It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: MackeyLand Pie Shop
Why is Matthew not in Philly with his partner? Scared of flying? Has kids to take care of? Needs to get a couple of Tribune article writter and that would be hard on the road? Worried about being egged after his awful trash-talking tough guy segment with the local Philly station last week? Has a concert to play?

Seriously, have they said why the guy isn't in Philly? And did I hear that they will be having Eddie O as co-host, tomorrow, with Dan?

Going to go back and listen to find out whether or not the bar that McNeil is at is a recess for adult men.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Spiegs had a gig he comitted too months ago is the story I got which is why he could not make the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:47 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Spiegs had a gig he comitted too months ago is the story I got which is why he could not make the trip.

I think all high school proms happen in May, that story can't be true.

Is he being booked for graduation parties now?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Philly is the Maywood of the east coast.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am 

The Danny Mac Show title was a good call.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

good call RPB as you would of thunk his excutive producer and hockey expert would of had the baby instead of his wife. Zawaski could of stoled the show during this cup run and have had a ton of air time but he's off breast feeding his new kid.

I don't think these young guys know the dues you have to pay in radio to become a success.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:00 am 

STU-GOTZ wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

good call RPB as you would of thunk his excutive producer and hockey expert would of had the baby instead of his wife. Zawaski could of stoled the show during this cup run and have had a ton of air time but he's off breast feeding his new kid.

I don't think these young guys know the dues you have to pay in radio to become a success.

Thats why I questioned the Prom thing, but Mac thought I was nitpicking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
STU-GOTZ wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Didnt Jay Z have his Baby 2 weeks ago? I'm really surprised that he isn't back on the air for the Stanley Cup Finals. Mitch should have told Jay that he WILL be on the air this week.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Meatpants is smart not to give up his day job.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zawaski adds nothing to the Score airwaves; use this opportunity to make his temporary leave permanent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
Spending time with your newborn is ALOT more important than the Stanley Cup Finals. If he had the time coming then good for him for wanting to spend it with the new baby and to help out the Mrs. Those of you who think otherwise obviously do not have children. Funny, Mitch should have told him he WILL be on the air this week. HA HA HA HA HA. How clueless you are.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am 

This show has been brutal since the hockey playoffs started. Hopefully they end soon. I'm tired of listening to bad hockey experts or ex players. I'm sure ratings are going down.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:00 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Zawaski adds nothing to the Score airwaves; use this opportunity to make his temporary leave permanent.

Agree, and have him take the bad parody songs with him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
This is why Meatpants isn't in Philly:

Methinks they won't let him on a plane anymore. Its just not fair to the other passengers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm 

Bud Dude wrote:
Spending time with your newborn is ALOT more important than the Stanley Cup Finals. If he had the time coming then good for him for wanting to spend it with the new baby and to help out the Mrs. Those of you who think otherwise obviously do not have children. Funny, Mitch should have told him he WILL be on the air this week. HA HA HA HA HA. How clueless you are.

Jay should just bring his family on the road with him like Bryan Adams does:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm 

Bud Dude wrote:

I dont know how this transformed into Jay Zawaksi. I agree if his wife just had a baby take all time you need/have.

After all. THOSE are the best days of your life, contrary to what a certain Canadian Crooner may have led you to believe.

I was referring to Meatpants not being there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Bud Dude wrote:

Jay should just bring his family on the road with him like Bryan Adams does:

rogers park bryan wrote:
Bud Dude wrote:

I dont know how this transformed into Jay Zawaksi. I agree if his wife just had a baby take all time you need/have.

After all. THOSE are the best days of your life, contrary to what a certain Canadian Crooner may have led you to believe.

I was referring to Meatpants not being there.

Damn, Tag team smackdowns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
That song was FLY!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:21 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:30 pm 

Why is 1/2 of the show in Philly? great for Mac to get to go to the games and the yahoos in from the afternoon saloon there too, but really who gives a shit? Does it make for better radio if they are in a bar in Philly vs. being in a studio in Chicago? It is a great perk for them, but who cares if meatpants is there or not?

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 pm 

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Why is 1/2 of the show in Philly? great for Mac to get to go to the games and the yahoos in from the afternoon saloon there too, but really who gives a shit? Does it make for better radio if they are in a bar in Philly vs. being in a studio in Chicago? It is a great perk for them, but who cares if meatpants is there or not?

Well, I think he should be on the show wherever it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Vincent Antonelli wrote:

The better question is, why does it matter either way?

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
but really who gives a shit?

Seems like both you and the OP do...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:30 pm 

Oh so Meatpants was on the show but NOT in Philly?

Who cares then?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
That song was FLY!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I wasn't aware that Spiegs didn't make the trip to Philadelphia to join Mac the rest of this week. Imagine if "Something Happened" to Mac along the way...Would the Jenny Jones-looking Kerry Sayers be hosting the show in addition to her "Scoreboard Updates"? Something to think about...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Bud Dude wrote:

I have 3 kids. I took the week off following each off their births. By the end of the week I was ready to go back to work! All I am saying about Jay Z is that this could have been a big week for his career. He would have had more on air exposure than he has got in the past, & may get in the future. Cant he take 3 hours to do a post game Hawks show in the evening & maybe call in a couple of times each day?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Bud Dude wrote:

I have 3 kids. I took the week off following each off their births. By the end of the week I was ready to go back to work! All I am saying about Jay Z is that this could have been a big week for his career. He would have had more on air exposure than he has got in the past, & may get in the future. Cant he take 3 hours to do a post game Hawks show in the evening & maybe call in a couple of times each day?

Guys, I think the least Jay should do now that he's a father is at least participate in Drinky's "Chicago Hockey Postgame Show" by phone if he can't go to the GrossingerCityAuto.com studio downtown. It's been a good 2 weeks...