It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Show Review/Recap
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Magnus Buchan wrote:
Maybe I should change my avatar to:

Mama Cass' picture works also.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Actually the new and improved Chaz Bono is a dead-ringer for the tiny one:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I have to add that Spiegs band is really good. All of the guys are extremely talented. That cannot be denied.
It really was a pleasure to watch the guitar players. I always learn something from excellent musicians. I parked myself in front of those guys for most of the show watching their solos. Very soulful, excellent technique I didn't hear an incorrect note by anyone. It was cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 pm 

OOgie wrote:
I will admit I am confused at this point. Mr Magnus dislikes the mac show? yet, he pays or sneaks in to this event? Knows the attendance numbers in details? Sounds like he works at the Score with mac and just doesn't like the guy? am I missing anything here Mr Mag?

Look at his joined date, right after the Mac show started. Also right about the time when Mac started kicking the Saloon's ass. Doesn't like Mac's "blowhard personality". Obsessed with how well Mac is doing in his new gig. Uses one of Mac's favorite movies as his avatar. Sounds like a scorned former friend. Pretty obvious to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Hmmm...johnnyfontane joined on June 3 of this year....the same day that President Obama extended health benefits to same sex partners of Federal employees...he must be gay...what a douchebag :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:01 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
Hmmm...johnnyfontane joined on June 3 of this year....the same day that President Obama extended health benefits to same sex partners of Federal employees...he must be gay...what a douchebag :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad jokes. Another Teiny trait. Go drink another bottle of Jack and fall down, jackass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Is there much better than a chorizo burrito at 1:30 in the morning when you're pretty fucked up? I say no.

Darksides drop Jeffro and myself off at the casa de sj, and that was about it. It was raining really fucking hard at that pooint though.

Was Darkside just hammered or was he painting his nails too?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Kerry Sayers is very pretty in person. I stand corrected...

Why wasn't her attendance a part of the regular spot they ran pimping this thing? Would've bumped up paid attendance to North of 40.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:05 pm 

Magnus Buchan wrote:
121 in attendance for the Mac gig but only 37 paid tickets...ouch.

Did the 37 who paid at least get a free t-shirt, maybe one that read "I paid $35 + service charges and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Cant wait to hear how Mac & Spiegel spin the success of this event Monday.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Scorehead wrote:

Once again, while I am not going to claim it could not have been better, it was still very good and it was crowded enough for my liking. Don't need to shoulder to shoulder to crowd, give me a little space and some good music and I am fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Once again, while I am not going to claim it could not have been better, it was still very good and it was crowded enough for my liking. Don't need to shoulder to shoulder to crowd, give me a little space and some good music and I am fine.

They could have filled Wembley and he would still take time to bitch about something.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:02 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
BF, I did meet you at the bar and we talked for a bit. Did not see Gloop there. Talked to the manager, 121 in attendance for the Mac gig but only 37 paid tickets...ouch.

:lol: :lol:

He's gonna be racking his brain all day trying to figure out who you are Magnus.

Initials PP sound familar to anyone?

those last 3 minutes were unbearable...I support everyones right to say what they want, always have always will, of course I have the right to remove it as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm 

johnnyfontane wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:

Bad jokes. Another Teiny trait. Go drink another bottle of Jack and fall down, jackass.

It's not Harry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
bigfan wrote:
It's not Harry

An angry ex-producer that didn't get to go with??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:12 pm 

And the PP initials are not to indicate the MB is Panther, as ome have pointed out to me, that was luck of the draw on that one, PP are real name initials.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:14 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Pete Pistone?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm 

bigfan wrote:
And the PP initials are not to indicate the MB is Panther, as ome have pointed out to me, that was luck of the draw on that one, PP are real name initials.

Paul Pierce? Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Pete Pistone?

:lol: I was just gonna type that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
bigfan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Magnus Buchan wrote:
BF, I did meet you at the bar and we talked for a bit. Did not see Gloop there. Talked to the manager, 121 in attendance for the Mac gig but only 37 paid tickets...ouch.

:lol: :lol:
He's gonna be racking his brain all day trying to figure out who you are Magnus.

Initials PP sound familar to anyone?

Now I'm more confused.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:53 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

They could have filled Wembley and he would still take time to bitch about something.

Macs Durty Nellies crowd wouldn't fill my basement.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:29 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Probably wouldn't fill the empty space in your head either.

Ya know I don't like that people give you such a hard time but you can be a real dick about stuff. What's your deal?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Probably wouldn't fill the empty space in your head either.

Ya know I don't like that people give you such a hard time but you can be a real dick about stuff. What's your deal?

You're right. 121 people would not fit in my head. Good one.

I'm "being a dick about stuff" because I made a wisecrack about Mac & Spiegs only drawing 121 people to the anniversary party, & only 37 paid attendees? You do realize that is pathetic & an epic failure, right?
It's funny how protective ALS'rs can get when it comes to radio shows & hosts.

It doesn't bother me that there are a few Douchebag ISOP members here who constantly go after me. I find it both amusing & kinda sad that these guys act like they know someone from message board posts.

When you meet people in person whom you knew on line, many times they aren't what you thought they were.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 am 

Scorehead wrote:
When you meet people in person whom you knew on line, many times they aren't what you thought they were.

You, however, would meet most people's expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You dont know if I'm an act or not. You may have even met me at a remote & didnt know it. We may have shot the shit for a while at an event. It's just silly to assume that people will be as they seem to be online, because the opposite is the case many a time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:13 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You dont know if I'm an act or not. You may have even met me at a remote & didnt know it. We may have shot the shit for a while at an event. It's just silly to assume that people will be as they seem to be online, because the opposite is the case many a time.

I assure you that such an occurrence, though valid with most 'normal' cats, is all but impossible with me. I cannot tell you the last time I engaged in anything but a passing 'hello', 'pardon me', or 'good afternoon' with someone I did not know. That's my hangup, and has nothing to do with you - negative, or otherwise.

Also, it's starting to become a more popular - and tiresome - excuse to say that a poster's behavior is "just an act" .... if one acts like a jackwater on a message board, then that means they also possess the ability - and likely propensity - to be a jackwater IRL. That's like the moronic addage "you can't tell a book by it's cover"; the hell you can't, that's why they fucking have them!

But alas, I should heed my lessons learned from this past week and stop casting aspersions, or else there will apparently be a veritable stampede of nancy's with heretofore unknown delicate sensibilities being damaged because I bothered to post something more involved than a dick joke.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:20 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
I assure you that such an occurrence, though valid with most 'normal' cats, is all but impossible with me. I cannot tell you the last time I engaged in anything but a passing 'hello', 'pardon me', or 'good afternoon' with someone I did not know. That's my hangup, and has nothing to do with you - negative, or otherwise.

Also, it's starting to become a more popular - and tiresome - excuse to say that a poster's behavior is "just an act" .... if one acts like a jackwater on a message board, then that means they also possess the ability - and likely propensity - to be a jackwater IRL. That's like the moronic addage "you can't tell a book by it's cover"; the hell you can't, that's why they fucking have them!

But alas, I should heed my lessons learned from this past week and stop casting aspersions, or else there will apparently be a veritable stampede of nancy's with heretofore unknown delicate sensibilities being damaged because I bothered to post something more involved than a dick joke.

Tally ho, mate. Fancy a good rogering? I promise to provide the requisite reach around.
\

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
bigfan wrote:

That would be HILARIOUS if somehow I found out that it WAS me! :lol:

Hey I have been there! When Degen Dave started posting everyone thought it was me, shit, I even thought it was me for second! His avatar was like my old one and his thoughts were close to mine!!! Thought I had a skitzo thing happening.! :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
RFDC wrote:
doug, is Kerry a dougleaguer?

she would fall into the crafty veteran category, yes. her professional pictures do not do her justice.

Don Tiny wrote:
Also, it's starting to become a more popular - and tiresome - excuse to say that a poster's behavior is "just an act" .... if one acts like a jackwater on a message board, then that means they also possess the ability - and likely propensity - to be a jackwater IRL. .

Or the opposite is true. For instance, I'm a raging prick in person.

I'm glad there were only 121 people there. Nellies sucks when it's packed to the ceiling with Affliction wearing meatheads and their Snookie wannabe whores. That's my personal preference...I just hope the band got the $1,295.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I'm glad there were only 121 people there. Nellies sucks when it's packed to the ceiling with Affliction wearing meatheads and their Snookie wannabe whores. That's my personal preference...I just hope the band got the $1,295.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So funny, but so true at the same time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next