It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6/7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 am 

These guys are brutal. Mully doesn't know shit, besides football. Hanley said he can't believe that the NBA went against the NHL game, seriously? Besides in Chicago, I'm sure nobody watched the hockey game. Nationally, the Stanley Cup Finals have been in the bottom half of the sports stories nightly. Hell, ESPN is lucky to have 1 segment on it during Sports Center, when they have a couple on the NBA Finals.

Post subject: Re: 6/7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:09 am 

schmitty1121 wrote:
These guys are brutal. Mully doesn't know shit, besides football. .

This...

Is why this show was a bad idea from the begginning. It would be like giving Cowley or LeVine or Chris DeLuca a show. Outside of their "expertise" on the sports they cover, which is questionable, they sound terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
I guess that's why it is the number one sports talk show in the city based on the ratings and number 4 in morning drive overall while its competition is in 12th. Yeah, terrible idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
I guess that's why it is the number one sports talk show in the city based on the ratings and number 4 in morning drive overall while its competition is in 12th. Yeah, terrible idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ratings do not equal quality.

But youre right, they are kicking ass so it was a good decision, just not for me.

The simpletons who listen to sports radio here in HOOTERVILLE may eat it up, that doesnt mean its quality.

Mike Murphy had good ratings.

Oh and you just gave yourself away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 am 

I like it because its not meatball radio. This board is a meatball board and proud of it. That's fine. But most people aren't meatballs and appreciate an informed perspective without the heavy breathing. That's why it rates well and appeals to a broad audience, perhaps meatballs excluded. There's a show on after it for you meatballs. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 am 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
I like it because its not meatball radio. This board is a meatball board and proud of it. That's fine. But most people aren't meatballs and appreciate an informed perspective without the heavy breathing. That's why it rates well and appeals to a broad audience, perhaps meatballs excluded. There's a show on after it for you meatballs. Enjoy.

Like when Mully couldnt pull the term "Off the post" and was saying the Hawks kept "hitting the thing"

Scholarly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 am 

You are mistaken. He said that in reference to the early beating the Hawks put on Pronger and they were, indeed, "hitting the thing".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
How can it be said these idiots aren't meatballs? Did you hear them say something to the effect "we would be killing Quenville if his line changes hadn't worked." Really? I wouldn't have. Coach Q needed to do something. I think he would've been raked over the coals more if he had stood pat. A shakeup was needed. He changed things up. Great stuff.

I was excited after the big win and wanted a local angle, so I tried listening to these goofs this morning. Nice to hear that their guffawing at anything and everything hasn't been toned down. After hearing the collective "we," I gladly tuned to music. They are unlistenable and the fact that they have ratings doesn't mean jack. Jim freaking Belushi had a sitcom for how many years?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am 

They did OK this morning but Mac is the show to go to for the local angle on the Hawks...and the heavy breathing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
So I guess the fact that Hanley was the Hawks beat writer for 9 years, he didnt know or learn anything????

I dont Mully is trying to play expert on the Hawks, just as I dont, but I think Hanley more than makes up for what Mully might not know.