It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice Try NHL
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As the worst management people in professional sports continue to take their sports down into the pits of hell, I was laughing at the "NHL announcement" today.

1. The game will be on New Years day.OK, thats fine, who do you think is flyingin for this game on NY day?

2. The League will handle all ticket distributions of this event. The Cubs and/or Blackhawks will have no tickets for sale.

3. They are not sure how they will lay out the rink, or what they will be doing. Great! Then don't have a press conference.

So who is coming to Chicago on New Years day to see the Red Wing play the Hawk outside?

While I agree this could be a very cool local event, and one which I would have considered attending due to proximity, this potentially great event will have 15,000 people at the event because of the distribution of tickets.

Someone should tell the NHL this event is not, nor is it even close, to the Super Bowl, but it is more like the Rock n Jock softball game.

Yes, if they sold the tickets like a normal game it would be a sell-out, but they will be giving tickets to league sponsors, players, execs, etc. who will pass them on to someone else because no way does some guy from Gillete who is spending his winter in Arizona going to shlep out to Wrigley and the tickets will go unsused! and this thing will be known as a huge flop!

Post subject: Re: Nice Try NHL
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Thanks for pissing on our parade, BF. Trust me, no one will have to fly in. The hillbillies from Detroit will have their mules tow their trailers here, and there are more than enough Chicagoans (and Chicago-areans) who either like the game or are just interested in the event, to fill Wrigley.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
If they sold these tickets to the hillbillies and the Hawk fans, I agree 100% the place gets filled and the buzz is huge, but by the time tickets get to these fans they will have traded 3 times and eveyrone wants a +100$ over the face and the cost will be ridiculous until a week before.

Angus, I am fairly confident though you will be able to get cheap tickets either day of the game or the day before.

This has the feeling of the Buffett or Police shows at Wrigley and those tickets came out of the gate overpriced and they came down to face and less 2 days before the show.

Just combining all the factors, I see this being a semi bust on New Years day. You could have a number of fans in Chicago that would love to go and would be willing to try and get tickets the day before, but it is New Years day and most people have some plan for what they are doing weeks before.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
bigfan wrote:
As the worst management people in professional sports continue to take their sports down into the pits of hell, I was laughing at the "NHL announcement" today.

1. The game will be on New Years day.OK, thats fine, who do you think is flyingin for this game on NY day?

2. The League will handle all ticket distributions of this event. The Cubs and/or Blackhawks will have no tickets for sale.

3. They are not sure how they will lay out the rink, or what they will be doing. Great! Then don't have a press conference.

So who is coming to Chicago on New Years day to see the Red Wing play the Hawk outside?

While I agree this could be a very cool local event, and one which I would have considered attending due to proximity, this potentially great event will have 15,000 people at the event because of the distribution of tickets.

Someone should tell the NHL this event is not, nor is it even close, to the Super Bowl, but it is more like the Rock n Jock softball game.

Yes, if they sold the tickets like a normal game it would be a sell-out, but they will be giving tickets to league sponsors, players, execs, etc. who will pass them on to someone else because no way does some guy from Gillete who is spending his winter in Arizona going to shlep out to Wrigley and the tickets will go unsused! and this thing will be known as a huge flop!

You're an idiot. They sold out almost twice as many tickets in Buffalo last year, in a cookie cutter stadium IN BUFFALO. This is an actual city, and even though I don't like Wrigley Field, it is a destination and a landmark. You have no idea how many people have already talked to me about how they can get tickets for this. Get your head out of your ass.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
so how does one get tickets to this thing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
City of Fools wrote:
so how does one get tickets to this thing?

The only for sure way is to have been a full season ticket holder prior to the announcement as of right now. More info from NHL to come.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
ok, I'm good...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
bigfan wrote:
If they sold these tickets to the hillbillies and the Hawk fans, I agree 100% the place gets filled and the buzz is huge, but by the time tickets get to these fans they will have traded 3 times and eveyrone wants a +100$ over the face and the cost will be ridiculous until a week before.

Angus, I am fairly confident though you will be able to get cheap tickets either day of the game or the day before.

This has the feeling of the Buffett or Police shows at Wrigley and those tickets came out of the gate overpriced and they came down to face and less 2 days before the show.

Just combining all the factors, I see this being a semi bust on New Years day. You could have a number of fans in Chicago that would love to go and would be willing to try and get tickets the day before, but it is New Years day and most people have some plan for what they are doing weeks before.

A SWING and a miss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm 

Did you go to it crosscheck?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
spanky wrote:
Did you go to it crosscheck?

no, my brother got THE tickets for christmas, I got hawks-rangers tickets :cry: 3-2 loss in OT...