It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
The location blows for me, but if I leave by 2pm, I might get there by 7pm.

I so wish they had flying cars already. Lewis Black is sooooo right. I want him for our next President. :wink:
Might have to crash at someone's pad out in the area that night. Any willing good samaritans?

Slappy- WTF! Kid Rock and Bon Jovi? Might as well throw in some Wu Tang to complete the triumverant of suck!!! :P :P :P (this thread is going to be extra fun now)

I live a mile and a half from the bar. You can crash on my couch if need be.

I am going no matter the board presence. I live this damn close and I would burn that much cash on a Friday night anyway. Plus, Bud Light does me no harm. I am not discriminating. Except for Miller Light. That shit sucks.

Last edited by sjboyd0137 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
The location blows for me, but if I leave by 2pm, I might get there by 7pm.

I so wish they had flying cars already. Lewis Black is sooooo right. I want him for our next President. :wink:
Might have to crash at someone's pad out in the area that night. Any willing good samaritans?

Slappy- WTF! Kid Rock and Bon Jovi? Might as well throw in some Wu Tang to complete the triumverant of suck!!! :P :P :P (this thread is going to be extra fun now)

Jeff, I like you but i will punch you in the face if you ever say that again :P

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Slap Shot ED wrote:
I'ts such a pain in the ass ride for me with all the construction and it being on a Friday and we have the Bon Jovi/Kid Rock show the next day in which I have to drive all my drunk freinds down to and home as well. If I can break away I'll pick you up Spaulding and will both head down to see Mac and Spiegs . It's in Stu's back yard as Im sure he will be there. God help you all if he shows up.

I'm a pimp, you can check my stats! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
Decisions, Decisions,

Do I go see the best live show playing at Soldier Field that night or a bad tribute band playing songs from the 60's?

I think I will go see the best live show at Soldier Field that night. Those of you who criticize Jovi and the boys have never seen them live. No one compares to their live show. I have seen em all, and yes, Jovi is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:43 am 

Bud Dude wrote:
Decisions, Decisions,

Do I go see the best live show playing at Soldier Field that night or a bad tribute band playing songs from the 60's?

I think I will go see the best live show at Soldier Field that night. Those of you who criticize Jovi and the boys have never seen them live. No one compares to their live show. I have seen em all, and yes, Jovi is the best.

I would have stuck with the Bryan Adams love, at least that is funny.

Bon Jovi just sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 am 

Bud Dude wrote:
Decisions, Decisions,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:47 am 

I'm waiting for Tributasaurus playing as Jovi.

Coming soon to the DuPage County Fairgrounds.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:51 am 

Seriously, Mac if you wanna answer this that'd be great, but where is the money going?

If the sponsors are paying?

The food and bud lights do not equal 42$.

Is the money for the privallage of being in the company of Radio superstars?

This seems really weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bud Dude wrote:

You'd be better off staying home and playing with your vagina.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You'd be better off staying home and playing with your vagina.

This is very quoteworthy.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spanky wrote:
I'm waiting for Tributasaurus playing as Jovi.

Coming soon to the DuPage County Fairgrounds.

Too big of stage....unless they are opening for Rick Springfield.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seriously, Mac if you wanna answer this that'd be great, but where is the money going?

This seems really weird.

Hey, lousy parody songs don't come cheap. Someone has to pay for the band and Mac's appearance fee. Plus. IF they are closing the bar for this "private party", you don't expect the station to pay, do you? :lol: Not with the ALS crowd willing to pay!

And if they aren't closing it down, why would you pay $42 to see this shit? Just walk in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
It is required that you altercate for your freedom to party.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Bud Dude wrote:
Decisions, Decisions,

You would rather see Bon Jovi than see Meatpants & Tributasaurus do an entire set of every parody song that Meat & Mac have done?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
rogers park bryan wrote:

This seems really weird.

The weirdest part is that it's advertised as an all-inclusive event--for one price, you get the booze, the food, the band (and the Mac!)--but the open bar ends before the band begins. That's fraudulently weird.

Having multiple sponsors--Durty Nellies, The Little Guys and Bud Light--I can't see how WSCR is paying out a nickel for this event. More likely the station is making a profit on it even before you factor in the outrageous $42.50 cover charge.

Unless Mac and Spiegs are both getting additional appearance fees beyond their station salary-draw to attend? Then WSCR would need the cover charge to cover their fees, to avoid those fees eating into whatever money the Little Guys et al are kicking in beyond the cost of the event.

Quote:
Friday July 30
Bud Light Presents The Danny Mac Show Anniversary Bash
Brought to you by The Little Guys and Durty Nellies in Palatine!

670 The Score and Bud Light invite you to come and experience the party that has been a year in the making- T
21 & Over
$35.00
Buy tickets online!
Doors: 7:00 PM
Show: 10:00 PM

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, July 7th at 10:00am. Tickets include: -Open bar from 7-10p which includes a selected variety of Bud Light products, banquet wines, and bar liquors/vodka -BBQ dinner buffet -Tributosaurus concert

Friday night specials

$4.50 • Stella Artios draughts
$2.75 • Bud Select & Bud Select 55 bottles

It's not likely Durty Nellie's is charging anything to "close" the bar. They are getting a couple weeks of free advertising out of this, tho I don't think they need it. I imagine WSCR called around to bars around Chicagoland til they got the best deal. Kind like how WSCR's advertising department calls around to Chicago area pizza/burger/chicken wing places and asks them if they want to pony up a few grand to be part of a "Best of" Chicagoland poll on WSCR.
Wouldn't surprise me if Nellie's is kicking in the well liquor and banquet wines as well.

I don't know what the Little Guys are doing there, maybe they are donating sound gear for the gig? More likely they just cut WSCR a check to be mentioned in all the advertising related to this event.

Free BBQ is nice and all, but some bars (maybe even Durty Nellie's?) offer it without it being a special event. The Map Room on Armitage offers free all ya like BBQ on weekends between Noon and 4 pm or so from Leon's Famous Ribs.

Maybe Mitch really did tell Mac he had to cut the show's budget going into Year 2 (rumored back in the Spring) and so this is possibly how Mac's paying Meatpants salary going forward? (j/k)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 am 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
The Map Room on Armitage offers free all ya like BBQ on weekends between Noon and 4 pm or so from Leon's Famous Ribs.

I did not know this, how long have they been doing this?

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 am 

At least since that Leon's on Ashland just North of Fullerton opened, several years now.

Map room also does world food nights on Tuesdays, they have Irazu (Costa Rica), Greek Islands and Thalia Spice scheduled for the next 3 Tuesdays.

On world food nights, they make you pay for 2 drinks per and give you a food stamp to get yer grub on.

BBQ weekends, as long as they aren't busy, ya can just wander in with a laptop and chill and enjoy free BBQ with various sides. Map Room is ok, as long as there aren't too many people there. Good place to watch college football and have bbq & beer on rainy Fall Saturdays.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 am 

At least since that Leon's on Ashland just North of Fullerton opened, several years now.

Map room also does world food nights on Tuesdays, they have Irazu (Costa Rica), Greek Islands and Thalia Spice scheduled for the next 3 Tuesdays.

On world food nights, they make you pay for 2 drinks per and give you a food stamp to get yer grub on.

BBQ weekends, as long as they aren't busy, ya can just wander in with a laptop and chill and enjoy free BBQ with various sides. Map Room is ok, as long as there aren't too many people there. Good place to watch college football and have bbq & beer on rainy Fall Saturdays.

It has been quite awhile since I have been there that early on a Saturday, but I do enjoy this place so I might have to get up there soon.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think the big question is how much of the money is going into Meat and Mac's pockets. Come on Mac, answer the question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:55 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
I think the big question is how much of the money is going into Meat and Mac's pockets. Come on Mac, answer the question.

if you're on fuckfacebook or whatever it's called, you could post that question to Mac's on-line bulletin board (wall?). Maybe if you're not, someone else could ask the question over there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:12 pm 

Wasn't the big WSCR 15 year anniversary bash in 2007 at Real Time Sports free? Didn't they give away free tickets? I was there but don't remember how they handled it. I know that I didn't pay to go.
I still can't believe that the Score is actually selling fucking tickets to a 1 year anniversary party. I really don't understand why anyone would pay for this.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Wasn't the big WSCR 15 year anniversary bash in 2007 at Real Time Sports free? Didn't they give away free tickets? I was there but don't remember how they handled it. I know that I didn't pay to go.
I still can't believe that the Score is actually selling fucking tickets to a 1 year anniversary party. I really don't understand why anyone would pay for this.

I have to agree with the crazy man on this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bud Dude wrote:
Those of you who criticize Jovi and the boys have never seen them live. No one compares to their live show. I have seen em all, and yes, Jovi is the best.

Um, how do I even respond to this? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Bud Dude wrote:
Those of you who criticize Jovi and the boys have never seen them live. No one compares to their live show. I have seen em all, and yes, Jovi is the best.

Um, how do I even respond to this? :lol:

I can't stand Jovi as Im going with a group to party a bit and my wife digs Kid Rock as she saw him last year and loved the show. Met Kid Rock twice and he was a dick (button 48) so other than people watching and hanging with good friends I have no other reason to go.

BTW U2'S ZOO TV tour at Tinley in 92' was and will always be the best show I've ever seen. SCORPIONS , Priest and Maiden were a close 2nd .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Bud Dude wrote:
Decisions, Decisions,

This might be the best post in the history of the internet....Thank you. :lol: Jovi has seen a million faces.....and rocked them all..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm 

if Map Room gets too busy

Cleos north across the street is an ok alternative as well, or Lotties (which has gotten too much like a fraternity party)

2 cents

Sabu

old Chicago avenue Cleo's semi regular when I lived in the city.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Seriously, who goes to these things except advertisers and friends/family of the hosts? And to pay 40 bucks on top of it? With this economy, you arent gonna even see a half full venue.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 am 

JBills wrote:
Seriously, who goes to these things except advertisers and friends/family of the hosts? And to pay 40 bucks on top of it? With this economy, you arent gonna even see a half full venue.

There is a hard core group of Mac fan boys who would pay $100 for swill & shit on a stick to see Mac. I don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm older, have a Wife & kids, & have better things to do. I don't know. Who in the hell throws a 1 year anniversary party? Is that a major milestone? When you get to 5 or 10 years, ok. But 1 year? The Score would have been better off promoting this event like any other remote, where attendees are on their own for food & drink. I would think the Score could pay the $150 appearance fee for Tributosaurus. By the way, that might just be the worst band name ever?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:13 am 

pizza_Place: Nicola's
You guys are seeding the clouds for Mac to start an indignant "This is what I get for trying to throw a party?" thread.

How much were the tickets to the B&B Roast, BTW? I assume roughly $420, based on years of service.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7