. Thats about it for me.

For my younger sister its a totally different thing, she has an entire social life built online. Kinda sad if you ask me, but who am I to judge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:42 pm 

bigfan wrote:
HossasSlavicRage wrote:

I think it is a great idea for the show, even though I do agree with the thought that they have their own website and maybe Mitch wants the hits????? They are in the business and everytime Spiegs yells 'Check the facebook page' well, thats $$$ out of the CBS pocket.

Honesty is great, but as I have shown it does not stop the inevitable.

I am all for the expression of thought, as you might be able to tell, but the "I am working on my facebook page" might be one of the single most annoying phrases I hear from an adult in lieu of doing anything else.

'Hey, wanna go watch the Hawks?"
'Can't working on my facebook page"

"Can you finish that report by 3 PM"
'A soon as I finish my facebook page"

People say that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:35 pm 

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that they need to "work on" their facebook page. "Check it", yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm 

[quote="HossasSlavicRageFor my younger sister its a totally different thing, she has an entire social life built online. Kinda sad if you ask me, but who am I to judge.[/quote]

You are the the guy who creates shitty posts on this website, that's who you are.